Pieces Of Carpet.......

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
If any of you clean for a wide spectrum of custys, then you know what I'm talking about. Older folks, mostly. They like to cut little pieces of carpet and put them under every piece of carpet. When cleaning, they want the pieces put right back after cleaning. They can't stand to know that the pieces are not there. Are you putting them back or telling them to let the carpet to dry a bit?

They also adjust the furniture after you have blocked or tabbed it, knocking the furniture off the protective tabs or blocks.

Just venting.......

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
only had that carpet thing once....and i laughed as i left....

told them to let it dry...then its up to them

Marc Imbesi

How many times you think you've ran across this?

I always return the next day for the elderly and take off the tabs and blocks and would reset the pieces of carpet, if they wanted me too.

F

FB7777

yea it happens on rare occassion.. not really a big problem to address tho

if the carpet piece is small and just under the legs of furniture , just put a tab under the carpet piece and leave it in place

if its larger sections, just block it or tell them that its best to place them under after the carpet dries... either way they are going to have to remove a tab or block so its moot whether its there while its drying or not

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Sticky tabs keeps the tabs in place, even after moving !gotcha!
Blocked furn I will sometimes offset, knowing that they will move it. Then I know they won't set it on the spot where they block was which will take longer to dry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom