Please welcome Butler Truckmounts, our newest MB advertiser!

Mikey P

Administrator
Nice to finally have the complete list of Big Boys here now..

87f9bdb923ca2b4cb8d1215f5175b283.gif

I know we have a fair share of loyal Butler owners already on board, hopefully we'll get them a few more.

Look for the Big B @ M10F!

Thanks Ken!

Mikey P

Administrator
That unit in the short Isuzu box would be ideal for a one wand guy into stone/tile or carries too much stuff like me.

Diesel engine on that?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
That unit in the short Isuzu box would be ideal for a one wand guy into stone/tile or carries too much stuff like me.

Diesel engine on that?

I asked them this year about diesel powered units. Has been done but they don't get many requests for it so my understanding not much R&D done towards it.

I know for myself a diesel would be difficult in my weather. Heck, my fuel oil gelled up in my fuel oil tank for the shop this week...first time ever though.

Mark Saiger

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
I took delivery of a new Butler rig built according to my specifications over Thanksgiving Weekend. It was Matt that handled matters for me. In fact I spoke to him today to thank him and let him know it's working fine. Yes - I do still go out on the truck and clean carpets! I worked on a job by myself this morning. It was invigorating! It was brutally cold here in Ann Arbor today.

Here is what it looked like before I loaded it with hoses and chemistry:

IMAG1309_zps91fbd968.jpg

IMAG1308_zpsf72a9a53.jpg

IMAG1307_zpsdc622546.jpg

IMAG1306_zpsf71c0a54.jpg

IMAG1305_zps1a99dea1.jpg

IMAG1304_zps3d47e08c.jpg

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I took delivery of a new Butler rig built according to my specifications over Thanksgiving Weekend. It was Matt that handled matters for me. In fact I spoke to him today to thank him and let him know it's working fine. Yes - I do still go out on the truck and clean carpets! I worked solo on the only job I did on-location. It was invigorating! It was brutally cold here in Ann Arbor today.

Matt Allen is really a great guy and knows his way around the Butler units too.

Mark Saiger

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I took delivery of a new Butler rig built according to my specifications over Thanksgiving Weekend. It was Matt that handled matters for me. In fact I spoke to him today to thank him and let him know it's working fine. Yes - I do still go out on the truck and clean carpets! I worked on a job by myself this morning. It was invigorating! It was brutally cold here in Ann Arbor today.

Here is what it looked like before I loaded it with hoses and chemistry:

IMAG1309_zps91fbd968.jpg

IMAG1308_zpsf72a9a53.jpg

IMAG1307_zpsdc622546.jpg

IMAG1306_zpsf71c0a54.jpg

IMAG1305_zps1a99dea1.jpg

IMAG1304_zps3d47e08c.jpg

Wow....That layout is pretty bad. And that's before its loaded with hoses and tools....

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Wow....That layout is pretty bad. And that's before its loaded with hoses and tools....
That may well be the worst I've ever seen. It doesn't look like there's room for a RE or a 175 or even a tile spinner. I wouldn't be able to clean residential jobs with that setup unless I took out the passenger seat. Has anyone at Butler ever cleaned carpets for a living?

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
That may well be the worst I've ever seen. It doesn't look like there's room for a RE or a 175 or even a tile spinner. I wouldn't be able to clean residential jobs with that setup unless I took out the passenger seat. Has anyone at Butler ever cleaned carpets for a living?

We are a one truck operation that cleans only carpet and furniture on-location. The tray down the middle is to pick-up rugs for transport 'to and fro' from client to our shop where we do in-plant washing. We can carry 10-15 rugs of various sizes. We carry always 200' of vacuum hose under the tray coiled up in sections. (50' 2 1/2" hose, the rest 2") It's compact for sure. We have been doing it for years. We like the reliability of the Butler.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Wow I thought their original layout was bad as far as wasted space but that layout is worse. I don't thing you could even fit a vacuum in there

Last edited:

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Tom,

I think that it's great that Butler was able to work with you and customize a layout that works for you. I really like the fact that they can create a layout that is customized for the specific user.

We are long time Butler users and this past year went with the extended van version. With the equipment we are carrying nowadays, the extra space comes in handy!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Tom,

I think that it's great that Butler was able to work with you and customize a layout that works for you. I really like the fact that they can create a layout that is customized for the specific user.

We are long time Butler users and this past year went with the extended van version. With the equipment we are carrying nowadays, the extra space comes in handy!

It's expected that the most "butler guys" will stick together in support..

But Brian, come on- if that layout is something to be congratulated on, then you need to take a look at what CAN be done... Jim Bethel from Australia has a pretty strong record of customizing space.

In my opinion, a none slide in set up should give more room than less. Look at what John Olson is installing for Gargan right now with the pro1200. That will have a lot more room for sure.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I love out Butlers but that is a little too tight for me but then we don't need that rug rack.

Even tight it is a nice unit, plus it's what Tom wanted. I like the Butler in a box best, so much room for everything you could need.

Mikey P

Administrator
It's expected that the most "butler guys" will stick together in support..

But Brian, come on- if that layout is something to be congratulated on, then you need to take a look at what CAN be done... Jim Bethels from Australia has a pretty strong record of costumizing space.

In my opinion, a none slide in set up should give more room than less. Look at what John Olson is installing for Gargan right now with the pro1200. That will have a lot more room for sure.

Zee why are you ragging on Butler when it's Tom who ordered it that way?

When I had my Butler I only had one two tier shelf and the waste tank. Had more floor room in it than my Lima Bean did.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Zee why are you ragging on Butler when it's Tom who ordered it that way?

When I had my Butler I only had one two tier shelf and the waste tank. Had more floor room in it than my Lima Bean did.

I know he wanted it that way....I'm just surprised that they make it so tight even without the rug rack he wanted in there.

I'm sure those butlers are great to use though..

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Welcome Butler. Good move.

Here's some free advise:

• People here expressed their concern about your floor plan as not being very space efficient. All it would have taken by you was being less reclusive and saying: We can do a great space efficient set up. Now, would that have been too hard?
  • Dealers here in the west, say it takes a long time to get parts for your machines and being that you do all installations and sales, they do not stock them. So, if there's something wrong the van and set up, it will be out of commission for a longer time. If you corrected that, it will help your sales out west.
  • Come and mingle here a little. Show that you are responsive to our needs. No need to get into the occasional bickering here. Stay a class act just politely respond.

Correct those issues and you may make a lot more sales here and give SS a little run for their money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Art Kelley
Name
Steve Lawrence
Hi Ofer,
I believe Butler has a policy that none of their people engage with others on Bulletin Boards. Probably because it minimizes the potential for hassles with goofs like the people that frequent this place and others.

Butler has a zillion different configurations for their vans and customers can chose what best suits them.

Tom M., for example, has a very unique business and he outfits his vans to perfectly fit his needs which includes hauling lots of rugs.

As far as parts not getting to the west coast quickly, yeah, it's a big country. I've been very satisfied with the speed and accuracy of parts delivery here to me in Michigan. But, if I were on the west coast I would still be a Butler guy and I would just anticipate my needs better. Fortunately, it's not very often that I need emergency parts because the doggone machines are just built so well. On the rare occasion I do need emergency parts and the 2 day normal wait is just too long, I have them "overnight" it.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Have to thank Ken Snow for leading me to Butler on the old ics bored.

We have bought 3 directly from Butler and it really is the perfect system for us.We use it stock and never make any modifications and its unlikely ever will.
300 ft hose runs nightly, no problem with dry times and have gone as far as 450'.

Very easy to train, PUSH THE ON BUTTON!

Really don't care about the other stuff.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Well, I did have a special concern about there being no hose reel in that unit, but hey, we all hear one or two goof balls a year that come in here and talk about hand coiling hoses. I heard one from Kentucky just the other day.

One good thing about Butler being here is that now Mikey can't say anything bad about them anymore.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom