Pollution Solution problem

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
It stopped working yesterday and I can't figure out why. No noise no nothing. I took it apart to make sure nothing was lodged in the impeller and it's clear. I tested the line using a meter and definately getting 12 volts to the waste tank. I then cut the wire to the flow switch and tested it and getting about 8 volts. Not sure what to do next and I'm stumped. Bad flow switch or pump? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Jimbo

He Tom! Sounds like either a bad connection or a bad switch...Just curious...was the 8 volt reading was before the switch...or after? If before I'd redo any electrical connection...make sure there is no corrosion...if the 8 volts is after running it through the switch...I'd find a new switch...Is it a float switch?? Marine supply store should have one...maybe WalMart in the sporting good section.

Spurling

take the 2 wires directly off the pump and put it on a battery ..if it dosent run, its a bad pump ..if it does, maybe the wiring is loose or exposed to moisture

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I guess you're talking about an auto pump out?
since you mentioned impellers and waste tank.

correct??

.L.T.A.

MerCrewser

Be sure to get the gold series 1500 pump to replace it, not the red and white basic version. Shop around on line, you'll get a good deal. Also, you must use the heat shrink type wire insulators, otherwise you will have electrical problems, and electrolosis could corrode and weaken the tank. I love this type of pump out. I pull mine no more than once a year to clean it and it gives me no problems. Cheap and easy to fix with over the counter parts too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom