Pink spot

richd8980

sprayed pre-spray as I alway do didnt notice any spots, then when extracting notice a few pink spots. I have seen them before on
other jobs. Not sure if I I had something mixed in my prespray or what? Any thoughts as to why pink spots happen?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
be patient, someone will help

a little more info would be helpful too

what pre-spray and what fiber type carpet

My thoughts are running along the lines of acne ointments.
When dripped on the carpet, they don't do damage til water is added.

The "pink" you're seeing my just be some of the color that wasn't bleached out

any teenagers in the house?

..L.T.A.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Sounds like bleach on polyester. It always leaves a pink spot when it gets bleached.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
"Ph shock" from high alkali. (High ph prespray, booster, bleach, etc.). Sometimes reversable with an acid (acid rinse, rust remover, citric acid, white vinegar, etc.).

richd8980

If its because of high ph why doesnt it do it all over the carpet? Why only certain spots?

Thanks for the replies

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
richd8980 said:
If its because of high ph why doesnt it do it all over the carpet? Why only certain spots?

Thanks for the replies

Could be spots previously treated by the homeowner or another cleaner. You added your juice to theirs.

STEVEC

Could be something as stupid as Nerds ( candy ) that were at the base of the fibers, candy dye bled and wicked up as it dried. Had that happen before.

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
STEVEC said:
Could be something as stupid as Nerds ( candy ) that were at the base of the fibers, candy dye bled and wicked up as it dried. Had that happen before.

That's happened to me more than once. I almost like those as much as I like airsoft pellets...........

Back
Top Bottom