Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
138.jpg

and any idea if its worth any thing

rhyde

Name
rhyde
it's a Persian bidjar, bidjar is a town ..it appears to be on a wool foundation they switched from wool to cotton foundations in the 1920's this type of bidjar was woven to the south of Bidjar mostly by a tribal/ethic group of Afshars

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Mikey P said:
Due to current sensitivities I'll refrain from any homophobic commentary...

go ahead, i'm not the vegetarian that has told people that sex is a an annoyance in his relationship :shock: (how's that working out by the way ? ) call me a fag if it makes your day ...i don't really care?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
no wounder

i have a friend that used tee tree on her 6 year old daughter the tee tree forced her into early puberty

Name
George Valliant
rhyde said:
it's a Persian bidjar, bidjar is a town ..it appears to be on a wool foundation they switched from wool to cotton foundations in the 1920's this type of bidjar was woven to the south of Bidjar mostly by a tribal/ethic group of Afshars

I beg to differ.

This rug shows many simularities to the Bidjar tribal work but on closer inspection you will see the difference even though you might not notice at first glance.

Bidjar rugs have the distinct advantage of getting better with age. In fact, some say Bidjar Tribal rugs need to be more than 20 years old before seeing their true potential. The rug in this picture obviously has not aged well. Also, the squarish design and geometric shapes that are reflective of the region are not present here. In other words, this is no Bidjar Tribal.

I'm guessing this is a wool oriental rug. The name oriental comes from the fact that these rugs originated from Asia and China in particular. However, oriental rugs are now being manufactured beyond China, in countries such as India,Iran etc. The charactertistic of this style is the warmth that they bring to a room due to the way it is designed. In terms of qualitites, oriental rugs can withstand high traffic and resistant to a variety of things including stains, fire, dust etc. The most high quality and expensive oriental rugs are those that are made from silk while wool oriental rugs are much more affordable.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
i can send more pics if needed but there was a short fringe on only the one end. never seen that before. thanks guys keeep it coming

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Due to the wear of the bidjar (it has had a great life) it has mkore sentimental value than real value unless restored. That said, if you screw it up it will be worth a small fortune.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
rhyde said:
Mikey P said:
Due to current sensitivities I'll refrain from any homophobic commentary...

go ahead, i'm not the vegetarian that has told people that sex is a an annoyance in his relationship :shock: (how's that working out by the way ? ) call me a fag if it makes your day ...i don't really care?

Now, now, remember he is married to a woman who's religion makes 90% of sexual expression taboo. it could get pretty boring if you did the same thing in the same two positions every day for 20+ years.

ESPECIALLY if you are not yourself an adherant to said religion.

Few would be able to make a marriage work with belief systems so opposite.

Take care,
Lisa

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Let's keep the commentaries limited the rug... :roll:

I agree with Ken Snow. The value of this rug will increase astronomically if you damage it.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Ken what do mean by damage-the way the edges are worn where i flipped it up or other things too?

also see how its light dark light dark everywhere (notice it on the whites especially) could that be from being rolled up for a long time or some sun damage or a combination or is that just part of the "charm".

i presprayed with a neutral shampoo and extracted with a little bit of acid rinse using the drimaster upholstery tool opened up all the way so it cranked out the water and made no difference on the light dark variance. I wasnt aout to try anything heavier chemical wise

Now before Lora or somebody jumps all over me I explained about washing and that I dont do that and they just wanted it cleaned the best I could at there house since they wanted to have some other things cleaned as well

Oh they bought it at an estate sale

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Joel the proper way to clean it is to give it a bath. Immerse in a pit or simular. We all know the proper cleaning procedure but what you did is a surface cleaning. shiteatinggrin

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
It is worn down to the foundation in many areas by what it looks like in the picture. Not damage per se, just a long life of use. This can all be restored if they want to spend the money.

Mikey P

Administrator
If that were my rug I'd make it dress up like Little Bo Peep in a Shawn York costume and god only knows what would happen next.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Mikey P said:
If that were my rug I'd make it dress up like Little Bo Peep in a Shawn York costume and god only knows what would happen next.

with your high levels of estrogen from tee tree oil and tofu we know something sexual is out of the question.

Name
George Valliant
Mikey P said:
damn!

Who knew George was a Rug F*g as well?

Been brushing up on the rug lingo lately because I wannabee like Mikey and open a rug cleaning studio too.

You da man.

Mikey P

Administrator
I use to roll my rugs to take back to the shop.

Now I'm picking up so many (cause I don't have to break my back and my libido cleaning them any more) that I now have to fold them all to get them in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom