Please help me put together a good rig...

AlliedCC

Thanks to this site I have already saved myself some grief! Yup, I found you all while researching the Bane Clene systems. I was about to pull the trigger on a Mini-Mount purchase, new, for a cool $13,000…surprised and glad to hear about their short comings before I got too deep into it. Now that I have read thru a couple of sites and finally you all’s input…I have decided to instead ask for your advice on a good affordable start up rig with the correct amount of vac, water temp and pressure (I may still take the trip up to Indianapolis to take the Bane training, a couple of you spoke well about their training). I plan on starting with carpet and upholstery cleaning first, until I get back in the grove, and then maybe move to other types of floor cleaning. This is what I have so far:
- $25,000 start-up budget
That needs to cover the purchase of a used Ford Transit, plus a decent compact truck mount, and if I can stretch it, a Roto-Vac Power Wand.
Your answers don’t have to be long…I will use your answers to put my rig together. If you will, please give me a quick response for the following:
Truck Mount:
Basic cleaning soap:
Best inline sprayer (pre-treatment):
Longer lasting deodorants:
Any additional advice you’d like to provide:

Thanks all in advance…Bo

Name
Lee Stockwell
The lil' Transit Connect is cute, but shares the shortcomings of the machine you mentioned. I've seen it be a useful "extra" vehicle for a company with "real" trucks, but very limiting to be your frontline vehicle.

You can get a good 1 ton extended van for under $3k that can be made indistinguishable from new.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
If I had 25K to spend, I would by a new El Diablo or Judson (Powerful, reliable, easy to work on) and a solid used van for about 8k.

My advice is for you to spend half that amount around 10-15k on a turnkey used truck mount. If you buy it right you can sell it for about the same money in couple of years when you go out of business or need to upgrade because you’re doing well. Only buy new or used machine that you can work on yourself or by a trusted local suppler.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Bo.. I may be able to help you out...?

Take a look at this unit...

You can have board members critique the unit on the board if you wish..?
They can ask me all the critical questions about the UNIT..then you can decide.. KMA!

Click on PIC for slideshow..

th_S4011173.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
tell Harper that yous a preacher from Nevada...
for a good deal.............

sorry Joe....couldn't hep it!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
dc klaatu said:
tell Harper that yous a preacher from Nevada...
for a good deal.............

sorry Joe....couldn't hep it!

Of course he will need your..."sEaL of AppRoVaL"..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
HARPER said:
Bo.. I may be able to help you out...?

Take a look at this unit...

You can have board members critique the unit on the board if you wish..?
They can ask me all the critical questions about the UNIT..then you can decide.. KMA!

Click on PIC for slideshow..

th_S4011173.jpg

Oh no, say it ain't so....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom