Playdough/crayons and general nastiness...help me out here...

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Are you referring to your employees??
Guys that go out at 8pm on the weekend to do sewage back ups?
Pull shitty carpet and pad in 90 degree weather ?
Hump gear down and up stairs ?

are those the "dolts" you're referring to???

if so, you're a dumbass

..L.T.A.

Thanks there, Lar. It was a tongue in cheek self deprecating joke aimed at myself/employees at how unqualified we are to do WD but not CCing.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Thanks there, Lar. It was a tongue in cheek self deprecating joke aimed at myself/employees at how unqualified we are to do WD but not CCing.

sorry, Jer
glad you were joking ..cause it never made $en$e to me how some treat their most valuable assets as turds .
and if they are turds, the owner is the dolt for having them

nuke it with the strongest pre-spray you have, mixed at 1.5 times recommended ratio (unless it's Cobbs outrageous recommendations,) ) if Cobby's Powermax, just the use the 23 cups pr gal RTU he suggests... :biggrin:
roto scrub with a red pad (not the brush, unless itls a VERY aggressive brush) slow flush/rinse extract with as much heat as your TM will make and run emulsifier rinse too

collect your 2 bill$ and cash the check

..L.T.A.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
And please follow Shawn's advice and NOT Dave's. Clean the carpet before trying to remove red stains. You won't even be able to find most of them until it's clean.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
sorry, Jer
glad you were joking ..cause it never made $en$e to me how some treat their most valuable assets as turds .
and if they are turds, the owner is the dolt for having them

nuke it with the strongest pre-spray you have, mixed at 1.5 times recommended ratio (unless it's Cobbs outrageous recommendations,) ) if Cobby's Powermax, just the use the 23 cups pr gal RTU he suggests... :biggrin:
roto scrub with a red pad (not the brush, unless itls a VERY aggressive brush) slow flush/rinse extract with as much heat as your TM will make and run emulsifier rinse too

collect your 2 bill$ and cash the check

..L.T.A.

Sounds like a plan. I have a TCS Chief II, so with an 4HT I have plenty of heat.

My little injection meter thingy isn't working as of now, so maybe it is with a bonnet encrapsulation?

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
And please follow Shawn's advice and NOT Dave's. Clean the carpet before trying to remove red stains. You won't even be able to find most of them until it's clean.

I thought that sounded like a dumb idea but what do I know?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I thought that sounded like a dumb idea but what do I know?

The reason Dave suggested that is because red stain removal products work better when applied to dry carpet. But sometimes its not practical, especially when there is a lot of residue and soil ontop of the stain.

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Royal Man

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The reason Dave suggested that is because red stain removal products work better when applied to dry carpet. But sometimes its not practical, especially when there is a lot of residue and soil ontop of the stain.

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk 2

Why not get many of the red stains out while you are setting up? Is a better use of your time and red relief is more effective on dry carpet.You can get out a crap-load of red spots before you even fire up the truck. I have three steamers for situations like this. Bring them in with your wand and some Red Relief. Spray the spots and get the steamers running (No towel needed) Go back bring out and bring in your solution hose and vac hose. Move the steamers and get out 3 more red spots. Go back out and fire up thee truck mount. Shift the steamers when you start steaming and you have 9 red spots removed when you start cleaning. Clean a couple of minutes and move the steamers to an other room and 12 red spot are gone without hardly any time on your behalf. These cases are rare. But, they don't have to take longer that any other job. I have done jobs where the kids put koolade in squirt gun throughout the entire house and house with trails of koolade and they re no sweat. Having multiple steamers can also work well for those massive 6'" 8' wax platters or even the 1/4 " thick ones. Heat the spots and the towel them out. This is much quicker than using a solvent and it is better fore the carpet and it save product. If your truck doesn't get as hot as mine you can also use a steamer for gum spots.

Last edited:

benjam99

I have followed this suggestion to leave a steamer unattended and it worked very well on 1 or 2 occasions..

Then there was the time that I tried that method and whether due to cheap carpet, someone's attempt to remove the spot in question or another factor the red spot was light yellow and there was a perfect steamer rectangle of lavender instead of the basic grey carpet color.

The steamer is not on the van all the time now.. & I won't soon leave a steamer unattended again...

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I have followed this suggestion to leave a steamer unattended and it worked very well on 1 or 2 occasions..

Then there was the time that I tried that method and whether due to cheap carpet, someone's attempt to remove the spot in question or another factor the red spot was light yellow and there was a perfect steamer rectangle of lavender instead of the basic grey carpet color.

The steamer is not on the van all the time now.. & I won't soon leave a steamer unattended again...

Be nice if someone knows what may have happened here because I always leave the wallpaper steamer and I've never had a problem so it would be nice to know what to look for to avoid issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Be nice if someone knows what may have happened here because I always leave the wallpaper steamer and I've never had a problem so it would be nice to know what to look for to avoid issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Could be to watch for color loss on dark colored carpet or perhaps an oxidizer like Stain Magic was grabbed instead of Red Relief. I have only seen some color loss one time and it was on dark green carpet and by using a steam iron. Red relief will often turn yellow as part of the process and usually it will rinse out. For Stain magic using heat with an oxidizer can be very risky.

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
I had good luck with that new flex powder with citric..............

P9060712.jpg

P9060727.jpg

P9060724.jpg

Looks like a smoothie in there,, ha! That new flex is some good stuff,,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom