Please become a MB facebook chum.

F

FB7777

done, I also sent FB suggestions to my 26 MB pals to join as well

Name
steve snail
Must be the last one left on the planet that is not a facebook member. Something evil there that I just can't put my finger on.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My feelings are there is already too much personal info out there.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Steve in Omaha said:
Must be the last one left on the planet that is not a facebook member. Something evil there that I just can't put my finger on.
Daddy said:
My feelings are there is already too much personal info out there.

I'm with you guys.....my wife spends hours on FB, and gives me a running report of what all her friends are doing at that moment. Who cares if Genny just took a crap at Arbys!!!!....or that Fred is walking into some bar. These people have .....no.....life......

But I'll check it out.

DrUmM@sT3r

Name
Mark Medora
Mikey P said:
it's lame but could help drive some traffic here is what they tell me.

Hey Mike?

The photo in your signature? Bishop? Big Pine? Sup wid dat? :shock:
That's where I live............no one knows where this is?

Mark :lol:

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
DrUmM@sT3r said:
[quote="Mikey P":eek:wzrquqt]it's lame but could help drive some traffic here is what they tell me.

Hey Mike?

The photo in your signature? Bishop? Big Pine? Sup wid dat? :shock:
That's where I live............no one knows where this is?

Mark :lol:[/quote:eek:wzrquqt]

I know where that is. A good friend of mine moved to Bishop in the late 80's. We used to go fishing there all the time. I loved Independence creek.

Chris A

Name
Chris
And I thought you friended me because you like me so much, now I know it was for selfish reasons, ya bastard

Name
steve snail
In the wsj

Just as Facebook turned friends into a commodity, it has likewise gathered our personal data – our updates, our baby photos, our endless chirping birthday notes— and readied it to be bundled and sold.

So I give up. Rather than fighting to keep my Facebook profile private, I plan to open it up to the public – removing the fiction of intimacy and friendship.

But I will also remove the vestiges of my private life from Facebook and make sure I never post anything that I wouldn't want my parents, employer, next-door neighbor or future employer to see. You'd be smart to do the same.

We'll need to treat this increasingly public version of Facebook with the same hard-headedness that we treat Twitter: as a place to broadcast, but not a place for vulnerability. A place to carefully calibrate, sanitize and bowdlerize our words for every possible audience, now and forever. Not a place for intimacy with friends.

Write to Julia Angwin at julia.angwin@wsj.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom