Poll for Vortex owners only

Xentherm?

• Keep the system on all future trucks.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mikey P

Administrator
Xentherm...

Do you really understand the benefits of the heat transfer oil system?

Do you feel the cost and hassle is worth the added safety?

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Re: Poll for Vortex onwers only

Mike, I have not had any problems with this system on my trucks. It heats up fast and the heat stays consistent. On my 7000's the lines were run kind of weird, I will be redesigning this winter. Here are some shots of last winter.
GetAttachmentaspx.jpg
100_1183.jpg
DSC_0581.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

I think it would be the final straw that kills this machine......some of the new modifications and getting rid of the pre heated fresh tank already turned them in that direction.....the 6008/7000 series was there peak with this machine.......should of just left well enough alone.........

The Preacher

the 1/2" carpet fiber can't tell the difference!!!!!!

i always wundered why the V owners went to the restroom at the same time at functions. Mikey said y'all were measuring yore junk??? :shock:

Name
Lee Stockwell

What's an "onwer"?

Instead of jumping into the historically difficult TM business Legends / Drieaze would be better served to spending their attention and resources dealing with a HOLE in their core business, the one that allowed them the resources to buy into the TM business:

They need to have their own heat based dehumidification system. Of course being invested in the refrig / desicant approach may have something to do with that?

Looking forward to February!

Thanks,
Lee

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty

Doug, I should have put the middle picture up top. When I purchased this Vortex the blower was sitting on an angle. The top picture is after we replaced the cradle that the blower and the pump sit on. The bottom picture is after we replaced the drive shaft cradle and completed the leveling of all components. The belts are lined up so that the tension is the same on all three belts, no slip when wet. 8)

rhyde

Name
rhyde

both

for me it's worth the hassle to not have the heat exchanger in the bed of the truck but i can understand the appeal of not having to fuss with the zentherm oil

Name
Lee Stockwell

I commented, but didn't vote.

Typically many vote and don't comment...therefore:

You have no idea WHO voted in this poll

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik

Ron- Would you please explain why you had to do so much re-engineering to a brand new unit? What problems were you having and how did re-engineering your set-up and leveling the blower fix them? As for the Zentherm Heat Transfer Oil, for a big job, it works fine. In cold weather from job to job (residential), your damn near done with the job before your water gets hot. Unless, you want to sit with the customer for a half hour and have coffee, waiting for the water to reach temperature.

Damn, that blower looks like its as big as the engine in my powerclean freedom. Never had to redesign anything on the freedom, though!

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Erik,

When I took delivery of the first Vortex I had trouble with the belt tension. The three belts all had different tension meaning that the drive pulleys were not lined up. When the belts got wet they would slip when you tried to engage the PTO. The other problem that we found was that the seals in the blower had been eroded by fine dirt that had gone past the filters. The seals were letting the synthetic blower oil pass to the impellers which would cause dirt to stick to the lobes. The lobes would then begin to knock against each other causing the blower to fail.

When we installed the new cradles, rebuilt and leveled the blower it solved the belt tension and slippage issues.

As far as the heat, the 7000 Series has a addition heat exchange on the blower. Between the 240 Gallon of preheated water the heat exchange on the blower, and the Zentherm we can usually have 240 Degree water in 5 Minutes.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Was your blower failure due to over-heating? Did you drop a bearing? I'm on my third re-build. The race had slipped, due to over-heating. I don't know if it is caused by the angle or the small particles getting into the blower. Make sure your flex inlet from your tank to your blower doesn't have a clear smooth insert. Once that lets loose, your blower is done for sure. That was the problem with my second blower re-build. Do you think it was more of the angle of the blower or just your belts not aligning right? If your belts just didn't align, why didn't you change the angle of the drive shaft with the spacers in the pillow block bearing?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom