Pimpin yor Mount with Rex Tyus.

Mikey P

Administrator
-What led you to get into this business?

-Describe your best cheerleader and what it took to make him or her so.

-Where was your business five years ago and where will it be five years from now?

-Who do you emulate in this industry and why?

-Start over from scratch, how would you go about it?

-How have the Boards helped your biz?

-Punch in the throat...

Rex Tyus

Mikey P said:
-What led you to get into this business?

-Describe your best cheerleader and what it took to make him or her so.

-Where was your business five years ago and where will it be five years from now?

-Who do you emulate in this industry and why?

-Start over from scratch, how would you go about it?

-How have the Boards helped your biz?

-Punch in the throat...

There were a couple of factors that tilted me to this from retail management. 1) all the Von Schrader ads in the own your own business magazines. 2) The amount of money I paid out to cleaners to clean the floors in my stores. I thought damn they make more than I do and don't have near the busllshit to put up with nor the hours to work.

My best cheerleader(s) are a couple of real estate companies locally. It was simply benefit by comparison. Plus the most important factor in any relationship charm wit and personality.

5 years ago things weren't much different than now carpet and furniture only. 5 years from now we will be much more diversified. Will be moving more into WDR and hard surface cleaning.

To say I emulate any one particular person would be hard. I will say I wish I had attributes from many. The intellect of Shawn Forsythe, the wit of Marty, the compasion of Lisa, The pricing ability Mikey, the excecution of what should be the obvious from Greenie, the realism from Larry C. I could go on and on as there are so many positive things about so many on the boards but I fear I have already lost Marty's attention.

Start over from scratch I would start by taking all the certification classes before I bought any equipment. I would have also went to an SFS type class or two. The service industry is SOOO much different from the retail world. I would skip the VS and the 2 banes and go straight to a pto truckmount. I would have saved several thousand dollars and had the ability to grow much faster.

The boards have absolutely helped my business. The biggest way would be in seeing the need to try something different and for yourself. Don't just do what everyone else has done or said to do. RESULTS MAY VARY.

Don't wish to punch anyone. This is a great community. A big family we may disagree but we are still family.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
no mention of importance of YOUR eye brow tweezers, Nair hair removers, home tanning booth or CROCS ??

rednEck my azz.........

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

The Preacher

i've only met Rex 1x in a suppliers store. other than the limp wrist and high voice, he was a nice enough fella.

Rex can you tell us how to get cleaning contracts for T&G, carpet etc from Wal Mart???

PS the WM in Crawfordville has one of the best Mgr's i've met! he is really into helping the local community.

Rex Tyus

meAt said:
no mention of importance of YOUR eye brow tweezers, Nair hair removers, home tanning booth or CROCS ??

rednEck my azz.........

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.
Lets get this straight, I WAX I don't tweeze, or nair, I don't have a home tanning bed I go to SUN and FUN Salon, and for god sakes I wear flip flops not crocks. Take another look in the photo room page five of the "let's see who you are" thread and tell me My look don't SCREAM, WELL GROOMED red neck. 8)

But even if you are hung up on the grooming, REDNECK is a state of mind. :wink:

Danny Strickland said:
i've only met Rex 1x in a suppliers store. other than the limp wrist and high voice, he was a nice enough fella.

Rex can you tell us how to get cleaning contracts for T&G, carpet etc from Wal Mart???

PS the WM in Crawfordville has one of the best Mgr's i've met! he is really into helping the local community.

Danny, you must have me mixed up with someone else. I have niether a limp wrist nor a high pitched voice you twit. GFY.

As for getting in with Wal Mart there are many variables none of them promising for the long term. Call me sometime if you want specifics. I have seen more than one company do great then have the rug snatched out from under them with out notice. Would not advise investing more in that relationship than you could afford to lose.

Rex Tyus

Gaydar is for insecure homophobes. :shock:

People have been jealous of my good looks my whole life. It is ok you can make fun it doesn't bother me. :mrgreen:

Rex Tyus

Steven, it would really depend on the market I would be persuing. The commercial market would lean me to a larger blower like a V or an AT utilizes, with similar properties. 200 gal SS fresh and waste with auto pumpout. If it was only for cleaning I would consider and test the 59 as to the 68 for performance. If it was to be used in restoration I would use the higher lift blower. In a Cab over box of course. I like the Ford LCF if they still are making it. Floor machine cimex.

For a residential unit I would go with a 47. Intake plumbing would be oversized as it pertains to the blower port intake to minimize intake restriction. I would preheat the fresh tank (140 gal SS), utilize engine coolant exchangers to a degree never seen before. Focusing on volume of water heated vs peak temps. A minimum restricted blower exchanger just to keep it popping. Sustained 220 in a residential setting is adequate for single wanding in my opinion. Housed in a cargo van or perhaps a really slimmed down cab over. More than likely a cargo with some Jim Bethel style storage. Floor machine, 17" light weight rotary OR a CRB style machine for prescrubbin.

I would also get with Dave Gill to pick his brain about RO.

As for pressure pumps I would trust the judgement of the dist/manufacturer. I was working with.

Wands, I would just say Greenie HOOK ME UP.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Any man named Rex who married a Newfinese woman passes muster in my books.

A round of cod tongues on my bill!

83334580yNpf4KH4.jpg

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Hey rex, I have been busy lately. But everybody beat me to bust your balls about your croc love a fair. hehehe I will pm you with the results of my little test soon.
Ps Thanks for the insight.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Is that YOU willy ?

In all my beautiful glory. And that's Danny Shatford behind me. I just figured you would like to know that. :wink:

Danny has more lobsters than anyone I know.

Rex Tyus

Lyman said:
Hey rex, I have been busy lately. But everybody beat me to bust your balls about your croc love a fair. hehehe I will pm you with the results of my little test soon.
Ps Thanks for the insight.

Good to hear from you. Looking forward to reading your results.

Back
Top Bottom