Pinkish Stains

S

steamclean

I have to go look at a carpet Thursday AM which was sold 6 years ago, in a living room.
This is in a home of 2 people in there 70’s
Off white, 100% nylon,
They say they never really us the room. It is more for show. Never cleaned.

There a apparently a dozen pinkish stains in a random pattern on the one side of the room, not along the baseboards. The manufacture is Coronet.

Thanks for any response

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Are you sure it’s not color loss? Like someone was doing some spot cleaning with oxiclean? If it is a stain test a red-out reducer w / heat then 30 vol peroxide.

S

steamclean

I am going to see it tomorrow, homeowner describe them as being round, or oblong shape.
When the sun hits it it looks pinkish, at night they look more on the purple side.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
ACE said:
Are you sure it’s not color loss? Like someone was doing some spot cleaning with oxiclean? If it is a stain test a red-out reducer w / heat then 30 vol peroxide.
that sounds about right . I did a retirement apt a week ago had the same thing. sounds like color loss.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Or pH shift from department store/DIY spotter... Try distilled white vinegar first.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
steamclean said:
I am going to see it tomorrow, homeowner describe them as being round, or oblong shape.
When the sun hits it it looks pinkish, at night they look more on the purple side.

Check the windows for suncatchers

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I know exactly what it is;

benzoyl peroxide

It is found in acne medicine and other skin creams.

Ask them of they use foot ointment.

It usually is permanent.

Cleaning or adding moisture to it will activate it and make it worse.

Do a search on benzoyl peroxide stains.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
pH paper and UV light tests are all that you can do. If pH is off, correct it. If UV shows abnormal, too bad somone got something on it. It's probably impossible to say what it was without a lab. But it really doesn't matter because the mill won't cover it. Best to just try agressive "red" cleaners, or Oxydizers.

If both pH and UV are normal, have customer call the mill. Or his dealer to do so.

Thx,
Dale

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Lee Stockwell said:
That usually goes a bit more to yellow, via orange.

I have seem benzoyl peroxide (foot creams) purple /pink several times.

THe purple almost looks flouresent.

(I do a lot of retirement homes)

Sometimes you can step off the spots and see they are from walking with that crap on their feet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom