Poly Sissell Roll marks

G

I have a client who has a polypropelene sissel rug with roll marks ( crushing ) on the face. basically an indention all the way across the carpet face .

Anyone with a solution on removing them ?? The homeowner doesnt want steam cleaning , but to my knowledge that may be the only chance of removing .

Thanks in advance .

James

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
When carpet comes in that has roll or crush marks, we will often will use a clothing steamer to lift the pile. We use a low pressure volume steamer, we keep on on our cleaning truck for special spotting. I believe Walmart carries them for around thirty to forty bucks.. here are some links.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=4360372

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=9219297

Either of these will do the job and they come in handy for stain removal, crush removal, or fabric wrinkles. :wink:

harryhides

Name
Tony
James, I have done hundreds of Roll Crush jobs for the Mills.
These are the facts about repairing the damage by using a high volume steamer:

Wool & Nylon - No problem.
Polyester - much tougher but it can be done but takes about 4-5 times longer.
Olefin/Polypropylene - Forget it.
Have only twice restored roll crush on an Olefin by using a pile lifter.

I've never heard of Sissel and if the face fibers are made of sisal then I can't help you - don't know what would work.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I'm betting that the sissal is only reffering to the way the polyester or whatever fiber he is truly working with is woven. Our Sisal Wool collection is a very short loop and in fact the sisal is reffering to this very low level loop construction. They are manufactured in a similar manner to the natural sisal carpets and rugs.

P.S. Yeah Polypropelene aka Olefin does not respond to the steam like Tony said above.

G

exactly . I didnt think anything could be done , but I kicked it out at you guys any .

About a month ago I had a guy call about indentions on olefin carpet . A couple a pallets of tile had been set on the carpet . Needless to say , they are still there .

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I posted eariler today on this and now it's gone :roll:

Did I get edited or is it in space?

Anyway, I said what Tony and David have both said... and they probably did it more eloquently than I :lol:

John

PS a new rug (if it's still available) for 35% more dropped off may be the only sure fire way of 'correcting' the problem :oops:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom