Pitching to local restaurants

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
If anyone cares....

I made 8k in my first yr of p/t work 8) 8) 8) 8)

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have one regular restaurant account. It's two locations, one 2000 sq ft, the other 3 or 4000 sq ft. Move all the tables, clean each one every four weeks, come back and do the lobby on the big one 2 weeks after it's cleaning... All told, three midnight service calls for a little over a grand a month. It sucks, I can't wait to get a full schedule of crap like that so I can hire a dedicated commercial crew.

Who wouldn't do 20 of those a month? You'd be running a part time night crew, and making 20K a month. (gross)

Rex Tyus

I have one of "those" resturaunts to do tonite. One of those really dirty, grease saturated through to the backing kind of places. Lighting is so poor I have to use a flash light in places. I do this place about 2 times a year. With the previous owners it was once a month.

Believe it or not I am happy they still use me. I do the chairs and booths as well. I do it too cheap but I love it. :mrgreen:

See ya'll in a few hours.

cbcsi

I blew a brand new 45 blower on a greasy Chinease restaurant. It had so much grease that there was about 1 or 2 inches foating at the top of my waste tank Float switch failed to turn on auto pump out. When it didn't turn on the auto pump out and sucked the mess over the filter clogging it up. I was inside and noticed I seemed to be catching a lot of heat, but didn't realize the blower was running hot....900 bucks to repair the blower. $ 150.00 to clean the small restaurant... bad buisiness decision. That cheap you don't have a second person at the machine.

ascrubabove

cbcsi said:
I blew a brand new 45 blower on a greasy Chinease restaurant. It had so much grease that there was about 1 or 2 inches foating at the top of my waste tank Float switch failed to turn on auto pump out. When it didn't turn on the auto pump out and sucked the mess over the filter clogging it up. I was inside and noticed I seemed to be catching a lot of heat, but didn't realize the blower was running hot....900 bucks to repair the blower. $ 150.00 to clean the small restaurant... bad buisiness decision. That cheap you don't have a second person at the machine.

Now that is something to think about when cleaning a grease pit, check your tank often!

I never had an issue with my waste tank ever doing restaurants. My butler has a 210 gal. waste tank. And I never really clean it out but every 2 months, each time I open it up its clean in there, filters are in the filter box prior to waste tank. Just a quick squirt with a garden hose and its perfect. The restaurant business is definately in a cost containment mode. One thing I always do is try to include the restrooms turbo washing in the monthly service. Turbo the walls,floors,urinals, drains. If you do the restrooms or other services(kitchen floors). You take your invoice to a professional level. Remember your starting time can vary from 1 hour early to 1 hour late, depending on business flow. Always call the manager on duty to gauge his business two hours before closing. Then you can adjust your starting time so you do not wait to clean. You can become quite needed/appreciated in the setting of a restaurant. Usually only a few people there care about the owners business. If they know you care, its alot harder to get knocked out by your local competition. When you see a price thats cheap, remember in your head they are not doing the job you are. The owner/sales rep from the carpet cleaning outfit that gave the price. Know's what to say,how to say it. But they will be in bed when the work gets done. Ever heard some people on the board saying I have chimps, they will send these employees(I never understood calling their employees a chimp). You are an owner/operator, it does not get much better then this. You have the proper chemicals,equipment,knowledge to get the job done. Another thing I do is this, all employee working at the restaurant that night. Can get the car mats done for free. The managers like this, you only get a couple sets, no big deal. Do not get caught up in the they won't pay my rate. Residential customers pay your rate, why not commercial accounts. My 2 cents. Ron

Back
Top Bottom