Please give your opinion

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Depends on what you're cleaning. I like the DriMaster for upholstery that used to require dry cleaning and an external jet hand tool for large volume and low risk cleaning.

Bob Foster

The hardcores will tell you the Prochem with mods and a glide.

I've been wondering when GreenGlides is going to come out with one. Seems like a natural for them.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
For the money you can't beat an internal jet PMF tool with the trigger guts removed so it becomes continous flow. A valve permanently attached to the whip to slow the high pressure water flow to just the end of the tool allows you to quickly change from your carpet wand to clean a piece of upholstery. I've used this for years now with great results. It's a fraction of the cost of a specialized tool like the DriMaster and is built like a tank.
Oh, and put some teflon lips on it so it becomes a wet dream.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I liked the original DriMaster a lot.

Like the new wider one even more so.

I find I can get a lot more water flow and agitation (when needed) with the new one.

I recently acquired a s/h Prochem tool, have yet to use it and also get glides for it.

I DIDN'T like the Kleenrite, even with glide on.

I feel that ones tool is a personal thing.

Not one is ideal for everybody, nor every job.

Ooroo,

:roll:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Art I was thinking of just that today!

I have an internal jet PMF plastic headed tool and was going to make it continuous flow as you described. It cost me about $100 ten years ago. I'd advise people to look it up on the PMF website to get the part number and have your local distributer order it for you.

I ordered the SS lips from the too, they are clip ons.

Glides right over the fabric just as good as the drimaster and hydrokinetic.

Greenie

Now that Interlink has purchased the Steam Way HydroKinetic, I am seeing more request for that tool, somebody must like it.

For non glided I loved my old CFR, for glided the Prochem tool we modify kicks for all around.

Name
Nate W.
I liked the black drimaster tool before getting the hydrokinetic tool. After taking Loren England's advise about the hydrokinetic tool, I bought one and love it. It's abit big but workable. It doesn't wet thru the fabric. I never liked the prochem tool.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I started with the Kleenrite uph tool. It was a great tool but would spray all over the place and the white metal head would crack and would cause snags.

Upgraded to the orig Drimaster. Much nicer than the Kleenrite. No spraying water, but I found I needed to work very slow with it in order to really flush the material, and then it seemed like I was over wetting it. Never seemed to dry the fabric the way I was told it would. If I pushed the tool forward it seemed to dig at the fabric.

In 07 I was asking the same question on here before I went to Connections. I wanted to buy one there. I looked at the CFR, looked a little awkward and long, and Prochem, just a normal uph tool, but chose the Hydrokinetic. What sold me was a demo on some fine fabric and not a drop came through the other side. It has a teflon holed glide so snags weren't an issue and is safe to use on fine fabric. It uses high flow and the water attacks at an angle just like the Greenhorn wand, the holes in the glide sucking fabric almost dry. First time I used it I was very impressed. Now I look forward to using it.
Its flaws: heavy head, hide-a-hose needs to be longer, and it could use a better solution line. It has a thermoplastic line and I noticed it weeping the other day.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Like Ron, the demo is what should get you. I saw the Hydrokinetic demoed shortly after it first came out. That was early 1985. It was amazing how it worked. Ron Toney told us at a class that he was going to show us a tool that would use 4 times the pressure and twice the water and leave the fabric dryer. I was skeptical at first, but ordered one immediately after the demo. Had to wait as they couldn't make them fast enough then.

Hydramaster came out with the drimaster a decade or so later, but did a much better job of marketing their tool than Steam Way did. And there have been many a cleaner that never checked out anything Steam Way. The reason sometimes seemed to be that they viewed Steam Way as kind of a franchise type company rather than a general supplier. That probably had to do with all the support and close knit feel of the customers. Steam Way was a great company. The world has changed some since then.

I have demoed the drimaster several times, I have the PMF internal jet tool, conventional tools, a couple different Hydroplane upholstery tools, but nothing cleans as well and as safely as the Hydrokinetic.

Loren
P.S. I have not seen the new drimaster in action yet.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Art Kelley said:
For the money you can't beat an internal jet PMF tool with the trigger guts removed so it becomes continous flow. A valve permanently attached to the whip to slow the high pressure water flow to just the end of the tool allows you to quickly change from your carpet wand to clean a piece of upholstery. I've used this for years now with great results. It's a fraction of the cost of a specialized tool like the DriMaster and is built like a tank.

Art, I like this idea. How did you secure the jet in place?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Shane T said:
[quote="Art Kelley":2i13p25t]For the money you can't beat an internal jet PMF tool with the trigger guts removed so it becomes continous flow. A valve permanently attached to the whip to slow the high pressure water flow to just the end of the tool allows you to quickly change from your carpet wand to clean a piece of upholstery. I've used this for years now with great results. It's a fraction of the cost of a specialized tool like the DriMaster and is built like a tank.

Art, I like this idea. How did you secure the jet in place?[/quote:2i13p25t]

The jet remains attached to the valve which now has a 1/4 " brass plug screwed on in place of the trigger.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom