Portable Heaters for inside your rig?

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Shane T said:
Bill, Are you going to cover the foam board with something? I have used the 1.5" foam in two different vans. I don't glue it in place. Just cut it tight and cover with your choice of wall board. I use the foil covered bubble insulation for the ceiling and upper door panels.
Seam together with foil tape.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
If you have an E-tes, that would work.
Ha, Good one!!!

A garage. :idea:
Now, why didn't I think of that?? :lol: Van doesn't fit..long story. It's not my house.

Just cut it tight and cover with your choice of wall board.
DAMN.. I think it'll be cheaper and easier to just build a garage...

Thanks for the homework.. I'll check out those options.
Bill

Jimbo

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1260 ... 921x00003a

http://www.toolsource.com/heater-access ... id=froogle

Then make a thermostat for it with a wall thermostat for a baseboard heater.

The blue blower with fan and heater move 300 cfm...so the heat gets distributed through the van.

Drape a couple of moving blankets over your cleaning unit...leaving one side up a bit to force the heat into...set the thermostat up...you should be good to go after removing any and all tools that have water in them...at least keeping them a foot from any exterior wall of the van.

Take your advice from folks who live where it's really cold.

I may sound crazy but when our heaters will not keep up we fire the van up and leave the van heater on high all night long. After spending thousands in repairs I am not willing to risk damages again. We can run the van all night on a 1/4 tank of fuel. The equipment will not freeze now! We used to rent a heated shop year round but found it is cheaper to do it this way for the few weeks a year it is below 25 out. We use our vans everyday and the whole winterizing thing seems like a lot of work to me. If you are working everyday, a 1/4 tank of fuel is nothing. I am just not sure about the wear on the van motor though......time will tell.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom