Portable or Orbital

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
One of my property managers just picked up a bunch of properties in a complex that is not accessible with truckmount. I don't want to lose the account and am trying to figure out the best way to service these jobs. OP has been talked about alot lately, comparing to truckmount, how do the results compare to a portable?

FredC

Village Idiot
Before you take any action though...please define:

"not accessible with truckmount"

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
Units are on fourth and building is set up where the front doors are inside the building (hotel style). I currently don't have a rotary extractor, in heavy soil I prescrub with 175 and the wand extract.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Units are on fourth and building is set up where the front doors are inside the building.

can't go thru a window??
We do a 7 story building and that's how we run it.
Drop a line down and pull the hoses up

To answer your question OP or porty, you'll be better off with a porty.
You already have a rotary to scrub with.
With roto scrub and a porty and you'll be doing better work than 86.93% of the TM guys and better work than 100% of the OP'ers.

plus a porty is more versatile ..use it for upl cleaning and save gas/run time on TM, or if two man crew boost production by having the TM clean carpet and porty on the upl.
Detail cars , back-up unit for TM down time, etc

side note, if the units aren't bad, you can always bonnet clean them with your rotary now
(Chem Lie and Heaven's Best has been doing that forever)

get the porty and don't buy into the OP hype ..cause unless you see mostly low loop pile/com carpet (the only place OP is "decent" ) you'll be very disappointed
Especially if you currently roto scrub and TM flush/rinse extract the bad ones as you say you do

.L.T.A.

Reactions: hogjowl

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd use your 175 and loopy pads, get some of Vacaway's chems and see what you think.
If it's doing what you want no need for OP, if it's close the maybe buy an OP machine.

I'd drop hose from 4-floors as Larry mentioned before I'd use a Portable....they suck!

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Get a used porty nothing fancy, you will have to use it sooner or later(think of it as a back up). Large upholstery jobs portys work very well.

You have the 175 to scrub, if needed.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I'd use your 175 and loopy pads, get some of Vacaway's chems and see what you think.
If it's doing what you want no need for OP, if it's close the maybe buy an OP machine.

I'd drop hose from 4-floors as Larry mentioned before I'd use a Portable....they suck!
I have a 1003 dx from mytee and that thing is awesome for a highrise hotel we service. I think a porty is the way to go. mot to mention that but a porty cando other stuff like upholstery , rugs, and be a general back up unit to the tm

Name
Steve Lawrence
When you're used to TM convenience, speed, effectiveness and your profit margin and prices are based on those numbers, going to a porty doubles your labor time and reduces your ability. I don't know how this can be worked into a profitable picture.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have a 1003 dx from mytee and that thing is awesome for a highrise hotel we service. I think a porty is the way to go. mot to mention that but a porty cando other stuff like upholstery , rugs, and be a general back up unit to the tm
Sounds like a pretty good machine, how well do you think it would do from a four story fall? :eekk: :icon_twisted::lol:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Sounds like a pretty good machine, how well do you think it would do from a four story fall? :eekk: :icon_twisted::lol:
here comes chavez the porty nazi attending his latest book buring.:smile:
Now im not saying that a portable is the beacon of efficiantcy and profitable but I will say every serious cleaner should have one. I think the op machine would have alot of advantage in this situation but if you dont have a portable yet you should probly get one before an op. What if there is a water leak in those units? what if there is pet urine? what if he gets the occasional unit that is sooo trashed out an op wont cut it? Like I said porties have really helped me even though we use them maybe once or twice a month. I just got a chain of kay jewlers to clean in the mall that will pay for our porty in 1 year and a tm is not an option as it would be an almost 700 ft hose run and even then security wouldnt let you have a door open. not to mention my highrise hotel I have cleaned vomit in almost every other month, lets see someone clean vomit with an op. Im just sayin if you dont have a porty get a porty that at leat has dual 3 stage vacs before an op machine it will be an all around better addition

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
He needs both. It will be a good investment in his business and will pay for itself in a fairly short time.

Though, soon I am coming up with the patent pending Porbital, which may solve all your problems in one fell swoop.

6500 square feet per 15 minutes. Disinfects. Actually it....Dis'es everything. And rumor has it that people just dump their Vortexes by the side of the road in droves, once they find out about this latest advance in cleaning. It will set you back only.........shall we say your first born.

Maybe it solves my financial condition too?

Sir Rich Chavez bought one :eekk:

Last edited:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
The TruckPort would get the job done nicely.
500 psi - 225" of waterlift - 2000 watt heater - 12 gal solution and recovery - $2279

http://www.excellent-supply.com/TruckPort-Extractor_p_345.html

P.S. 225" of waterlift is excellent in a porty and will satisfy your needs!

truckport-half-page.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom