Please welcome Butler Truckmounts, our newest MB advertiser!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
We are a one truck operation that cleans only carpet and furniture on-location. The tray down the middle is to pick-up rugs .... We have been doing it for years. We like the reliability of the Butler.

OK, I'll bite. How do you clean carpets if all you have to work with is a wand? I know I couldn't do it, unless they aren't too dirty. Do you just tell people that this is a $60000 cleaning plant and this is as good as it will look?

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
OK, I'll bite. How do you clean carpets if all you have to work with is a wand? I know I couldn't do it, unless they aren't too dirty. Do you just tell people that this is a $60000 cleaning plant and this is as good as it will look?

Art: No offense, but I do not desire to answer your questions on this thread.

I never did say, welcome Butler! Mechanically, I have everything go wrong at one time or another with the machine, and consequently been very frustrated at times. However, Butler's service department handled all matters appropriately. I like the simplicity of the design and its operation. As you may know, I co-own a fabrication shop and build rug washing equipment. I thought about making a truck-mount once. Decidedly, I would rather buy a Butler instead.

Butlers have worked well for me for many years. I had extended vans with Butlers in them in years past too. This was during the time I did a lot of water damage restoration and needed the ability to carry more things on board. In the past I always had vacuum hose reels too. The lowered tray meant the Butler reel would not fit as designed any longer. I opted to coil vacuum hoses and store them under the tray. This design we have used for years now and I don't miss the reel at all. Here is how we looked today cleaning:

20131211_090335_zpsee0c96c9.jpg

20131211_090402_zps654eae97.jpg

20131211_094148_zpsecf47272.jpg

20131211_155050_zpsdb0d748d.jpg

20131211_155134_zps0bf1ef75.jpg

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Hi Steven, nice to hear from you. In response to your friendly post:

Hi Ofer,
I believe Butler has a policy that none of their people engage with others on Bulletin Boards. Probably because it minimizes the potential for hassles with goofs like the people that frequent this place and others.

Sorry, but that no longer passes the muster. We live in an internet age and the companies that do not adjust will go the way of the Dodo bird. I own my business and when needed I can change the policy to accommodate the circumstances. Rigidity is the mother of some failures. I did not, and if you read my post carefully, you can see that I addressed it, suggest that they engage in anything disrespectful. Quite the contrary, you'll find out that the manufacturers and suppliers here that do respond in a professional manner to our questions and needs are well liked and respected here.

Does it translate into more sales? I don't know. However when a company does not respond, at best they come across as aloof, or just as one that really does not care. Again, they do not have to engage in anything unbecoming, just be responsive. It is called good bushiness practices.

P.S. Steven, what is your response policy with people that express an interest in your services?
Do you engage with potential clients and other goofs, or do you have a policy against it? I suspect you do engage. Good for you.
So, why on earth should Butler be any different? It is silly.

Butler has a zillion different configurations for their vans and customers can chose what best suits them.

That's nice to know. Any chance the company could be bothered to respond, or do you moonlight as a part time P.R. for them? Again, it is silly. They have so many happy clients here, why not engage. It's the Twentieth Century Butler! Ooops, sorry, it's the 21st. Well, we'd be delighted if they make it to the 20th.

As far as parts not getting to the west coast quickly, yeah, it's a big country....... But, if I were on the west coast I would still be a Butler guy and I would just anticipate my needs better.

Dang Steven, I've been doing business for over 23 years and beside good maintenance, which hopefully we all practice, I still haven't learned to anticipate when a part in my machine is going to call it quits. I'll try to mend my ways.

Fortunately, it's not very often that I need emergency parts because the doggone machines are just built so well. On the rare occasion I do need emergency parts and the 2 day normal wait is just too long, I have them "overnight" it.

That is a good argument, yet at least with me as a potential buyer, it does put them in competitive disadvantage. If they really are much better than say SS's Pro 1200 or HydraMaster's CDS, (never owned a Butler, so I can't say) that might be something to consider. For the O/O, I can personally attest, it is definitely a disadvantage.

Do they pick up the tab for the overnight fee?

Last edited:
Reactions: Zee

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I have no local dealer of ANY direct drive unit, so shipping parts is not anything I could avoid. If I had a dealer in town, that would be a plus. As it is, Butler is at no disadvantage on this issue.

Yep. I stand corrected. I pretty much meant to exclude our little friend here from Alabummer- Rocky Raccoon.

"Now somewhere in the black hills of Alabama
There lived a young boy named Rocky Raccoon
And one day his woman ran off with another guy
Hit young Rocky in the eye Rocky didn't like that
He said I'm gonna get that boy
So one day he walked into town
Booked himself a room in the local saloon.

Rocky Raccoon checked into his room
Only to find Gideon's bible
Rocky had come equipped with a gun
To shoot off the legs of his rival
His rival it seems had broken his dreams
By stealing the girl of his fancy.

Her name was Magil and she called herself Lil
But everyone knew her as Nancy."

You know the rest.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I really have to wonder what a diesel/Isuzu/Butler would cost.

wseries.jpg

I have no idea, but it would still only be a 47 blower.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Interesting how one company (PMF) responds immediately and positively another (Butler) well...

Hello...............

Butler.....?

Anybody......?

Just wanted to......

It's just me...

Last edited by a moderator:

FredC

Village Idiot
PMF may not have read the welcome email we send out to new advertisers advising them to ignore the self appointed new advertiser critic.................

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Fred. Don't make me...

Look how PMf responded and look how Butler Not responded. Do you really need to cuddle them?

This mild friendly advise is what you're crying about?

Welcome Butler. Good move.

Here's some free advise:

• People here expressed their concern about your floor plan as not being very space efficient. All it would have taken by you was being less reclusive and saying: We can do a great space efficient set up. Now, would that have been too hard?
  • Dealers here in the west, say it takes a long time to get parts for your machines and being that you do all installations and sales, they do not stock them. So, if there's something wrong the van and set up, it will be out of commission for a longer time. If you corrected that, it will help your sales out west.
  • Come and mingle here a little. Show that you are responsive to our needs. No need to get into the occasional bickering here. Stay a class act just politely respond.

Correct those issues and you may make a lot more sales here and give SS a little run for their money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
Lee Stockwell
Butler doesn't have to come here and apologize for anything, good grief!

Definately one of the most well-thought-out machines in our industry with thousands of happy customers for over 35 years.

The only gripe with mine is that the van it was in finally wore out after over 15 years making money. Few, or let's be honest, NONE of the other machines has this kind of track record.

I'm glad they're here, and I was happy to see their unit at Mikeyfest in Nashville. My son plans to get a new one next spring.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Lee my friend.
Butler came here for a reason (we can speculate why but let us leave this aside.)
Nobody asked them to apologize. If you know anything about PR (and you do) and running a company, you know very well that we gave them a chance to respond to issues that were raised here many times.

They can be smart, address the issues honestly and directly, and if they do, they will come out smelling like roses.
Or they can hide behind yours and Fred's ample apron.

Which is it Butler?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Several current and former owners of Butler machines have spoken in this thread, does that count for anything Ofer?

For good reason several manufacturers choose to stay out of direct fire on the boards. We all know of a few others that SHOULD have had that policy.

In the meantime I'm grateful for the support of all that support this board. In time I too hope Butler will participate more directly. It will improve their product and the industry. Even their competitors benefit from their participation.

Ofer I do understand your point, but you have to understand their's too.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I do Lee.

Most of the people on this board are honest, respectful and happy to help. And you're right, the smart manufacturers even benefit from it.
Yes, there are a few bad apples here and most learned to ignore them.

The smart companies respond directly to the issue at hand, politely and honestly and gain our respect. See PMF thread: http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showthread.php?270554-Please-welcome-PMF-the-very-latest-MB-advertiser!

We know when somebody is just being harassed and when questions are legitimate. These questions give them a chance to address issues that we are all aware of and talk about.

Seriously Lee. what would you rather, address and respond to legitimate issues regarding your business or hope it will go away? How they deal with it is a very good (golden if you wish) chance for a good company to shine.

Unless it is the famous Southern hospitality etiquette that you and Fred are upset about. Sorry Butler, if you respond I'll see that you get a mint julep. My treat.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ofer you pick your package from the list of options so you can clutter it full if it works to your benefit. We do as you and take advantage of the open space.

As far as repairs and parts, they do a great job of troubleshooting over the phone. You tell them the symptoms and they diagnose the problem. Parts are overnighted when priority or sent at your choice of delivery 2-3 days or ground.

Never had a problem getting parts but there again we're out here in the middle of the country, not falling off the edge.
:p

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Bad choice of words on my part regarding floor plan, Richard. What I meant was that the machine seem to be very wide, which (unless they change it) takes (in my opinion) too much valuable floor space.

However, you answering for them is kinda missing the point buddy. Thanks though.

P.S. I love falling off the edge here, it keeps me on my toes while breathing our incredibly fresh sun filled ocean air :winky:. Did I mention that my kids don't know what an ice scraper is?

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Test test...

Can't open the second page of this thread.... Ofer, did you attach something again? (like you did in the vacuum thread on pave 11)

FredC

Village Idiot
Ofer,

If you bother clicking on the Butler banner you will find that Butler has the most informative website of any truckmount manufacturer out there. Almost any question you can think of is answered by their in depth documentation of the Butler System. Those that aren't could easily be asked by using the contact forum or calling the number prominently displayed on the site.

MikeysBoard is NOT a customer support portal for the companies that advertise here. Yes there are companies that choose to participate but to be honest when the questions are subjective I'd MUCH rather have the BDCCs of this board "answering for them" than the "corporate answer".

Hell I'll even agree that if your plan is to carry every piece of equipment you could possibly ever need then maybe the layout isn't for you...the question really answers itself..just like the potential delay in receiving parts when you don't live next door to Butler..btw how did all that room in the sprinter work out for ya?

Lastly I'm not certain Butler is aware the campaign is active yet or that this thread exists. Mike posted this thread almost immediately after I notified him the banners were added which is actually in advance of their scheduled start date afaik.

Even if they are aware I'm not sure they are currently set up to answer questions posted across the various internet carpet cleaning sites.

In contrast I had direct contact with PMF...........

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
Test test...

Can't open the second page of this thread.... Ofer, did you attach something again? (like you did in the vacuum thread on pave 11)

Yes...images with extraneous code removed. Should work now.

Reactions: Zee
F

FB7777

While I appreciate the advertisers that do participate here, I completely see why some would choose not to.

Tom posted picks of his new $60k rig and out of the gate are critics on the layout

Butler built it to spec and the customer is thrilled.

Now they can waste time explaining to you why they didn't build Toms truck to YOUR specifications , or they can continue building the best Direct Drive on the market IMO

Their link works as does their toll free number, got a serious question? call

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Test test...

Dang. Sorry Zee, I did. But I swear it's not personal.
Fred, how do I avoid that? I just went on Google copied the image and pasted. What's the right way to do it?

Ofer,
..btw how did all that room in the sprinter work out for ya?
SOLD! The buyers asked a lot of questions and unlike Butler, I answered them all. A classic win win. As a result: The people who bought it got a great set up that will practically last a life time and I got a decent price.

The space was awesome, ask Richard, he and his entourage would do a fly over every weekend for ballroom dancing inside the Sprinter.

Sold due to being too long to park in San Francisco. On the other hand my CDS in a regular size van, with me carrying practically everything under the sun (and their aunt) parks practically everywhere. It supports my uncontrollable OCD for carrying more chemicals and equipment than I should. The power of smart space saving machine like the CDS, is amazing. Ask me more about it.

See, Fred C. People like me (and many others here I suspect) would much rather (happily shall I say) support a friendly, family owned manufacturer (say like Butler) than the Karcher, RPM juggernaut. Can't help it, we are just small business friendly that way. That is if they can actually be bothered to respond.

While I appreciate the advertisers that do participate here, I completely see why some would choose not to.

Fred B.
In the great Boston tradition: STFU :winky:

P.S. Welcome Butler.
Mint julep?

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
SOLD! The buyers asked a lot of questions and unlike Butler, I answered them all. A classic win win. The space was awesome, ask Richard, he and his entourage would do a fly over every weekend for ballroom dancing inside the Sprinter.

Sold due to being too long to park in San Francisco. On the other hand my CDS
link1.gif
in a regular size van, with me carrying pratically everything under the sun (and their aunt) parks practically everywhere and supports my OCD for carrying more chemicals and equipment than I should.
The people who bought it got a great set up that will practically last a life time and I got a decent price.
Man you're wordy today. Just say you sold the ugly anteater! :p

Congrats! That Pro 1200 looks like it will make a nice unit for you! :icon_cool:

Oh spacious too! :winky:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I wouldn't if I were a manufacturer. I'd spy on your asses and make changes to improve my product but fook having a relationship with you cleaners! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom