Pondering what to do next in GRAND RAPIDS, MINNESOTA!

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
It is supposed to steadily move up in temps this week. Tuesday 30's Thursday -Friday 50's

Don't believe it til you see it!

I agree Russ, if things don't explode this spring... I'll be very surprised. Feeling like mother nature owes us something after this crap. Plus, my(fat cat/take it easy) winter money will be gone before this winter ends/if ever.

The snow... No problem, big deal, love driving in it(really) 4th most in Chicago history this year. The crazy cold though has been nuts, that's what making things crazy. Around here, anyways.

-9 tonight...

I keep the van outside with elect heaters going at all times. Been somewhat stressful this year.:hopeless:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
y9anega8.jpg

The Clean Machine

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Your grandson is almost as cute as mine - BUT - Did you install that laminate yourself? - Don't fib, Uncle Willy can tell (you can fix that gapping with a small shim ) And tell your wife she looks twenty years too young to be a Grandma.

I went to the NHL Heritage Classic in Vancouver, along with 50,000 others. The rink wasn't outside, but in BC Place, a football/soccer stadium. The retractable roof was closed as it was raining. The rink was surrounded in bales of what looked like cotton batten, love to have seen those plowed. We woke up to a very late inch of snow this morning.Had 6 last week, but that was all for this winter. Not much to do, but sigh as I look at the daffodils and blossoming cherry trees.

GTvBVYy-900x596_zpseb961e8a.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Your grandson is almost as cute as mine - BUT - Did you install that laminate yourself? - Don't fib, Uncle Willy can tell (you can fix that gapping with a small shim ) And tell your wife she looks twenty years too young to be a Grandma.

I went to the NHL Heritage Classic in Vancouver, along with 50,000 others. The rink wasn't outside, but in BC Place, a football/soccer stadium. The retractable roof was closed as it was raining. The rink was surrounded in bales of what looked like cotton batten, love to have seen those plowed. We woke up to a very late inch of snow this morning.Had 6 last week, but that was all for this winter. Not much to do, but sigh as I look at the daffodils and blossoming cherry trees.

GTvBVYy-900x596_zpseb961e8a.jpg

Actually a contractor did the install on the laminate Willy....It was ugly! My wife got to a point where she had enough and told them their work was done now....can pack up and leave.

I have been fixing things this past month as it has been slower. Haven't got to that part of the laminate repaired. Don't even want to show you some of the other things they did :icon_rolleyes:

And don't get my wife started talking about it....she will tell you...LOL!

Saw this game on TV yesterday. Still looked dang cold for everyone.

Will definitely pass on the kind words to my wife....

Been thinking of you Willy as I head out to do 2nd and 3rd floor places today that want it done with Truckmounts. So tempted to bring in the portable, but we are going to keep setting up 2 vans and knocking this thing out in -26 below zero! Was supposed to be warmer today. Fooled me!

Have a warm, great day!

Mark

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I swear I am trapped in "Ground Hogs Day" the movie.

Everyday I wake up to -26 below zero!

Just got done dragging hose through snow up past my butt!

7 jobs and only one of them on a main level....just that alone would normally kick your tail for the day.

And......wait for it......

IT'S SNOWING AGAIN!!!!

Mikey sent me a Facebook video of him cleaning on the ocean in a nice place and warm.....

I've got some water video too....it's just all frozen! :)

2014-03-03131730_zps91528177.png

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
What a difference a change in temperature can do for the attitude!

What a difference a change in temp can do for an attitude.

Snowed last night again, so time to shovel and plow.

Was -13 below zero this morning when we started. Started with a very large carpet cleaning job and got called off with the 2nd van due to a water damage call. Busted pipe thawed out, inch of water.

I went and did that bulk of that job....talk about A LOT OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS AND NO ROOM TO MOVE IT!!!!

By the time I was out of that job, it was up to + 12 above zero. OH MY WHAT A DIFFERENCE.

This was the first time we could even take our Grandson outside to walk in the snow and play a bit.

Sure hope it stays warm now and this snow starts to go away fast....but it needs to do it slowly to prevent a ton of uninsured water damages!

You will see in this kind of weather....we are easily amused!

Shoveling snow away from shop to get vans out until we can plow later

2014-03-04081755_zps161c4545.jpg

Our Grandson Telling his dad from the window how to drive the 4 wheeler (he was plowing and touching up around the yard with it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03cgO1-Eqgg

His first walk/play in the snow....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL3w1fErVuM

Now his first ride with dad on the 4 wheeler and small plow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZls23nZrws

Entertainment at it's best.....throwing snow in the air for the pups....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-l7jPfZuEI

We are soooo Looking forward to warm weather and Spring to be here soon!

Mark

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom