Please tell Me You Guys Are Slow.....

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Slow here. It’s Spring Break… We don’t have the up and downs like the folks up north.

Like everyone else, carpet is being replaced with cheap laminate and tile. Tile customers don’t clean near as often as my carpet customers. Really makes a difference when you only have 10,000 in population.

Thanks goodness we do WDR.

C&S

Name
Scott
Was slow, now it's getting ridiculous my busy. Sent out letters to customers about our new products and services and about how we reinvested 10,000$$ in our business last year, all for them.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
George Valliant
From December to January we lost nearly 10k jobs. Here's a recent article:

Albuquerque's economy nosedives
The Albuquerque metropolitan area lost 4,100 jobs in the 12 months that ended Jan. 31, for a negative 1.1 percent growth rate, according to preliminary jobs numbers released Tuesday by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

On a month-to-month basis, the situation was even worse. From December to January, the area lost 9,200 jobs, for a negative 2.5 percent growth rate, according to the BLS.
On a yearly basis, seven of the area’s industry sectors lost jobs, and three gained.

Percentage wise, the manufacturing sector suffered the biggest decline over the year, losing 900 jobs for a negative 5.2 percent growth rate. The sector now has 16,500 jobs. The sector’s employment level peaked at 28,900 jobs in August 1997 and it has been losing jobs since.
The information sector lost 400 jobs over the year for a 5.1 percent decline. The sector has suffered six consecutive months of year-over-year job declines.
Other sectors that lost jobs were mining and construction, .5 percent; professional and business services, 2.5 percent; leisure and hospitality, 3.5 percent; other services, 1.7 percent; and government, .7 percent.

Sectors that grew were trade, transportation and utilities, .3 percent; financial activities, 1.7 percent; and education and health services, .5 percent.
The Farmington area lost 700 jobs over the year for a minus 1.4 percent growth rate.

According to the BLS, the Albuquerque area had 361,800 nonfarm wage and salary jobs at January’s end. That was down from 371,000 at the end of December and down from 365,900 in January 2013.
On Monday, the BLS reported that New Mexico lost 2,700 jobs for the year that ended Jan. 31, for a negative .34 percent job growth rate. Those numbers were seasonally adjusted.

http://www.bizjournals.com/albuquerque/news/2014/03/18/albuquerque-area-s-economy-nosedives.html

Reactions: GCCLee
Name
BradFenstermaker
Waldo me thought I was busy Jan-Feb. looked at numbers and am down 2g's.

Residential is picking up if sun shine more than a day.

Draper did you stitch that foot up on the truck??

Looks loose and almost infected. Hope it heels up good and strong for you.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Jan/Feb great, this month only so so, barely holding it's own with last year. More last minute schedule changes and cancellations than I can ever remember.

Prepping for our first 2 EDDM mailers, goal is to have 2nd truck out at least a couple days a week

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
On a board that is national you are going to get many different responses to busyness because of the weather.

Here in Cali we forgot to have a winter so the weather is wonderful. So far this year both months completed are up 15%

Reactions: Russ T.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Temps are dropping again tonight. Supposed to Rain all day tomorrow n tuesday then snow again tues night.

March is when the biguns always come around here : )

Becker

Name
Becker
End of march 1st part if April can be so so up here. Spring breaks. Tax season.

Very happy with the Q1. Things always break loose from mid April/may till dec.

Took a 4 day weekend myself. Working in the sun feels good, different kinda work. Makes be glad I have such and easy job. and the fort is being managed just fine.

vajy9ybe.jpg

vu8ave6e.jpg

8u6eme2u.jpg

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Was staying medium/ slow since Christmas...then everything went nuts lately 8500 sq ft of limestone, travertine, Saltillo and slate cleaning /restoration for the week and 4 estimate/bids for following weeks ahead..hope everybody picks up

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
End of march 1st part if April can be so so up here. Spring breaks. Tax season.

Very happy with the Q1. Things always break loose from mid April/may till dec.

Took a 4 day weekend myself. Working in the sun feels good, different kinda work. Makes be glad I have such and easy job. and the fort is being managed just fine.

vajy9ybe.jpg

vu8ave6e.jpg

8u6eme2u.jpg
Better get that extension on the downspout or your "new egress window" will be a porthole to the "new pool"!
:winky:

Becker

Name
Becker
Putting in the retaining well today. As for the down spout. It does not rain enough here to be a concern. ( not Seattle ) the well will have plenty of gravel. Window I put in on the front of the house 2 years ago has been bone dry.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Good deal. In Kansas that would be a flood waiting to happen. We would run the gutter drain 25 foot from the house to make sure it drains off. We get some serious storms here.

Did you put the window in to be able to count additional bedrooms when you sell or for safety?

Nice work, maybe you should be a contractor Becker, your projects always look great.

Becker

Name
Becker
I will redirect the down spout to the side yard just incase. The soil here is very thirsty. Rocky soil.

Yes the area will become a legal bedroom.

I've got the whole basement gutted down to cent walks and center load bearing wall.

Ill be building it out nice with. Huge master suite. Den ect. Gas fireplace.

Cutting cement is a messy job.

The property is now served by sewer so I cut up the basement floor to pass waste line across the house to pick up the future bathroom.

Pretty sure all the concrete and jack hammering work is over.

Ahhh.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
If I am required to sit or stand still for longer than 15min....................

LOOK OUT!

BTW: Concrete tastes fine, it's those dang buggers : )

Becker

Name
Becker
Wet saw besides doing the scoring. Yeah. Worth it. This window I had dug while the back hoe was here doing the sewer connect. Other one I hand dug.

Both windows with tool rentals and supplies I'm in 1500.00.

Value increase substantial.

Peace of mind incase of a fire. Priceless.

Bjorn

all this talk about work I'm going to get some good spring skiing tomorrow

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Busy Jan and Feb, March started slow picked up, this week was looking slow got 2 same day calls today 5 stops $550.00. Now my week is booked in one day! Starting a 2nd route for my other guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom