possible reappearring stain

when cleaning at custy home, and you come to a possible wick back stain, wether its a tannin or other, what are the steps you guys are taking to prevent call backs especially olefin berber carpets?

G

Sorry about the board monkey Josh,I think they are on comission,anyway with your question,more dry strokes, fans,acid rinse,more fans,the more moisture you pull out the better.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
I would invite you to become a supportive member and read this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=594

'Dink, that thread is for scrub 'n run the encRap sCampooers

when cleaning at custy home, and you come to a possible wick back stain, wether its a tannin or other, what are the steps you guys are taking to prevent call backs especially olefin berber carpets?

first off , 97.3% of wicking probs are due to poor technique.

here's a little tip we use to help prevent wicking on possible problem spills.
often times spills/spotted areas will disappear after pre-spray has had some dwell time.
(especially on berber)
we mark those spots when pre-spraying. Generally by dropping a coin on 'em.
That makes us aware to give a more thorough flush/rinse extract to that area.

Most wicking happens cause you havn't flush/rinse extracted the gunk out well enough.

There are also products developed by chem manufactures to aid the dudes that have poor technique.
IMO, the dudes that use that junk should learn to remove the gunk from the carpet instead of adding more pixie dust gUnk to make up for poor technique

Recurring spots (a week/month latter) are another matter and not the same as wicking (happens between cleaning and time it dries)
Not the same to me anyway.

the method to rid a recurring spot is the same as wicking prevent procedures (flush rinse extracting the gunk out) but can be more difficult depending on carpet type, what was spilled and how much/how deep

..L.T.A.

G

prestige cleaner said:
would the judson rinse be considered an acid rinse if not which would you recommend Kevin?
I am not sure,but I think it is fairly neutral,like Larry said you want to rinse it well and do alot of dry strokes.Also I like using an oxy agent in my pre treat,helps brighten them up.

In many cases wicking is due from poor cleaning habits. With Olephin is cleaned u should use a Olephin prespray as many other presprays will do no good at all. Learn about useing a Non ionic cleaner on a non ionic carpet.

Stains that come back after it dries are on u stains the re appear months later are on the padding.

If it is a water stain that u see then clean and it disappears only to re appear after drying might be helped from useing a nuetral cleaner followed by a rapid dry for best results.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
the stains that give me the wicking or reappearing are old water damage stains or shadows, what is the best way to remove these for good so that they dont come back days or weeks later?

dealtimeman said:
the stains that give me the wicking or reappearing are old water damage stains or shadows, what is the best way to remove these for good so that they dont come back days or weeks later?

A visable water stain that disappears after clean only to reappear when it dries can be difficult.A nuetral cleaner like all fiber rinse followed with an overspray over less diluted fiber rinse and then a rapid dry with air mover will give best results.

If this stain reappears weeks later then i dought its a water stain but u never know. I would clean both sides of the carpet with the fiber rinse and replace the pad in the infected area.

Name
I'm Rick James
meAt said:
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
I would invite you to become a supportive member and read this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=594

'Dink, that thread is for scrub 'n run the encRap sCampooers

first off , 97.3% of wicking probs are due to poor technique.

here's a little tip we use to help prevent wicking on possible problem spills.
often times spills/spotted areas will disappear after pre-spray has had some dwell time.
(especially on berber)
we mark those spots when pre-spraying. Generally by dropping a coin on 'em.
That makes us aware to give a more thorough flush/rinse extract to that area.

Most wicking happens cause you havn't flush/rinse extracted the gunk out well enough.

There are also products developed by chem manufactures to aid the dudes that have poor technique.
IMO, the dudes that use that junk should learn to remove the gunk from the carpet instead of adding more pixie dust gUnk to make up for poor technique

Recurring spots (a week/month latter) are another matter and not the same as wicking (happens between cleaning and time it dries)
Not the same to me anyway.

the method to rid a recurring spot is the same as wicking prevent procedures (flush rinse extracting the gunk out) but can be more difficult depending on carpet type, what was spilled and how much/how deep

..L.T.A.

97.3% huh. Thanks for the break down. :wink:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
lance it is commercial glue down and the previous company has been trying for about a year to get it out and they have only made it worse.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
dealtimeman said:
lance it is commercial glue down and the previous company has been trying for about a year to get it out and they have only made it worse.

he asked about residential.
So is this a loop pile in a kitchen?

what was spilled?
a pot of grease?

..L.T.A.

dealtimeman said:

All u can try is the nuetral rinse and rapid dry then. Not all water stains are removable. The water and anything it came in contact with with cleaning methods all play a part in the ability to remove.

If it disappears whene cleaned then try the nuetral rinse and rapid dry.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Those instructions were written for COMMERCIAL glue down carpet. Commercial glue down (CGD) carpet tends to wick. So when Mikey copied my instructions he was giving advice that has been tested in the commercial field countless times. This approach works really well for recurring spill stains on CGD! Completely solves the problem 99% of the time.
http://www.mikeysboard.com/forum/viewto ... f=27&t=594

On the other hand Meat is right --- on "residential" carpeting, you should be able to thoroughly flush/rinse the spot sufficiently (perhaps using a Claw). However, olefin Berber often times presents its own wicking issues --- so this "commercial" technique might still be helpful.

CM Magazine also published my spill fixing instructions a few years ago...
http://www.cmmonline.com/article.asp?IndexID=6635489

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom