POG only OG these days???

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I buy POG from a company who frequents the boards here, don't ask me who as I am not going to reveal it. it seems over the last year or so, the stuff seems pretty neutered to what I used to get, I put it on some old paint spots and let it soak for 30 mins, today and it did not budge the paint, typically this type of situation would have popped right out. this has been happening to me all the time now. I am just wondering if the libs and tree huggers have forced a reformulation of the solvents we all use, I know about 111 that was years ago, I am talking within the last few years if any changes have happened, I guess I am forced to use something else for paint from now on as my old standby seems to not have what it takes any more, any suggestions for paint removal??

Jayhawk2218

Does the supplier begin with a C and end with obb? Years ago I used Citra Steam Powder from them. It was THE best pre-spray on the market. After a couple of years I noticed it just didn't clean the same. They took something out of it and it ruined the product.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Are you kidding? Just about every high VOC product on our shelf has been revised in the past year. Those that have not reformulated are those who were either ahead of the curve, or have product that would not pass inspection.

P.O.G products are especially vulnerable to VOC regs because their very nature ordinarily calls for solvents that are going to work to dissolve spot elements that had high VOC content as their solvent media.

The cutting edge work is on products that have high performance surfactants, and HC solvents which are still exempt. But we'll see some continuous upgrading and modification of these products as each brand struggles to compete by leapfrogging. Gone are the days where brute force chemistry allowed for some heady brews. Now all these formulators are going to have to rely on true innovation.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
I have had a few complaints from my custs about a lot of Chemspec products not working like they use to not just POG. I would recommend pro solve for paint though. Rarely does it let me down.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
steve g said:
any suggestions for paint removal??

yes, but you can't just POUR it on like you do Cobbs POG.
it WILL delaminate backing.
but if your smart, you can use it resposibly.

Xylene emulsifies cured latex paint fast.
you can buy it by the pint, quart or gal at Sherwin Williams.
(HD sells it too)

..L.T.A.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Acetone. A spotting brush. Rinse. Wear mask and gloves or you WILL become very high and sick and could die.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
so I am not up in the night about how the POG has not been working like it used to, that is good to know, the F---ING libs again, screwing with our chemicals, their tentacles have no bounds, its really all about control. I wonder is there is a way to get some of the old formula stuff just for me. Its pretty sad come to think of it, I think the POG I have been using is actually less effective on all types of spots in general, especially gum, I seem to have had better luck with prosolve gel lately.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Steve;

Our POG is formulated to remove paint effectively.

The solvents must be designed to penetrate the paint film quickly.

Organizations do try to severely limit the raw materials we use to formulate with.

Green Seal is a prime example, who is currently trying to restrict "citrus solvent".

Give me a call, if you would like to try our product.

Larry

P.S. Jayhawk- The formula for our Citra-Steam powder has not been changed. Raw material prices have increased for powders, but that does not change the composition. Citra-Steam has a fairly large component of citrus solvent, which can evaporate, if the container is not kept sealed.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Craig Jasper was saying to use a 'carpet shark', and break up the paint physically before applying anything.
I use citrus gel, Orangel from Zep, and Bridgepoints Alsolv aerosol. I apply some gel, then spray the Alsolv on it, then agitate in. It breaks up paint just like the ProsChoice stuff but more cost effectively. If I want more Alsolv I'll spray my bonescraper and let it drip onto the spot.
I took out some old paint the other day with this. Used the procedure I just mentioned, then vacuumed and it all disappeared, even before I rinsed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom