Portable Extractors for spots

mkpol1

Any suggestions for a portable extractor so i dont have to use my truckmount for 1 or 2 spots??

Something small and inexpensive

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Instead of spending $400 for one of those machines why not go to Lowes or HD and pick up a small portable hand held wet/dry vac?

I saw one for sale for $14.95 last week called the "Stinger"
They even have some that are rechargeable battery from Dewalt for around $100.

Take in a qt bottle of water to spray and rinse and then suck up.

The small spotting machines are WAY over priced and you will seldom use them to get your money out of them.

GRHeacock

I had one of the small 3 gallon portables. Used it only occasionally.

But it worked fine for small spot jobs and small furniture jobs. It took a while to pay for itself, but when you buy one, it is a tax deductible cost, so I say look professional and get a professional machine.

Gary

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Prochem spotters or Priority manufacturing both make great
machines,however I do favor the prochem unit.
Talk to Jim Pemberton about it.

All The Best, Rob

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Here's one of the best ones I've seen and used.

http://www.scmdistributors.com/edic_spotter.htm

PS, Jimmy, don't waste your money on the Stinger.
It's a POS.
Shop-Vac makes a small one too.
I've owned both.
Pitched the Stinger long ago.
The baby Shop-Vac still gets used and is the real deal.

Rigid makes one similar in shape/style to the Stinger, only a bit larger.
I have one, it's the real deal too

..L.T.A.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
my Stinger was a waste of $ to.

thanx --- Derek.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
I have a Craftsman vac very similar to the Shop Vac version. It is a nice little machine. I mostly use it to vacuum upholstery.

G

Bravo is a good one

I can get that for you. But, the heated ones with some bells and whistles are better.

KBRENNY

I have had a durrmaid for about two years now and it has paid for itself in the amount of time it has saved me on small jobs having just one or two small spots. The heat takes any where from 9 to 15 minutes to reach full temp depending on what water temp you start with. The heater will only turn on when the tank is almost completely full. It came with a full stainless upholstery wand (not the cheap plastic ones), and has a heavy neptune like hose. Has impressive vacuum compared to many spotters i have done a side by side comparison with. The entire hose assembly is about 10 feet long and I may shorten it someday for easier portability. It comes with a shorter cord than I would like but the second day I had it I went to lowes and purchased a longer and heavier cord with a gfci on the end and swapped it out. I also ordered the bracket that is used to wrap the cord around from the manufacturer (I believe available only for the first generation).The list price was well over $600 but I got a great deal form another carpet cleaner brand new in the box for less than 1/2 of the list price. Have no complaints about performance or reliability.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Nobles Anser spotting machines have been great units for us. You can carry them like or a suitcase or there is the option of a small wheeled cart.
We also hook up a stairtool to them for larger stains where we want more flushing action.

roro

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I'll echo Kevin and Ross,

we wouldn't be witout our 2. We have an Nobles (Tenant) Anser and a Procham SpotPro.

They have both paid for themselves many times over. I do heaps of spot and stain service calls and that's where they really come into their own.

We've had a good run out of both machines. I did have trouble with the trigger sticking on the Anser and trouble with the vac hose splitting on the SpotPro. I changed the vac hose over to twin walled 1.5" and it's never looked back. The Anser trigger is always playing up but we just put up with it.

I personally think the SpotPro has slightly better flushing and recovery but it really comes down to time.

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom