Playdough/crayons and general nastiness...help me out here...

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Is this the crap that carpet cleaners deal with day in and day out? Sheesh

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Chhhheeesseus that's a pit!

We would recommend replacement! Some will come out easy, maybe most if you work on them. Some of that is stained.

You can make it look 100% better but it's going to take some effort. You can't replace wear, is the landlord going to be satisfied with cleaner worn and stained carpet?

How do people live like that? So where did the Ladwigs move to? :eekk:

Name
Steve Lawrence
I wouldn't tackle that without a clear understanding that many stains will remain, and I also wouldn't attempt without a good truck mount and a rotary extractor.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
A good prespray with built in solvents and oxidizers. Playdoh usually has some oils in it, let it have some really good dwell time. Hit it hard... you really cant hurt this trashed carpet.

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk 2

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
To speed thing up you can use several steamers at once for the koolaid. Even while you are setting up. You can get out 8-10 of them before you even turn on your machine.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Don't forget your 175 and red pad or brush and like said above make sure they know there WILL be some stains that will not come out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Name
Shawn Forsythe
This is a perfect case for possibly accomplishing two goals, apart from short-term profit.

First, it will task you on your abilities to remove spots and stains. Clean normally (using filthy carpet procedures), then follow with spotting practices the removal of the food dyes.

Second, if you are sucessful, this job has the potential for being the some of the best before-and-after material for your marketing, you could possibly ask for.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
This is a perfect case for possibly accomplishing two goals, apart from short-term profit.

First, it will task you on your abilities to remove spots and stains. Clean normally (using filthy carpet procedures), then follow with spotting practices the removal of the food dyes.

Second, if you are sucessful, this job has the potential for being the some of the best before-and-after material for your marketing, you could possibly ask for.

This job may further encourage me to stick to WD and NOT advertise for carpet cleaning, lol.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

But but but Shawn, won't you just be asking for more trashed carpet to clean? :winky:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
A good prespray with built in solvents and oxidizers. Playdoh usually has some oils in it, let it have some really good dwell time. Hit it hard... you really cant hurt this trashed carpet.

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk 2
The Playdoh comes out fairly easy, I've had it loosen up just with the solvency in the precondition.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Alright -

175 and brush - check
Powemax - check
Citrus-solve - check
Slob and gabble - check
Red relief - check
Steamer - check

What else?
POG?
Post bonnet and Snake Oil?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
How did they spill that orange into a Star? Is that to represent the state of Texas? :winky:

Take a good look Shawn, your twins........this will look good compared to the damage they will do! :p

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
But but but Shawn, won't you just be asking for more trashed carpet to clean? :winky:

Trashed carpet or restorative cc pays big if you are not scared to charge for it. I price these jobs out according to the physical condition of the carpet and the cost of replacement. That will give you lots of room to play with when giving a price. I always look at it as giving them a feel good price that is what makes me feel good.

The best info I got of this board is ( Do not let their problems become your problem)

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
It is a two bedroom w/stairs, obvioulsy.

I charged 185 + 35 for stairs + 75 for the living room mess.

Geez, I charge that much to pull in the driveway for WD...sad times.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It is a two bedroom w/stairs, obvioulsy.

I charged 185 + 35 for stairs + 75 for the living room mess.

Geez, I charge that much to pull in the driveway for WD...sad times.
Its better than nothing but I know where you're coming from, we get spoiled by WDR work. Average loss is 10-times the average carpet job but carpet is good cash flow, especially between water losses. :headbang:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Trashed carpet or restorative cc pays big if you are not scared to charge for it.
Not here. Landlords always gloss over the conditions and are seeking the cheapest rate. We do very little of that work unless it's a bank repo and they will pay to make it presentable.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Its better than nothing but I know where you're coming from, we get spoiled by WDR work. Average loss is 10-times the average carpet job but carpet is good cash flow, especially between water losses. :headbang:

I know you are right. I've been doing a little bit of CC lately here with my wife. She is a fantastic worker.

I don't trust any of my dolts with my truckmount, so we've been doing it ourselves. I think we did 800-900 last week just screwing around. Problem is, we both have expensive tastes for Asian food. Everytime we cleaned carpet we felt entitled to a great meal.

I'd say that my biggest barrier to getting serious about CCing is the fact that I don't want to deal with the phone ringing, idiots slugging around town all day in my vans and a lack of confidence in training someone. Those are sorry excuses but it's the truth.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
My suggestions:
Pla Dough - Excessive amounts can be frozen with Misty or a similar products the same way chewing gum can be frozen and then chipped or scraped off. For the balance, use All Solve Extreme.

Red Kool Aid stains - RedZONE Ready and a steamer

Crayon is treated like wax. Very hot temps can melt it up and extract or you can use a clean white towel or brown paper bag and heat with a steamer or iron on low heat. The wax from the crayon is absorbed into the towel or paper bag. If color is left, you may need to use All Solve Extreme and then Avenge Pro.

For over all cleaning Flex with Citrus Solv and plenty of hot water

Name
Brad Gouveia
I use odorless mineral spirits on playdoh takes some working over but it melt the playdoh and you suck it right up. Put in on right away and let it sit and work it way into the dough.

A helper to work over the spot would be a good idea on this job to save you sometime.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I know you are right. I've been doing a little bit of CC lately here with my wife. She is a fantastic worker.

I don't trust any of my dolts with my truckmount, so we've been doing it ourselves. I think we did 800-900 last week just screwing around. Problem is, we both have expensive tastes for Asian food. Everytime we cleaned carpet we felt entitled to a great meal.

I'd say that my biggest barrier to getting serious about CCing is the fact that I don't want to deal with the phone ringing, idiots slugging around town all day in my vans and a lack of confidence in training someone. Those are sorry excuses but it's the truth.
But look at the bright side, it is a lot lower risk than doing disaster work and the business side is no where near as brutal. Keep in mind that the more homes you can get in to do cc'ing will mean the more floods you will get because your satisfied cc customers will choose you. I have saw a couple different contractors who had a great cleaning business but fizzled out after a few year stretch doing disaster work because they turned their noses up at cleaning.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I don't trust any of my dolts with my truckmount,

Are you referring to your employees??
Guys that go out at 8pm on the weekend to do sewage back ups?
Pull shitty carpet and pad in 90 degree weather ?
Hump gear down and up stairs ?

are those the "dolts" you're referring to???

if so, you're a dumbass

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I had good luck with that new flex powder with citric..............

P9060712.jpg

P9060727.jpg

P9060724.jpg

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
What a pit. The way I would tackle that is with a strong enzyme pre spray boosted with solvent and clean with Rotary tool

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom