Poll: Vortex owners

Has the fact that Legends bought Blueline and Vortex hurt our resale value ? Things are obvious that there are no plans to keep Vortex running and with the removal of vortexinfo.com support for the O/O to fix things ourselves do you think it hurts our resale ?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Most truckmounts have lousy resale value, and most of that loss comes right away.

Look at all the great names that have bit the dust. Then again look at all of the individual models that have been quietly dumped.

This is a rough business and few have made consistent "big bucks" making or selling truckmounts alone.

More profit is made by the enduser than by the manufacturer of a given machine.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It depends..on who is buying it.....some people are real mechanically inclined....and some are more..hospital inclined and should not be messing around with things...Vortex's biggest mistakes was not making cookie cut machine..way to many different breads rolling around out there and the information was priceless to a lot of people....I think in the long run they have hurt them self more then the resale of the truck.....

hogjowl said:
So, have all of you decided that Bruders is lying about the site coming back on line?
I never said he was lying. I just wonder why they would pull a site offline when the info won't transfer over due to technology issues and leave Vortex Owners hanging.

Mikey P

Administrator
and yes, Value has gone down considerably.

Who the hell in their right mind would buy a NEW Big Truck from a company that does not see their value.

Don't blame Bill for absorbing a failed business.

Blueline/Vortex if given another month or two would have folded.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Personally, I don't take the potential death of Vortex all that hard. My rig was built by Aerotec, and has been supported by Aerotec and as long as Jim Martin and Ted answer my phone calls I will be able to keep it running.

Besides, if I bought another, it would probaby be an Aerotec anyway.

Let em die, as far as I am concerned.

Shawn can always preach for a living.

Vinnie

RIP
Name
Vincent Annunziato
Well what do you expect, why spend $100,000 to clean a carpet when you could spend 25 or 30,000 and clean the same carpet just as good.

Jimbo

Several Harsh realities raise their head in answer to your question, Chris....

A. Of course your V is worth a bit less when you go to sell it...no one wants an orphaned piece of equipment...especially when it has some proprietary parts on it.

B. You have obvious options when replacing it...and from my experience Aerotech manufacturing has awesome customer service...It is apparent that they WANT to help out the folks that are running their equipment.

C. Used Aerotechs (or V's Built by Aerotech) might have gotten a little bump in value.

D. Once you own a big truck...nothing else holds a candle in the cleaning arena.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Vinnie said:
Well what do you expect, why spend $100,000 to clean a carpet when you could spend 25 or 30,000 and clean the same carpet just as good.

because for some of us...just as good is not good enough.......

hogjowl

Idiot™
Oh yes indeed at 400 ft. In fact, I have had 2 two hundred foot lines running and forgot and left my dump valve open and couldn't tell it.

Just because Vortex (as a company) is struggling doesn't make the truck less productive.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
We have been over this before and I think Jim Eckman said it the best. When we met in the lobby at the Sheraton in Nashville, Jim said that once you cleaned with a Vortex nothing else would ever replace it. There may be other units that you can buy cheaper but that big blower being pushed by the diesel engine does make a BIG difference.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
The Vortex and Aerotech are untouchable for large jobs. convenience and POWER non stop cleaning. ? is A or V in the end. I know where my bet is if they give up.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
We do! Its all in the set up. I see you use 2nd. best. again it's in the set up.

Bjorn

nothing like a machine with no priority parts.

just depends on which Vortex Du Jour you own.

Kind of funny when you look at the offending part and it has no numbers or manufacture or reference of any kind on it.

kind a like an old curse from the grave sticking it to you

Ryan

I used to love cleaning with a vortex, but are they really worth it from a business view point? Maybe if you kept the thing busy night and day with a three man crew. I don't see buying one as an owner op, unless you can charge .50 psf with out protector. Broke people in arky won't pay that though.

Bjorn

times have changed and there has been a shift in the poles.

Seems most of the problems are with an over complicated heating system just scrap it and put # 4 little giant and get on with your lives

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Odin said:
times have changed and there has been a shift in the poles.

Seems most of the problems are with an over complicated heating system just scrap it and put # 4 little giant and get on with your lives
What heat? A #4 LG much better constent temps.

Bjorn

if it don't light up just go to Lowes and buy a 8 dollar thermocouple and a BBQ lighter

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
We cleaned for a lady on Saturday. Never met her before. She says she did her own research on carpet cleaning. She said I want the big truck after dealing with other carpet cleaners in the past. Found us on an interent search.

We bought ours to save time. And it has done just that. Her house was 1600 sq ft of carpet. Vacuumed it, crb in the O2, and rinsed with dual wand at over 20 flow between the 2 wands, maintain 260 at the machine with no warm up. No fans. first rooms we started cleaning were dry to the touch when done. took slightly under 1.5 hours start to finish.

I think there will always be a market for the big truck. I am probably wrong but I don't think I have been hurt at all. I think Bill will follow through. I am probably wrong there also. Give him a chance.

I feel my truck will always have a certain value, but it will also be in good shape and not worn out either.

If I had major problem I would yank the heat system and put in the LG

lance

You don't need a big machine to single wand with now that 2.5 inch hose is so available. Things have changed a lot in the last few years......didn't Mikey get banned from ICS partly because he put down everyone who didn't have or want a Vortex?

A big truck has extra room, no doubt about that. Vans are no longer the perfect set-up. But a V is for duel wanding, resi or commercial. Saves time and uses the machine for what it was designed to do. Brand new it's fantastic, but now maintainance issues are cropping up with a price tag.....that shows the real value of the machine....but remember when Dave Rampage said in a V advertisement "I sold my two Vorexes for more than i paid for them (i think he bought both of them used).

If you single wand then all you need is 300 cfm, 2.5 inch hose, a 2 inch wand, a properly plumbed machine with enough horsepower to not bog down and dependable enough to not break down. Pick what you want to drive it around everyday. For heat and high flow there are choices too. If you want HX then go to Jonh H. at hotheatexchangers.com He can build you anything you want.

"Everything that shines is not always gold."

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
"You don't need a big machine to single wand with now that 2.5 inch hose is so available. Things have changed a lot in the last few years......"

Well, my first truck mount was purchased 32 years ago. It came standard with 2.5 inch hose. It is not so much things have changed, as it is some cleaners are just now catching up after all these years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom