Polishing a Concrete Garage Floor -- How?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Do I use spinergy pads for this or will I eat them up doing on a 3 car garage? How much do I charge and how many more uses will I get out of my pads?

Can I just use the regular stone impregnating sealer? The guy wants the stuff with teflon in it so he can repel water AND oil.

Is there a product used just for Concrete?

It was a pad that was poured last summer and is now getting a garage built on it.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
This was on youtube... guy has a carpet cleaning business as well.

8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUtKuMOGEuo8]

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Never seen someone polish their garage. My garage is sealed and has a nice shiny finish on it... But most here are just unsealed concrete. Sorry hope the video was helpfull . Ill look and find ya another one

brzelt

Name
Bruce Zelt
You can't learn polished concrete on a message board.

I'm surprised the Spinergy folks did not give you the quasi class that you took.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
The instructor said the pads are not part of the SMT certification and he was only going to spend a little bit of time on it, but my interlink did not have any in stock.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
brzelt said:
You can't learn polished concrete on a message board.

So if I want to know how to polish concrete I have to take the real classes for grinding and honing and polish stone? Concrete isn't soft enough?

How about somebody helps me? Explains to me what concrete polishing is. Can somebody tell me what it is on a message board?

Name
John LaBarbera
I'm not an expert so you will need more info than me. However, you have to use a weighted floor machine like a Mytee Diamond Head unit. After the floor is cleaned a product called a densifier ( solution of some kind of salts that react to the free lime in the concrete) is applied. After rinsing off than you polish using industrial diamonds 200 grit going to 10,000 or higher grit depending on the shine you want. There was a Guy I met at Proline's CAD last year and he was very knowledgeable on this. He would probably help you. If you want his phone # pm me with your phone # and I will try to hook you up.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I read a few threads where people said they polished concrete floors and this was around the time I heard of monkey pads and I figure it was the same thing.

There is a ton of stuff I didn't learn at my SMT class. I'm just going to have to study it out before I risk screwing anybody over.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
you can get there with sanding screens, diamonds pads, denisifer and sealers but even with all that it isn't the same a grinding the concrete

talk to Tom at this link if you want

Lythic Solutions

http://lythic.net/videos/hardwear.html

http://lythic.net/

I use their products to maintain concrete that was already polished and what they explain as Hard Wear floors. It is were they do a maintenance procedure on concrete that was never polished

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
joeynbgky said:
This was on youtube... guy has a carpet cleaning business as well.

t]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUtKuMOGEuot]

That's Chris Norman, he's a member here.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
dealtimeman said:
you need to rent a concrete grinder and watch alot of vidoes on youtube and you will be an expert in no time.

Hope you're being sarcastic

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
As with anything its not that hard if you have the right tools, and enough information to get you in trouble :lol:

I saw your message, you can give me a call sometime...and hey if you have a free weekend drive on down and we can do the other half of my garage

801-898-6210

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom