Portable or Encap

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Where I live now there are a Sh pot full of high rise buildings...apartments, Condos and other.

Which would you use more often to get to the "un-reachable" ones?

Well crap, I'm not a Mod anymore so I guess I can't do a poll.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I would be leary about encapping an apartment. What about a steamin demon? I Hate setting up a porty but that may be the best way. I am really curious about the cfx by rotovac. If you added a pump to that, I bet it would work well with a wand.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I'm looking into apartment strategies myself. I don't think I could live with myself (or anyone here), if I encapped apartments. I will be going with a porty. The issue seems to be dragging all the stuff in. I have found this cart, and am thinking about utilizing it to get everything upstairs. It should hold everything needed other than the portable, and will look professional. 2 items to wheel in and out. I think the hanging bag will be perfect for a set of hoses. Hope this helps.

http://www.jondon.com/catalog/product_i ... 6111f6b6fa

CT-JC-EA.jpg

G

OP machine & some Snake Oil.

Mr Jeremy Sir

Will not the OP machine cause the carpet tips to blossom like the lotus flowers in New Dehli?

And will the Snake Oil turn to powder and blow into air like the dust on the Deccan plains? Or will it harden like the heart of Shiva when he contemplates the fate of mankind?

Namaste

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Encap is commercial only, Padcap is residential and commercial.

Talk to Jeremy, he will string you along the way.

Greenie

You want a fiddy center solution, or the whole nine yards?

Cause a decent high Perf. $2000 Porty would be the obvious answer, just spend the extra $300 and get a quality wand not the POS that comes with most units.
Better yet spend the extra $500 and get the cadillac of porties and challenge your TMs cleaning ability on the 15th floor.

Did ya grab one of those $99 scrubbers I posted awhile back?

Mytee makes SlimLine hydroforce sprayers, works great with a 500 psi porty.

50' of SuperFlex 2" hose does alot of work even if you choose the non- auto fill non-pump out model.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I won't be doing them myself. I have a guy who does Brush and Bonnet and a couple of guys with a porty.

I think a good process for apts are both..porty first and then bonnet after with some kind of Brush and Bonnet solution.
That's kinda how Chem-sly used to do it.

Just wanted to get the general opinion here.
Thanks

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Apartments are one thing, but a nice higher end condo is another.

We padcap the condos with an orbit and argosheen or encap juice boosted with H202. They come out very nice everytime. I padcap my poly crap carpet and it comes out great.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
I try to Padcap as many as possible but use the porty for urine & after the 3rd Padcap, you need both systems.

Name
Nate W.
In all seriousness, seems like your business model is close to Greg Cole's. And if your not doing the work, WTH would it matter?? :lol:

Just ribbing ya B... :wink:

You should look at commercial maintenance for the high rises. That means written contracts spelling out of the responsibilities; tons of interim cleanings at low prices; having security clearances; knowing something about their janitorial company; and so much more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom