Pirate PowerMax dilution reccomendations

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Pump sprayer - 2oz per gallon for moderate soiling.
4:1 5 quart sprayer - 12 oz for moderate soiling.
8:1 5 quart sprayer - 24 oz for moderate soiling.

These are only reccomendations with the purpose of establishing a starting point. Adjust as neccesary based on your own experiences and results.

Disclaimer: These reccomendations are not endorsed by Dynamax chemicals, and are in no way affiliated with Cobb supplies.

*If you are using a 50 psi single vac portable, please inquire about specific instructions.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Goomer;

Your suggestions are fine with one problem:

It will be very difficult to dissolve 24 oz. in a 5 quart bottle,

unless you have very pure water.

Larry

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Larry Cobb said:
Goomer;

Your suggestions are fine with one problem:

It will be very difficult to dissolve 24 oz. in a 5 quart bottle,

unless you have very pure water.

Larry

I do it all the time, and more.
Seems the sodium percarb (assuming it's the little white balls) takes the longest to disolve.
I actually think that other than the sp, your powermax dissolves quite well. I do try to mix it early, as opposed to on the fly, but again only because the sp seems to take the longest to disolve completely.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
done it to....and yes it can be a bit of a booger....

my question is....

whats the slimy/fluffy yellowish stuff on the top??

akgolfpro

Seems pritty strong to me! I'm almost half that strength! Remember what you lay down you need to suck back up!

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Be carefull not to mix powermaxx too strong. Ace told me he got some pretty outrages ph spikes and chemical burns on a carpet from powermaxx concen :lol: trate. Despite what people may say it is not wise to clean residential carpet at 12 ph

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
We got a bunch of orange/rust color prespray coming from the inline sprayer @ our first job. Now PM was mixed @ 2 scoops (4oz) with 02 @ 15oz of the remaining jug, the color inside of the jug was light orange. Is this common?

Ended up throwing away that mixture, rinsed the jug clean, n added 4 scoops (8oz) of PM, orange/rust color was gone, @ 8oz on the 5 qt jug, mixed @ 200 degrees water from the heater, cleaned well @ 200 ATW, but the carpet was never professionally cleaned in 12 years, tested @ double the strength (8 scoops - 16 oz vs 4 scoops - 8 oz), cranked heat to 230 ATW, and cleaned a bit better, I think the fiber was already pretty much worned out since the HW never maintained the carpet.

Will keep testing to see what works for us, hopefully we won't have to go over 16oz.

Anyone know why it would change to the orange/rust color?

Thanks,
Bill

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
tmdry said:
We got a bunch of orange/rust color prespray coming from the inline sprayer @ our first job. Now PM was mixed @ 2 scoops (4oz) with 02 @ 15oz of the remaining jug, the color inside of the jug was light orange. Is this common?

Anyone know why it would change to the orange/rust color?

Thanks,
Bill

Probably had something to do with the fact that there was already 15 oz of O2 in the jug. If anything, as Floorguy said, you will get some boogers floating on top, but nothing more than that.
16-20 oz is a good starting point for a 9:1 sprayer.
Stick with 16oz for a couple of weeks and make a decision after you have used on a broad range of carpets and situations.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I mix 24 ounces of Powermax all day every day.
Never have a problem with dissolving all of it in a 5 qt. hydro container.
It does separate a little when it sits (just like oil and vinegar).
Any prespray with citrus and oxidizers in it will do that but a slight shake of the jug before
you spray the next area and you are good to go.

And Bill, quit mixing products, especially if you do not know if they are compatible.
That's how some guys end up buying some carpet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom