Pool Filter

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
I think the pool filter I got from Greenie works great. Went over and done this old ladies carpets I do twice a year for free and she thought the pool filter was the best thing since sliced bread. When I got done I showed her all the stuff from the carpets that was in the filter. She asked if she could take it for a second and she went to the houses on both sides to show the people all the crap out of her carpet. :lol:

I think that thing will be a good selling point when people get to see all the gunk that comes out. I don't have to dump the waste tank in the driveway any more to show them. :lol:

We are now the only truck in town with

2.5" hose

Ext Filter

And a GH wand.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
100_3749-1.jpg

100_3750-1.jpg

clean one

Jim how the holes in the end of the filter help, i've tried the knee highs before. I guess it could make it a littler easy to clean out.

John Watson

Ades, the holes (must be 1/2 in) help suck the knee high down the full legnth and make it fill from the bottom up. In my experiance before I drilled the holes the knee high would just plug up on the sides and not fill properly. With the holes, the sock will will pack it in...

Yes It makes it a whole bunch easier to clean out!!!

One other thing I found out, in a heavy dirt or mud situation, Pull the sock. too fine of mesh on the sock and will plug up on you. I just cut a circle from an MT chem Jug to plug the 1/2 in holes.

Greenie

If you are not a knee high guy, then you can drill smaller holes, 3/16" it's amazing how much the SS strainer still catches.

Also several guys still use the white nylon socks that originally came with the pool filter, they are coarser, and actually flow air really well, they aren't expensive, you can have 3 or 4 and just rotate them in a 3 gal bucket if you don't have a quick and easy way to dump them, it's a quick change on the fly, and they rinse out pretty easily.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the holes pull the nylon and all the garbage to the bottom of the stainless filter and hold it there..while it does this it keeps the sides of the filter clear and you have less restriction...when full just pull and replace...no cleaning or having to scrub the filter.....

IMG_3319.jpg

IMG_3320.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
..this was a test on the filter and I did not vacuum to see how it would do....because I do vacuum everything before I clean I can normally go all day with out having to change the nylon because of no restrictions........

John Watson

You can read words, but not look and understand pictures????

Ethel, Ethel, I have another Stoopie in the house!!!!

Name
Nate W.
John Watson said:
You can read words, but not look and understand pictures????

Ethel, Ethel, I have another Stoopie in the house!!!!

Watson was trying to say, "Yes, you drill holes in only the bottom. Not the mesh screen."

He was having his Alzheimer's kicking in and forgetting the question at hand but remembered "I LOVE LUCY" re-runs. I hope he gets some help soon. Good thing hes got a Helen that tolerates him with love. :mrgreen:

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
I know its in the bottom but I guess yours is a little different then mine or something.

The one I have the SS mesh goes over the top of the rubber piece on the bottom of the basket. Noticed in your pics the stocking is pulled into the half inch holes.

So when I first asked the question I was more wondering why you would have drilled through the SS mesh but maybe yours don't cover that rubber piece on the bottom like mine.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
look at the first picture......that is how the bottom of mine is....there is no mesh around it...to be honest.....I cant recall ever seeing one with the mesh around the bottom........but if yours does and if it were me I would carefully drill the plastic and not the mesh you will still get the same effect.....and keep the strength of the mesh together....

Greenie

Maybe he's got one of them Jon-Don all SS baskets and doesn't have the black plastic version?

John Watson

I was sorta thinkin the same thing.

Cept it aint mesh, its perforated SS with a SS bottom. Yes you can drill it, Have fun will take awhile. It does not pass the air as well as the SS mesh does. I have both, prefer the mesh with knee high, will use other only if not needing extra filtration or till I sell it..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom