pics of the First LTD15 Sold in the US Made By Mytee Sold By Superior

Willy P

Name
Willy P
John I've learned to ignore the optionally challenged when it comes to electrical systems. They don't know what they're talking about. Except the Doc. In his case IT'S JUST PLAIN HARD HEADED IGNORANCE.:razz:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Grass is green on both sides for me. Using a porty now and going with an Escape real soon. If anyone's grass is brown, it's probably ditch weed.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Name
Joe
I started out with portables, like most cleaners do, but I eventually evolved into cleaning with TM's, again like most cleaners do.

Stick with it. Eventually you will get where I am today.

I will when I find a quit one
some of the restaurants that I do are on the beach, can only be done late at night neighbors and police do not like noise

Name
Joe
Hi Jose,

Actually, the ETM was the reason I got those new motors in. So when I was talking to you, I thought that pump/motor system would be something you would like. The Escape ETM that I'm bringing to Mikeyfest has that same pump and motor combination in it. BTW, ignore these old farts on the board. It eats at them when an electric machine is better than their old hunk of junk tm. One just blew the head gasket of his tm, and is crying all over another board about it. He's been down for about a week now. He probably wishes he had your porty to save his bacon.

where you able to add heat to it too?

Name
Joe
John can I get one of the Starter 2” male x 2” male pipe thread with the Defoamer adapter connection like the one that is on the Escape ETM.
I do not care for the one that came with my defamer kid because it does not swivel and i will to have it in there permanent not removable
thanks

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Gawwd if you're only goal is to be a Porkchop jr, stick with the portable! :p

Witty, yet not subtle.Slight overtures of oak, cherry and lilac.A strong bouquet of portyphobia, blended with the ispendwaylessonmachinerepairsandpartsthanyoudoitis, and the fragrance of mycustomersdon'tgiveashit.

Hirise pic Richard?:razz:

10th floor.....aren't my ankles cute?
IMG_2123-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Connor

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Witty, yet not subtle.Slight overtures of oak, cherry and lilac.A strong bouquet of portyphobia, blended with the ispendwaylessonmachinerepairsandpartsthanyoudoitis, and the fragrance of mycustomersdon'tgiveashit.

Hirise pic Richard?:razz:

10th floor.....aren't my ankles cute?
IMG_2123-1.jpg

Indeed they are Willy.
Which part is the before and which is the after?

You circuit tripping porty hack :shifty:.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
And talking about circuit breakers.
How many here go with their own circuit breakers that they put in the electrical outlets they use?

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
?? for John LaBarbra. We have all seen the many new configurations of portys to reduce to operational cost of T/M ownership. The main limiting factor is electric power.So say you built a porty with 14-16 hg at 350cfm. Now for the majority of situations it would be powerd by one power cord coming from a generator in a minivan. And for situations that the generator could not be used the porty can operate on a reduced power that is readily available.
Good chemistry and agitation can easily replace heated water in my opinion.

This is just a thought that i have not heard.

Name
John LaBarbera
?? for John LaBarbra. We have all seen the many new configurations of portys to reduce to operational cost of T/M ownership. The main limiting factor is electric power.So say you built a porty with 14-16 hg at 350cfm. Now for the majority of situations it would be powerd by one power cord coming from a generator in a minivan. And for situations that the generator could not be used the porty can operate on a reduced power that is readily available.
Good chemistry and agitation can easily replace heated water in my opinion.

This is just a thought that i have not heard.

I agree with you. Add a T-Rex to that equation and you will be surprised how fast you can clean, dry and do it all very economically.

rick imby

Name
Rick
So you are going to generate electric power, then use that electric power to power your Electric powered pump and electric air Vacuum? Why not use the motor to directly power your water pump and vacuum pump --also known as a truckmount--and ESCAPE the electricity conversion?

Maybe you are on to something... maybe not...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
So you are going to generate electric power, then use that electric power to power your Electric powered pump and electric air Vacuum? Why not use the motor to directly power your water pump and vacuum pump --also known as a truckmount--and ESCAPE the electricity conversion?

Maybe you are on to something... maybe not...
I always wondered why the generator? When it's easy to put cords on reels and run them into the house when you bring in the solution hose.

Last edited:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I have seen big industry using remote power plants and they always run deisel to power electric motors(Diesel/Electric) My guess would be for reliability.
Having a porty packed with 350cfm 14-16hg being powered by one cord comming from a truck would save you a bundle.No water tanks or time consuming filling and dumping or repairs or weight to be hauld around. No hose reels or long hoses and all that goes with that.. No feul fired water heaters or heat exchangers. No loud noise coming from the truck (Gen Sets are almost silent) and you can lock the doors when it is running when properly set up. Think how easy it would be to run 500 ft. of power cord coming of a reel with weels and a handle.You can also very easily drop that line out of a 10th floor window if you had to.It would be great for flood work also Should you need increased electrical power on site after the extraction is done.
So anyway i would have the vac motors and pump out built into one unit. The feed pump i would keep seperate for the reason that the water supply would in many cases be away from were the job is being performed and can be powerd by nearby outlets.

So as you can see the operational cost saving of using a generator is not in the power supply but rather every thing that goes into the way it is set up

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom