Polyester carpet...need advice.....

DrUmM@sT3r

Name
Mark Medora
I’ve had polyester carpet give me a hard time in the past, tried to search my thread on here but no go. I cleaned some polyester today, only 3 years old, but had dark path ways in high traffic areas. (I did a acid & burn test and the customer found their paperwork and I was correct that it’s polyester.) I’m using Flex Powder, Rotovac 360i, standard 3 jet head, Apex full throttle and wide open. Sadly it’s better but still dark pathways:icon_rolleyes: Customer is fine with it. I just want better results. Any ideas to get the darkness out? Thanks....

Reactions: Living The Dream

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Depends on whether the dark lanes are pile crush or soiling. If soiling you could try to up the ph with a spotter or ammonia based traffic lane cleaner. Poly is susceptible to pile crush, nothing you can do about that.

Reactions: DrUmM@sT3r

FredC

Village Idiot
probably of no help but here is the old thread

Name
Swani
I’ve had polyester carpet give me a hard time in the past, tried to search my thread on here but no go. I cleaned some polyester today, only 3 years old, but had dark path ways in high traffic areas. (I did a acid & burn test and the customer found their paperwork and I was correct that it’s polyester.) I’m using Flex Powder, Rotovac 360i, standard 3 jet head, Apex full throttle and wide open. Sadly it’s better but still dark pathways:icon_rolleyes: Customer is fine with it. I just want better results. Any ideas to get the darkness out? Thanks....
Try post bonneting with an encapsulation product. Excellent Supply has some great Encap products. Also a product called dinge away is great from Pro's Choice.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Start with a cheap test.

Go to your local Walmart or grocery store and get some washing soda (sodium carbonate) to add to your treatment. . It softens the water and allows your treatment to emulsify the oils much better.

If that doesn’t do much, they a liquid citrazyme made my harvard chemicals and add that to your treatment. Ive gotten good results on poly carpets as well.

I hope that helps

Reactions: DrUmM@sT3r

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The Flex focuses on the oil bonds of polyester. Heavy particulate soils benefits from the ingredient mentioned in the blog. https://blog.aramsco.com/polyester-carpet-responds-to-special-surfactant

"The result was the combination of surfactants, including non-ionic and a special cationic surfactant/hydrotope"

Tom is being very professional by not promoting a product of his in his article.

I'll help by giving two:

His: Traffic Slam by Bridgepoint/Interlink/Aramsco etc etc

Other: Prochem Olefin Preclean.

I have gotten very good results with both on stubbornly oil stained polyester.

However, polyester is garbage, and there is only so much you can do with such a horrible product.

DrUmM@sT3r

Name
Mark Medora
Depends on whether the dark lanes are pile crush or soiling. If soiling you could try to up the ph with a spotter or ammonia based traffic lane cleaner. Poly is susceptible to pile crush, nothing you can do about that.
I believe it’s pile crush, the carpet is 3 years old, this was the first professional cleaning, hardly any soil came out. This home is new and immaculate. My external filter had only a little soil, hardly nothing.

Reactions: Jim Morrison

DrUmM@sT3r

Name
Mark Medora

DrUmM@sT3r

Name
Mark Medora
probably of no help but here is the old thread

Thanks!

SamIam

Name
sam miller

SamIam

Name
sam miller
It's never perfect with polys

20220311_104404.jpg 20220311_091522.jpg 20220311_110845.jpg 20220311_105740.jpg

F

FB7777

However, polyester is garbage, and there is only so much you can do with such a horrible product.
There-in lies the beauty, freedom and wisdom of conviction

I’d rather lead with no , than “I’ll do my best”

So much of what is produced today is garbage

Everyday in the field feels like an “apology tour”

We spend pre-inspections managing expectations to avoid excuses once the invoices are processed

Lower the bar

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I pipe the tread on some polys to help lift the pile.

This issue isn't always can you make it look good it's a week after it's cleaned it's crushed again.

When they say it isn't crush resistant they mean it.

20220305_152926.jpg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I pipe the tread on some polys to help lift the pile.

This issue isn't always can you make it look good it's a week after it's cleaned it's crushed again.

When they say it isn't crush resistant they mean it.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The other thing is pile reversal creates shadowing.

Sometimes if your slim shady.....

You can push groom it with your wand to make it appear brighter.

Tom Forsythe

Does flew have sodium percarbonate?

Or would you suggest a booster powder to help brighten the scratches and wear????
Flex does not have sodium percarbonate for two reasons: the percent you can put in a powder at 1 to 32 dilution is not enough to have noticeable impact. Also it needs to be coated so as not to be active in the bottle which SIGNIFICANTLY slows down mixing. The addition of 1 to 2 ounces of a peroxide powder (does not need to be coated) in a ready to use gallon of pre-spray is enough to have impact on the results. https://blog.aramsco.com/the-power-of-boosters

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom