Please tell Me You Guys Are Slow.....

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
....and everybody is waiting for warmer weather. Wtf. My gawd I hate this industry.

Golden Boy

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Residential is really slow, snowing again today for God's sake.

Did set up a sweet multi-location commercial racket though, unfortunately that doesn't start until mid april.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The last 2 weeks have been unusually slow. 4 jobs canceled last week and 2 this week on already slow weeks. Most say they don't have any money and I had 3 where I cleaned and had to hold the check. Seems all I'm getting is one or two rooms jobs and almost all with sever pet damage. ( They just couldn't hold their breath any longer.) It sucks that we were busier when it was below freezing. Seems that this is typical for March.:errf:

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I agree sand needs to go my neighbor up the street swept his street in front of his house. He got tired of it. A FULL wheel barrow and three 5 gallon buckets full.

Waldo

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
To be honest....I really don't know what is going on...Holiday rush last year hit and we have not backed off yet....we have people booking into April.....

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Thats my problem they are all booking for April and May. There is going to be alot of Non-Pre vacuuming going on when it all hits.

Golden Boy

Bjorn

skiing has been too good to worry about carpet cleaning right now

[video=youtube;vBLxzv17zc8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBLxzv17zc8[/video]

[video=youtube;c8VzBbyqFsQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8VzBbyqFsQ[/video]

Since last October, I have been very slow. With cold weather here, you get $500-1,000 heating bills. Gas has been high too. After you get even with big oil, you have nothing to spend.
We probably have more Jews in a 50 mile radius of here than the entire country, with maybe the exception of LA, but I guaranty we have many more Orthodox and Hassidics than the whole country put together. Passover is here and nothing. Nada. Zip. Last year a few. These people ALWAYS had to get their carpets cleaned before Passover. Its like a law. The week before Passover in 2011, I probably did $5,000 all cash, for me, that is insane. I suspect one of their own is doing it now, because they will not buy from the outsiders unless they absolutely have to.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
2013 was a great year. Up 40% over 2012.

January was the best January ever.

February it was like I forgot to pay my phone bill. I did 13 jobs total! Horrible!!:errf: I was a bit panicky.

March is back up to being busy.

This is a weird business.:hopeless:

F

FB7777

Passover begins April 14 , over 3 weeks away

Week before is typically when we get the rush

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Dang weather has definitely been tough on our schedule this year since February,

Home show this weekend that usually get's things rolling, but again, still snow on the ground and slop, so people are waiting.

It is going to hit hard when it hits again this year!

Mark

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Very slow this year for us too. Iowa was colder than Alaska this Winter. 2 jobs tomorrow. Went to KC yesterday to prep the Cleanco to MAKE HAY!

The Clean Machine

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm not slammed with work, but it's not completely dead. I picked up another school this week, and another property mgr. so, I know that May through July will be great.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Slow here, but it is starting to fill in.. Most of the stuff I have billed this year so far has been commercial.

Mike Draper

I had surgery on my foot in January. I just started back to work last week. So you could say it's been a painfully slow winter for me. You can thank me later for the awesome pic.
rydesu3e.jpg

Reactions: Jeff Madsen

Able 1

Name
Keith
Mike... WTF happened? Looks like it couldn't have been a planed event.. I can't even remember how many I've had.. Looking at stitches makes me sick!

"Pray for recovery":winky:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Was 46 degrees ABOVE yesterday.

Was very hopeful that we were on a roll of melting this junk on the ground.

Woke up to snow coming down again! :cry:

I have had enough of this winter!!!!!

Hope it doesn't mess up our home show attendance this weekend!

Reactions: steve_64

Mike Draper

Yes, surgery was elective. Was from a prior injury 14 years ago. Planned it for the slowest time of year. It sucked!!!

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Nope, not really.

Of course Im a little different too : )

Weather here is turning fast toward Spring. Grass is showing some color and we can even see the buds starting on the trees.

So far this year we are 4x's busier than this time last year.

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

steve_64

snowed here today too mark.

i keep hearing they are waiting for it to dry out now. dont want to track all the mud in after its been cleaned.

i also blame the tax man. seems things always get way better after tax season.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I had surgery on my foot in January. I just started back to work last week. So you could say it's been a painfully slow winter for me. You can thank me later for the awesome pic.
rydesu3e.jpg
OH man that's nasty! Hope you're healing well.

The doctor saw a black dot that looked like a marker had touched my heal and she recommended the mole be removed. They took it off a week ago and I've been limping around for a week. But DAMN! That looks painful!!!! :frown:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It picked up here once the warm weather hit. With the time change it feels like Spring and the phone is ringing again. Hard not to wake up with a smile seeing the sunshine and warmer weather. :biggrin:

Made through winter and didn't need the razor blades after all! :winky:

Today is crazy, have a few guys off because of Spring break. A couple of water calls, an emergency pressure wash job on an upper deck of a facility. Nutty day! I could use 10-extra guys today and all next week....but then after that probably not. :errf:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom