Pool filter modification pictures

KBRENNY

Here are some pics of the modifications I made to my in line pool filter I made when I switched over to 2.5 inch hose. I knew the filter would be the biggest restriction in my system if I didn't change it.

I started by getting two 2.5 inch npt x 2.5 inch hose barb fittings from my local plumbing supply, and some clear two part epoxy.

I had to cut off the original nipples to allow contact with a hole saw, used a 2.75 inch hole saw to cut the hole in each end of the housing, using a dremel tool very carefully i had to remove just a little bit (very little) to allow the fittings to thread into the holes. Cut the pipe thread side of the fitting so only 1/4" to 3/8" was sticking through the housing then used the epoxy to "glue" the fittings in each end.

Just something I thought everyone on here would like to see.

The idea came from none other than Greenie.

DCP_1790.jpg

DCP_1794.jpg

DCP_1793.jpg

KBRENNY

I used the slower curing 2500 psi epoxy, after it cured I tried to break it loose (would rather break it at home than in the field). I gave it quite a bit of twisting and could not budge it. It says on the label it is good up to 250 degrees and is resistant to almost any chemical. Only time will tell but I think it will do fine.

R

R W

Would it be possible to find a fitting that would accept a 2" hose internally, or a 2 1/2" hose externallly??

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
RW;

We make an elbow fitting that is 2.5" OD and has 2" FPT inside for a 2" hose barb.

It can use 2.5" or 2" Vac Hose.

It can also be done with 2 straight fittings.

Larry Cobb

Greenie

I've had 3 request this week for this product, basically the guys want to buy it already done, how much is your cut and assembly time worth?

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
If you don't want to fuss with it Greenie, they're actually for sale somewhere already. $149.50

Greenie

I think I would just use the epoxy.

Having done several of these now, I am convinced that the galvenized nut and epoxy is the way to go. I couldn't source a stainless conduit nut.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom