Biz Card #1 or #2

Votes: 5 62.5%

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Derek, as a guy that targets commercial work I'd suggest your logo as big as possible on the left side of the card. Your tag line at the top or top right and your name and contact information below that. If you use the back a web address and a simple bullet-point list of services would do. Your business card is a shortcut to doing business with your company and shouldn't attempt to replace a brochure.

I don't get the shape of that card.
Brent folds them into origami swans.

One suggestion for your classy looking cards Brent: Keep the "carpet cleaning" text under the Go Green.

Quite often the most sophisticated, award-winning marketing pieces can have almost zero effectiveness because the message is lost in the clutter, or in many cases the obscurity. I want to know what you do, presented clearly. I have a couple cards on my desk right now that require a trip to a website to find out what the companies do, so they've given me a project, not a shortcut. I consider this a cheap marketing trick so I throw those cards away.

Name
I'm Rick James
Yeah that last business card loaded up pretty funky, but Richard got it as usual :) I do agree the new cards are going to work out perfectly and geared towards my target market.

Thanks for the input Bryan.. I should get the final draft this week for it and what you mentioned has been added, I just don't have a copy yet. I have a call center answer my phones and they have a new lady there, so on Saturday she referred a 3 story whole house cleaning to DA Burns.. Yikes.. Hope its your birthday soon, cause that was a nice job. I also stopped doing porty work again.. so just sending them all your way and any work we can't get too. You guys keep up the good work..

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The cards do look great and should work for your intended audience. Still need to incorporate the origami swans.

I have a call center answer my phones and they have a new lady there, so on Saturday she referred a 3 story whole house cleaning to DA Burns..
We've already paid... ...thanked her for the referral.

I know what you mean about porty work. Since we're getting more tiny scraps of carpet in high-rise downtown condos and the parking rates keeping going up we've decided to charge the same way we charge for yachts and airplanes - .78 psf and a $175 minimum. Should we call our... your call center and let them know? :icon_cool:

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Ok...another women's perspective. I like #1 better, but to be honest, neither one get's me wet. (Yes I just said that!).

When appealing to residential...the family pic will make all the difference. Can't tell you how much positive feedback we received when we made the switch to the family shot from "John posing with the truck", but it seems you are going after commercial. So this may not be the right marketing message....

Your phone number should be much more prominent.

Layout should appeal more to business class. The examples posted were great. Seriously consider investing the $150-$200 in having a graphic designer professional do your card. If you don't have one, I'm happy to recommend one who can work with you via email and send you files back and forth. You are a professional, trying to attract other professionals (and I would think you want the high end professional buildings....lawyers, medical facilities, high end apartment complexes, banks, financial investment firms and the like right???) The card you have just doesn't convey that.

Great angle for residential, but seriously consider scrapping it and starting over. (sorry...but you wanted honest feedback).

Name
I'm Rick James
The cards do look great and should work for your intended audience. Still need to incorporate the origami swans.

We've already paid... ...thanked her for the referral.

I know what you mean about porty work. Since we're getting more tiny scraps of carpet in high-rise downtown condos and the parking rates keeping going up we've decided to charge the same way we charge for yachts and airplanes - .78 psf and a $175 minimum. Should we call our... your call center and let them know? :icon_cool:

Its funny you mentioned that my daughter just made 100 origami swans.. the art of paper folding seems to be all the rage lately.

Yeah its just not worth the hassle sometimes doing tiny condos.. i've been encapping them and it still sucks. The good thing about that saturday job is they gave me a $500 credit for the mix up.. so it seems like a win win for us both.. pleasure doing business with you. :)

Name
I'm Rick James
Ok...another women's perspective. I like #1 better, but to be honest, neither one get's me wet. (Yes I just said that!).

When appealing to residential...the family pic will make all the difference. Can't tell you how much positive feedback we received when we made the switch to the family shot from "John posing with the truck", but it seems you are going after commercial. So this may not be the right marketing message....

Your phone number should be much more prominent.

Layout should appeal more to business class. The examples posted were great. Seriously consider investing the $150-$200 in having a graphic designer professional do your card. If you don't have one, I'm happy to recommend one who can work with you via email and send you files back and forth. You are a professional, trying to attract other professionals (and I would think you want the high end professional buildings....lawyers, medical facilities, high end apartment complexes, banks, financial investment firms and the like right???) The card you have just doesn't convey that.

Great angle for residential, but seriously consider scrapping it and starting over. (sorry...but you wanted honest feedback).

You got my attention with your first line.. :) Very true with what you say, I think one of the biggest problems with O/O is they make their own marketing material.. which usually isn't very good. We gotta stick to what we are good at and sub out the things we aren't.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I don't doubt Meg's experience with the family picture being more effective.

Personally, I find it cheesy. Just like the cute toddler on the carpet and the kitschy puppy. It has been way overdone. Which may mean that you should do it, as I am hardly a good representation of middle America.

Last edited:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Really dont like either of them for commercial. Can backfire on you actually.

I would go with a more corporate/franchise type of feel for commercial.

Reactions: Derek

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom