Porty Hack VS Op Hack

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Freds thread got me thinking. If you only need a porty or op for an occassional high rise or a hard to reach commercial carpet, what is better. Both situations should have low to moderate soil loads. I recently bought a low end jiggle pad machine used and have been using it for the same reasons as fred needs. I am surprised how good the op works on cgd and good(not as good as my butler) on residental carpet. I only use it once a month and couldn't be happier.( 4th story apartments, long hallways out of reach of my truck, etc) A porty with a 175, seems like a lot of extra work.

OP is so much faster and easer than a porty. The only problem is the ocasional job were the old lady or man couldn't make it to the bathroom on time. Or when the cat or dog pukes all over and takes a dump. But for just regular dirt cleaning , it's a great tool. Make sure you get some glad pads, and use a glider on nylon carpet so you don't tip bloom.

Bob Foster

Just the other day I OPed a Tabris and it only took me about 10 minutes. I just had the homeowner stand on the carpet so it wouldn't move around on me too much.

Came out real nice don't you think?

tabriz.jpg

Not! OP as a last resort only because you really can't use a portable. And some things you should use neither on.

Walt

Bob Foster said:
Just the other day I OPed a Tabris and it only took me about 10 minutes. I just had the homeowner stand on the carpet so it wouldn't move around on me too much.

Came out real nice don't you think?[/img]

:lol: :lol: :lol: I just about choked on a cinnamon roll I was eating!

Not! OP as a last resort only because you really can't use a portable. And some things you should use neither on.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Well I suppose I should chime in on this one.

I would rather have an OP...of course

Because

Less expensive
takes up less room
Not as noisy

Oh, and it's easier, faster, prettier, more convenient for you AND your customer and helps you to get the carpet clean....just like the porty or TM

In my opinion it's more professional than a porty because of some of the above reasons as well.

Using the right chems make all the difference in the world too....again, just like a porty or TM

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I was ready for some good ol fashioned debating too.

Where's Harper when you need him?

:mrgreen:

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
The more Bullshit like Bob's above comment I read on this board the less I want to visit... You can do a lot more with OP & other VLM methods than most steam cleaners will admit. In fact, in some situations it's a better alternative. That's not to say that OP machine are going to replace truckmounts by any means...

I just get sick of poeple knocking methods they dont use because they haven't taken the time to learn how and when to employ them properly. These people will never be carpet ninjas...

Bob Foster

I own all of them and use all of them. Some are better suited to the customer's best interests in getting their carpet as clean as possible.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
IDGAS as long as:
1- My customer is delighted
2- I get paid
3- They call me back

And Brian, as usual:

fos.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I know that when I used my porty years ago it took me a hell of a lot longer than OP to get the same results.

Unless you have the super porty I would imagine you would get the same results.

But who the hell wants to lug that around all day AND put up with hoses and crap?

Better off buying an electromount than a porty....at least the machine stays in the van.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Lyman said:
I am surprised how good the op works on cgd and good(not as good as my butler) on residental carpet.

I think you nailed it right there, Lyman.
They can do a damn fine job on CGD.
their downfall is on soiled cut pile...you just can't be as aggressive .
or you turn it into (as I heard it described once) "Don King's hair doo" .... :shock: :mrgreen:

there's the PITA factor of washing dirty pads too.
and you have to "hide" the fresh washed (but dirty "looking" ones) from Mrs Phiff
or she'll think you're bringing in a bucket of "dirty towels" wipe he carpets with

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
For the dirty stuff using the OP I will use an agiclean pad first that won't tip bloom the carpet.

It's pretty agressive without being damaging.

Then I will go over the areas with an absorbent pad.

Works like a charm.

But we are back to the fact that the chems do most of the work anyway.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Wipe my ass or use a bidet to splash the gravy and nuggets off? ( not to mention how um, refreshing the cold water can be)
Which way will I end up with less willnots? Which is more sanitary?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Brian R said:
Huh?

Are you saying you like water up yer arse?

Don't you? :roll: It was a simple comparison that amplified the difference between "wiping" and "rinsing" skack off an object. The object was the Brian, um, anus.(Hard to separate those two. :p ) Water under pressure will get places and into nooks and crannies wiping cannot, eliminating bacon strips.
Please Note - I like pulling Brian's chain. Do not think graphically about this post as it may induce nausea. If it does, you shouldn't be a carpet cleaner.Send me all of your equipment.

Name
Lee Stockwell
A hack is someone who doesn't have BOTH an OP and porty, along with several other tools.

...and a great truckmount for 90% of the work.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Willy, if you dry your arse with a vacuum hose then you might have a point. :lol:

Be as it may, most will towel off the moisture after the "clean". !gotcha!

I'm going to have to find an old article I read about how most of the germs and crap that you get on your hands comes off in the drying process with towels and not from the initial hand cleaning.

It was an article about bathroom blowers and how they cause more harm than good because most of the hands being dried were still bacteria ridden.

Just sayin....Did you catch the "towel off" part?

Disclaimer: The analogies that are made about showering and leaving soap in your hair and washing your butt with soap and water are horrible analogies of carpet cleaning. The hair on your head and on your butt is not carpet and does not resemble carpet.

Thank you

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom