Porkhole outlet plug

Name
BradFenstermaker
So I first saw these on Ford diesel forum for use in bumper for block heater.

Just put one in my back door of Promaster today for ease of Electric heater plug in.

Amazon for around $15 GCP1 AC plug

No more cord pinch in door.

In hindsite I didn't think about the door being in weather during rain. Later I will have plywood on the door and will put a RV accessed hole in.
Outside has weather proof tab/lid.

For now it will work.

20191203_145907.jpg 20191203_160544.jpg

Reactions: Hack Attack

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
There is a better spot to install it without drilling through the door. I'm installing mine in the left lower corner of the bumper corner above the red reflector. From there you can get inside the van, no drilling through the metal.

Reactions: BradFenstermaker

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
There is a better spot to install it without drilling through the door. I'm installing mine in the left lower corner of the bumper corner above the red reflector. From there you can get inside the van, no drilling through the metal.
Show me

Name
BradFenstermaker
Here ya go DAT

I just wonder how well the screws will hold in plastic over time.
My friend told me about that location but looked like bumper cover and metal to make holes. I will investigate with flashlight later today.

My plug worked great last nite

20191204_073205.jpg

Reactions: DAT and Nomad74

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I was thinking about the gmc that i got.. i was wondering where i can put a hole in so i can run a heater..

Name
BradFenstermaker
Damon what your talking about is hole in bumper cover then punch out the air pressure vent or cut it for the cord.Tight to reach in inside that space. Especially if you need to add screw and nut to fasten later.

DAT I used a 1 3/4 in hole saw. If you put it on side of rear the female won't be in the weather if raining while cleaning. I thought about over the wheel well also.

Think about vinyl lettering if you have any or adding some.
I think these past thru plugs are pretty tight once screwed in. Could also add some silicone caulk for extra seal.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom