Pimping an RX-20 -- Dry Times -- Flow -- Etc.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have a greenhorn at 12 flow. Excellent Dry times. Hybrid Glide

I fixed up my RX-20, put it at 7.5 flow, put on hybrid glides. Terrible dry times.

I think I have the jets aimed well, and I always go back for a dry pass after ever three or four wet passes. Is it my technique or is there something I'm missing?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
You have to remember..we are not pulling a vacuum from a 2 inch tube......it is just 5 little 3/4 inch flex tubes that are doing all the work...go back with the stock 80015 jets.......you have to keep this machine balanced with what it is capable of recovering.....

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
7.5 flow is five 80015's unless I did my math wrong.

I have 5 80015's installed and aimed to hit the carpet right before the glide...

I just know carpets are usually dry in about a half hour when wanding and usually guessing at about 5 hours when RXing.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
we are not pulling a vacuum from a 2 inch tube......it is just 5 little 3/4 inch flex tubes that are doing all the work..

what are your dry time with out the glides..........

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
as fast as the head spins, you probably don't have a big enough blower to recover the more water you are using

I use mine with hybrid glides and don't have an issue

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
B&BGaryC said:
[quote="Jim Martin":34sdpexf]
we are not pulling a vacuum from a 2 inch tube......it is just 5 little 3/4 inch flex tubes that are doing all the work..

what are your dry time with out the glides..........
Haven't tried it since I fixed it[/quote:34sdpexf]

Try it without glides and see how it does......when I ran my CDS I found it did better without glides..with the 5 ..3/4 inch tubes it was just to restrictive on the the head...Maybe this is the answer to your problem as well..........

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
B&BGaryC said:
three or four wet passes.

I usually only go with 2 wet passes, then 1 dry pass unless working on a specific area. Seems like a lot to me. I have the slotted glides and seem to do well with dry times.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
What I mean is I never get more than 4 passes away before I match each on of those 4 wet passes with a dry pass. One dry for every wet but I do hurry the dry pass I suppose.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
you should clean an area then vacuum it, the way you are doing it makes no sense

dry pass should be as slow/slower than the wet pass, over lap a little more also

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
steve frasier said:
you should clean an area then vacuum it, the way you are doing it makes no sense

dry pass should be as slow/slower than the wet pass, over lap a little more also

I'm willing to consider anything. I was taught how to clean with an RX-20 by a man who took a multi-million dollar company running four full time vans with branding and name recognition at astonishing levels to a completely bankrupt nothing in a matter of five years.

It's ludicris that I even thought I would know how to use one right.

Now here's a question: with how squirely an old rx can be, how am I supposed to make one wet pass and then double back over the exact area again to dry it and then take another slightly offset wet pass dry etc. without risking going nowhere? Is the rx slower than wanding? I uses to cruise with the rx at the old company. Clean a box (left right left) dry the box (right left right) clean another box next to it...

gary mackay

I always do 2 dry passes per wet pass & no issues unless I use it with my portable. I do follow all my work with airpaths so I don't know what the dry times would be without. Everything is always dry to the touch when I leave. I use the hole glides.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
What psi are you cleaning at. Have you checked for restrictions?. Check where the hose connects at the bottom, Over time you can get a lot of carpet fiber gunked up there.

Albert

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
how do you do a slow pass with an RX 20?

Can you do a slower push of the wand when cleaning carpet? Can't you move the RX a little slower over the area you are dry passing?

If you are cleaning a bedroom it is easier to clean in then vacuum out. Big room do half and half. Kind of opposite of using a wand were you go all the way in and clean out.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
steve frasier said:
how do you do a slow pass with an RX 20?

Can you do a slower push of the wand when cleaning carpet? Can't you move the RX a little slower over the area you are dry passing?

If you are cleaning a bedroom it is easier to clean in then vacuum out. Big room do half and half. Kind of opposite of using a wand were you go all the way in and clean out.
sure I could move an RX20 slower, but the vac heads are zipping across at the same speed. Even if I sat it on one spot, the head is spinning compared with a wand being pulled slowly, more actual time over a specific spot

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqfaEM7gCgY7]

Here are a few changes to the wheel adjustment on the Zipper Jr. since Mikey's Fest. I wanted to thank Art Kelley for the interchangeable head idea.

Sorry about getting off topic. Ron listed my thoughts exactly why a rotary extractor does not dry well. This unit dries very well.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
anyone really put the zipper thing to the test........I have a few commercial accounts that thing may come in handy for.........

wired

Lisa is right . go with the hole glides. The RX20 has a clear tube you can see the water you are extracting. If you see alot of water coming up go make another dry pass until you do not see any more then you know you have got all the water up. you should be able to kneel on carpet without getting you pants wet. I make one wet pass overlapping half way going backwards one dry pass going forward and one dry pass going backwards then start with wet pass where i left off. It works for me everytime no mater how dirty the carpet is and its almost dry to the touch. Hope this helps. Steve

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom