Politically Correct Cubicle Farm and Filty Glue Down Cleaning suggestions

Mikey P

Administrator
LOW MOISTURE METHOD

Dry vacuum all areas to be cleaned

Pre-spray heavy soil or drink spills to allow for the benefits of extended dwell time. Use a formula that has extra solvency to emulsify sticky or oily spots or an oxidizer for organic spots such as coffee or fruit juice

Agitate with a Fiber Scrubbing pad. Select a color that will safely achieve the desired results, without risking texture damage. In most cases, light brown is a efficient and safe choice.

Use a 175 Floor Machine or Oscillating Pad Machine along with an absorbent Microfiber pad to extract the bulk of the soil

Follow up with a cotton blend pad to extract the remaining soil and provide a finished appearance if using a low moisture system.

Any lingering stubborn organic spots that did not go away completely, may benefit from leaving a light application of a non-residual oxidizer on the area. Keep in mind many organic spots may take up to 8 hours of exposure to an oxidizer to completely go away. (see Module #__ for more tips on advanced spotting techniques)

EXTRACTION METHOD

Dry vacuum

Application of pre-spray formulated for heavy soil and synthetic fibers.

Use a 175 or OP machine equipped with a Fiber Scrubbing Pad to agitate. CRB machines can work in lighter soil conditions but are too lightweight to break greasy soil loose in most situations, regardless of how stiff the brushes are.

Allow for dwell time

Extract with a wand designed for cleaning low pile glue down carpet (a “Hole” pattern glide and a sheer angle to the jets to avoid over wetting may be an advantage)

Use of a rinsing agent that has cleaning ability as well as being able to neutralize high pH pre-spray is recommended

Perform extra extraction strokes with your wand strokes if results are unsatisfactory, followed by addition dry extraction passes.

Repeat steps 2 through 6 if needed. A Rotary Extractor may be needed in extreme cases. Be sure to feel the carpet after using an “RE” to determine of any additional dry strokes from your extraction wand will be beneficial, which is often the case, especially on floor with unlevel concrete subfloors.

A floor machine and a cotton blend type pad to go over the area again to remove additional soiling and moisture may be beneficial as well. This last step process is known as “Post Padding”.

Use air movers to facilitate quicker drying if needed as wicking is very common in these situations.

Thoughts?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
LOW MOISTURE METHOD

Dry vacuum all areas to be cleaned

Pre-spray heavy soil or drink spills to allow for the benefits of extended dwell time. Use a formula that has extra solvency to emulsify sticky or oily spots or an oxidizer for organic spots such as coffee or fruit juice

Agitate with a Fiber Scrubbing pad. Select a color that will safely achieve the desired results, without risking texture damage. In most cases, light brown is a efficient and safe choice.

Use a 175 Floor Machine or Oscillating Pad Machine along with an absorbent Microfiber pad to extract the bulk of the soil

Follow up with a cotton blend pad to extract the remaining soil and provide a finished appearance if using a low moisture system.

Any lingering stubborn organic spots that did not go away completely, may benefit from leaving a light application of a non-residual oxidizer on the area. Keep in mind many organic spots may take up to 8 hours of exposure to an oxidizer to completely go away. (see Module #__ for more tips on advanced spotting techniques)

EXTRACTION METHOD

Dry vacuum

Application of pre-spray formulated for heavy soil and synthetic fibers.

Use a 175 or OP machine equipped with a Fiber Scrubbing Pad to agitate. CRB machines can work in lighter soil conditions but are too lightweight to break greasy soil loose in most situations, regardless of how stiff the brushes are.

Allow for dwell time

Extract with a wand designed for cleaning low pile glue down carpet (a “Hole” pattern glide and a sheer angle to the jets to avoid over wetting may be an advantage)

Use of a rinsing agent that has cleaning ability as well as being able to neutralize high pH pre-spray is recommended

Perform extra extraction strokes with your wand strokes if results are unsatisfactory, followed by addition dry extraction passes.

Repeat steps 2 through 6 if needed. A Rotary Extractor may be needed in extreme cases. Be sure to feel the carpet after using an “RE” to determine of any additional dry strokes from your extraction wand will be beneficial, which is often the case, especially on floor with unlevel concrete subfloors.

A floor machine and a cotton blend type pad to go over the area again to remove additional soiling and moisture may be beneficial as well. This last step process is known as “Post Padding”.

Use air movers to facilitate quicker drying if needed as wicking is very common in these situations.

Thoughts?
Is this for some standard or just guidelines?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Use a formula that has extra solvency to emulsify sticky or oily spots or an oxidizer for organic spots such as coffee or fruit juice

This description fits traffic lane prespray products that might not be suitable for VLM methods, due to the potential for resoiling. You might need a clarifying statement here.
light brown is a efficient and safe choice.

Is this a commonly understood definition in the VLM marketplace? I ask because some in our industry use hard surface floor pads on carpet, and this might be confused with a brown stripping pad. Ask me how I know.....:hopeless:
(a “Hole” pattern glide and a sheer angle to the jets to avoid over wetting may be an advantage)

I agree based on my experience as well. However, could this be perceived as promoting a unit wand jet design provided by the writer of this specification?

I also would like to ask Ron's question: What is the purpose of these guidelines? An IICRC Standard, a training manual, or are you doing this for an organization that needs to create a maintenance guideline for their properties?

Reactions: Cleanworks

Mikey P

Administrator
This description fits traffic lane prespray products that might not be suitable for VLM methods, due to the potential for resoiling. You might need a clarifying statement here.

Is this a commonly understood definition in the VLM marketplace? I ask because some in our industry use hard surface floor pads on carpet, and this might be confused with a brown stripping pad. Ask me how I know.....:hopeless:

I agree based on my experience as well. However, could this be perceived as promoting a unit wand jet design provided by the writer of this specification?

I also would like to ask Ron's question: What is the purpose of these guidelines? An IICRC Standard, a training manual, or are you doing this for an organization that needs to create a maintenance guideline for their properties?

Valuable suggestions and comments, thx

Mikey P

Administrator
OK good.

You have a lot more latitude in a course handbook.

You can provide a glossary that describes in more detail the cleaning agents, pads, tools, etc that you suggest.

and photos...

I'm anxious get it Darcy'fied...

For now it's just a brain dump of all I've learned

As for the wand mention , many brands fit that description.

It's much easier to write an IICRC/ ANSI Standard actually

Rick J

Name
rick Jones

darn tootn.,, green pads on my 175 , to pre-scrub my prespray on crappy tufted olefins and polys!!! 😛

and, if my greens are too worn, black!!!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
OK good.

You have a lot more latitude in a course handbook.

You can provide a glossary that describes in more detail the cleaning agents, pads, tools, etc that you suggest.

and photos...

darn tootn.,, green pads on my 175 , to pre-scrub my prespray on crappy tufted olefins and polys!!! 😛

and, if my greens are too worn, black!!!!!

I know a big wig VLM guy who uses (just) his driver to agitate the worst of conditions....😵‍💫

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
and photos...

I know a big wig VLM guy who uses (just) his driver to agitate the worst of conditions....😵‍💫
I tried that one time just for shit & giggles to see what would happen
Was not good!! LoL!
Dug and so hard it trie to pull the carpet up as well as throwing me around!😁

Used a tile brush as well.What about the same result🙂

But you know how it goes.Curious minds gotta know

• Haha
Reactions: Mikey P

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
and photos...

How about this baby to "FLUFF" up beaten down olefin on stairs? 😛
dog aggressive desheder.

Don't laff, tried it! Nope! LOL

20240724_093349[1].jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom