Please say a prayer for my family!

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
My dad passed away from lung cancer yesterday morning. He was a great guy and a great father. Over the years he has helped me a lot with my business and I'm forever grateful. He lived a full life and enjoyed every minute of it. I'm sad beyond words. Please keep us in your thoughts. The few of you that got to meet him (Jimbo, Taf, etc,) know how great of a guy he was.

A very sad week in the Johnson house.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
You guys are really lucky. I lost both parents in my early 20's. There's not a day goes by that I don't think about them. Celebrate their life and the way they lived, not their death.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Praying for you and your family.

Lost my dad and my grandfather 25 years ago. Although I miss them a lot, they still feel close-by through memories and the knowledge that I'll see them again.

ps. Was listening to Clapton this morning when I noticed the lyrics to "My Father's Eyes": "He's always with me."

Last edited:

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Sorry for your loss Curt. I went thru the same thing with my mom just under a year ago. Every single day she is in my thoughts.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Sorry to hear about your Dad.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I was with my Dad in the end. While I completely understand your grief, I miss my Father terribly, I was frankly glad to see him go.

His suffering was over. I know where he is.

And, I know with the certainty that comes with faith that we will see each other again.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Prayed for your family. Condolences to you and your family.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Curt...I am so very sorry for the loss of your Father...he was a very special guy...a true entepreneur through and through...He told me a story how he bought a well-drilling rig in the late 70's or very early 80's...spent over $600k on it...and it ws still out making money at a $100 a foot drilling wells! No fear at all to spend money on the best tools around! I'm glad you and the boys were close to him, Curt...I'm sure that meant the world to him.

So now the torch gets passed to you Curt...I know the bar is awfully high...with a fine Pop like yours...but a good guy like you will take every lesson you learned from your Dad...and put it to good use...

With you in tears...Jimbo

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Hate hate hate cancer :( took my dad 2o years ago was with him as he took his last breaths :( I know what your feeling. It ain't fair but we weren't promised fair, just a shot. I guess that's why money just isn't that important, time means more to me. Get to Vegas and will toast all our parents. I'll toss back a coke though :) prayers coming your way..

Reactions: hogjowl

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Sorry Curt - John is right, Cancer sucks and it doesn't discriminate. In the last 10 years it's taken my grandfather, his 2 brothers and 4/5 sisters and was with all of them at the end. I had my own bout with Stage 1 Melanoma 14-15 years ago. Praying for your family and for a permanent cure to this horrible disease.

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom