Porty guy wants a single jet wand with 10 flow..

Mikey P

Administrator
He's been at it for 30 plus years using inexpensive 100 PSI 2 stage vac portables and wants to order a customized hydrohoe from me and insisting that he's always used 10 flow.

He says he can do about 300 ft per tank full but I don't know what the tank full means...

If any of you heard of this before?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
He's been at it for 30 plus years using inexpensive 100 PSI 2 stage vac portables and wants to order a customized hydrohoe from me and insisting that he's always used 10 flow.

He says he can do about 300 ft per tank full but I don't know what the tank full means...

He is probably getting 30-50 psi at a 10 flow. Good for rinsing as long as you do a good prespray and agitate with a 175 or crb. I've done that in the past but now prefer 400 psi at a 3-4 flow. Blasts the dirt from the carpet. Still have to use the crb sometimes.

Reactions: Austin Willoughby

Mikey P

Administrator
He is probably getting 30-50 psi at a 10 flow. Good for rinsing as long as you do a good prespray and agitate with a 175 or crb. I've done that in the past but now prefer 400 psi at a 3-4 flow. Blasts the dirt from the carpet. Still have to use the crb sometimes.
Well I can only get him an 8 flow and tinted to include a four flow that comes stock with that wand..

SamIam

Name
sam miller

I would guess 300 sq ft for 10 gal of solution tank, we used a single 8 flow jet with a 100 psi pump on our serva steam.

Reactions: Austin Willoughby

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

Yep. Back in the late 70s through the early 80s.

Things were so different then I wonder if I dreamed it all.

Reactions: SamIam

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Now I'm wondering what my single jet junker wand was jetted at that that was hooked up to @SamIam's portable..

Likely a "10"

I could regale you with so many "Old Guy" stories on how we (mis)used things, but reminscing is the lowest form of conversation, and I do it too often.

What I prefer to do is to look ahead on making things better. I am looking at chemistry for VLM cleaning of upholstery and rugs that can help protect dyes and textures from damage during cleaning right now, as an example.

Perhaps that will bring some redemption for the horrible things I did as a cleaner nearly half a century ago.

Mikey P

Administrator
Likely a "10"

I could regale you with so many "Old Guy" stories on how we (mis)used things, but reminscing is the lowest form of conversation, and I do it too often.

What I prefer to do is to look ahead on making things better. I am looking at chemistry for VLM cleaning of upholstery and rugs that can help protect dyes and textures from damage during cleaning right now, as an example.

Perhaps that will bring some redemption for the horrible things I did as a cleaner nearly half a century ago.
Maybe I need to revist the past with a 100 psi single two stage and see what 10 flow does.

These guys usually dont want a Glide as it removes their only sorce of aggitation, it could beanother few years or never as they old school dies off, or become school janitors.

scotty747

I got two sitting in the corner of my shed. I'v thrown away at least two. No idea where i even got em.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom