Popped my Cherry today......

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Ok I am listening, Brian. A while back I started a bit of encaping with a low speed swing machine, some green striped pads and some Bridgepoint encap chem.. I mainly started because of the occasional call back on Berber wicking. I use it for floor striping also. My question is, so as far a production for my large commercial jobs can I make due with my current set up or is the cimex that big of a difference in performance? I know the vortex is a beast to deal with, lots of maint. And so on, but as I have stated in the past it’s a marketing tool. There is a reason why Cintas is working their commercial accounts and using Areotechs to try and transition into carpet cleaning and floor maint. Most cleaners are working out of a van the big diesel truck give of a more commercial cleaning image and so on. A good carpet cleaner can spot clean carpet with a toothbrush, water and a rag need be lol.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
You can do quite a bit with a rotary, in fact I'd say it's one of the more versatile tools out there. Until you find that you need more agitation &/or higher production save your money. In fact save a few $ from every commercial job and then buy a Cimex/OP.

The main advantage of a Cimex or an OP over a rotary aren't on light soil the production increase really shows on heavier soiled carpets. On a wide open lightly soiled carpet the rotary will hold its own in the hands of an experienced operator. In fact I surprise myself everytime I pull my rotary out for a carpet job...

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
at what rpm does the cimex run? also it looks like the cimex uses a type of pad like a scrub pad, is there anything besides bonnet pads to use on a rotary?

tim

I cleaned a autopart manufacturer plant with my cimex and it made a beleiver out of me. I brought the truckmount, fully expecting I would need it. I tried the cimex first and all the employees stood around slack-jawed watching amazing results. They signed up for a cleaning monthlly and I make $250-$300 an hour just walking behind the cimex. I would only do encap if I could! Brian needs to invest in a cimex. I have padcapped with no better results than the cimex and alot slower and washing/replacing pads was time consuming/expensive. I would gladly trade my 21 inch brute for another cimex! I am definitely a fan of the cimex!

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
so what do the consumables cost per sq. ft. pads and chem? how long do the pads last and are they expensive?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If I were doing tons of commercial I would buy a cimex.

I padcap residential so I need a machine suited for that. The Orbot has been great....But still considering the Trinity.

Pads ARE expensive...around $15.00 each for the ones I use (Microfiber with scrub strip) but so far they have outlasted the $21.00 cotten blend pads and LOOK new still....Where the cotton pads look like dog crap even after a good washing.

I've used the cimex and it's a monster.....really easy to use once you start using it. Heavy as all hell and hard to pull out of a truck without a ramp or something like that.

TimP

The biggest thing I've had to deal with while shampooing with a Cimex is not to leave the cimex resting in one spot when you turn it off. You'll get 3 brown circles, I presume from extra detergent on the pads. At least it happens in my conditions. I always turn it off and lift the head of the machine off the carpet. I probably shampooed 80,000' of carpet last year. Clients can't really tell the difference between HWE and Shampoo, there is very little that I have to fix with HWE. It saves a bunch of time. I preferred the Releasit DS last year. I haven't tried the new Snake Oil yet.

Back
Top Bottom