Plugs and coils/PTO

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
So Im starting to misfire when fully loaded with h20 and accessories. 350 Chevy 2016 Express. This happened once before a few thousand hours ago on the machine. I know I replaced the plugs, and I think 1 coil.

To do all coils and plugs..... over $2K. Dealer.

You PTO guys go through plugs and coils too occasionally?

scotty747

Im going to do mine tomorrow. And the water pump. and the serpentine belt.
And anything else i find looking shity. Its been two years.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Got it done. All new wires, all new plugs, and 2 coils replaced. cost about $1150 for that at the dealer. $560 labor and a $50 tip since they diagnosed, set up appointment, did the job, no glitches or side stories of how hard it is to find help and parts. Next time I can do this in the winter in my garage.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
looks pretty simple
IMG_6599.jpeg

Reactions: JS41035
J

JS41035

I’m about to do plugs and wires on the 6.0 in my old butler. It only has 58000 miles but I think it can’t hurt.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Oh those videos only show the easy plugs , wires and coil packs to replace. The front two on both sides are the bitch. That and when you are right handed and have to bend and squeeze all around the cabin to try and do it. There are some vids that show you must go thru the wheelwell to get to the front two. And you have to take off the front tire.

hogjowl

Idiot™
That’s really not that big of a deal Jimmy. I’m sure it was tough on your wife but Justin can handle taking off a tire and a shroud.

Last edited:
Name
Nate W.
That’s really not that big of a deal Jimmy. I’m sure it was tough on your wife but Justin can handle taking off a tired and a shroud or two.

Justin could drop the motor and replace it before Jimney could finish replace the plugs and coils.. :rockon:

J

JS41035

Oh those videos only show the easy plugs , wires and coil packs to replace. The front two on both sides are the bitch. That and when you are right handed and have to bend and squeeze all around the cabin to try and do it. There are some vids that show you must go thru the wheelwell to get to the front two. And you have to take off the front tire.
Wasn’t that bad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom