**Pink Spot in Wear area in center of room. Seems Unique!**

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
I cleaned for an older couple yesterday. It was a cut pile Frize, shorter fibers, did a burn test and seemed to be Olefin dominant. Is there Nylon olefin blends and or just Nylon poly blends??

Never have had carpets cleaned in the past and never thought their carpets look like they needed to be clean. Hallway had distinct wear pattern and a 6x5 square of wear/PINK tint in the center of room in front of couch. 15x15 room. House was built 3 years ago. No kids, no pets, no spills. No area rugs on top. No self cleaning techniques or anything skeptical.

I Scrubbed with 175 and Releasit like a mad man and Rinsed with Rinse n Stop from Vac Away with 500 PSI. Turned out good. Just a little bit of Haziness imprinted by shoes. Pink looked the same. Actually thought I saw the pink at the front end of the hall in a 3x3 area.

The pink is little pin dots right on the tip of the fiber. Couldn't be a bleed through or a wick back could it??
Has it got to be a manufacturer defect?

Carpet company said they will come out soon and look at it.

Thanks every body!

Jordan

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Any chance it might be polyester? It turns a pinkish hue when it gets some bleach on it.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Does sun fading turn pink??

I've seen green and yellowish or just lighter color carpet as sun fading but no pink.

I don't know they had a coffee table. I think they said it was wide open in front of couch.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
LIke Ron mentioned already, I've seen it turn tan carpets redish so pink is not out of the question. Something to consider.. what color is thier pad.. Do they have a solution dyed carpet or is batch dyed.. and have they ever had their home sprayed for bugs.. just a few questions to help consider all the possibilities.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom