Pilelifting

moconnell

I would like some feedback on pilelifters. If they are worth the money and if so what brand/mfg to buy?

Thanks,
Mike

Fred Homan

Nilodor is good. Do you really need one? For many people here they sit in their garage....I think Jim Martin has one that he might part with....

moconnell

i am cleaning a Hotel and they are requesting that i Pilelift before i Steam Clean with my truckmount. Do you have a certified for sale? how much?
Mike

moconnell

i think i could use one. The Hotels are near beaches and they get alot of sand and soil in them. Will this machine help?
Mike

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
IMG_3245.jpg

IMG_3244.jpg

cost me over $1200.00..........used less then 10 times..........

make me an offer I can't refuse..........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
moconnell said:
i think i could use one. The Hotels are near beaches and they get alot of sand and soil in them. Will this machine help?
Mike

no.........the suck as a vacuum cleaner....(no pun intended)........

moconnell

what? Pilelifters suck as a vacuum? Why? What brand pilelifter is that in picture?
Mike

Name
steve snail
Jim's right, they suck as vacuums. On our commercial carpet cleaning this winter we vacuum like crazy, then pile lift, then steam clean or encap. The pile lifter does sit in the garage most of the time, but when you need it, nothing comes close.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the pile lifter is only good for two things...lifting a crushed walked down pile...or boat anchor.....

if you have one that is matted and crushed down real bad it will stand it back up real nice..Then (as Fred said)...vacuum.......

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Through the years I have owned two Certified Pile Lifters. I agree with the comments above that they are terrible at vacuuming. Mine ended up sitting in storage and not being used too.

When the folks at Kleenrite told me they had designed the vacuum air-path of their X-Vac pile lifter vacuum so that it actually vacuums the carpet, I was skeptical. But I've gotta say - theirs does a decent job of capturing dry soil. It does a lot better than the Certified's did!

It's true, a good commercial vacuum will capture the most particulate soil. However a vacuum cleaner struggles to open up the tightly compacted tuft bundles of a CGD carpet. The X-Vac does a good job of digging down into the pile and prepping the carpet before we clean it. We have one of these on our cleaning van now and we love it.

The X-Vac...
xvac%20no%20background.gif

Fred Homan

Mike you better jump on that from Jim Martin....Make Jim an offer. That unit looks like new. Jim takes good care of his stuff. Anal in a good way.... :lol:

moconnell

I am going to think about it or should I say sleep on it. I need to do more research. Goodnight

lance

Hey Rick G.

If i wanted high quality results and didn't mind taking my time, would running a Wittaker crb on the traffic lanes AND then using the X-VAC afterwards pick up a lot of the loose dirt? I am thinking about the first time cleaning in the building.

Then HWE or OP machine would work better.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I have the same one for sale in new york for pick up only, make offer. I am about 3 to 3.5 hours drive from you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom