Post Heater

jeg1983

I have a old HydraMaster aqua-cat with 1000hrs that has exhaust exchanger. With my 4 jet wand with 12 flow the heat will not even maintain 100 degree's . But when using my 1 jet upholstery tool it stays at about 190. Can I add my little giant heater to this to get the heat I would like? The reason I am not sure is because of the hot water dump thing that goes into the waste tank? Also in the manual for this truck mount it says that is suppose to run at a max of 12" of lift yet It has been running at 15" of list with the hose capped off if this something that is not good for the truck mount? Can I adjust the vac relief to get it to 12" I have never messed with a vac relife before so I am kinda clueless on this one.

Thanks for any opinions in advance.
Jamie

Greenie

Move the hot water dump thing to your fresh tank or if your float box is large enough, move it there. At 12 flow you'll be tearing through the solution fast enough you won't have much back log. Turn teh machine down when you clean Uph., even 300-400 rpms can really take the edge off your heat.

To answer your question, yes a small post heater (ie: 65K btu) will serve well.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
It has been awhile since I have seen a aquacat. What size engine and blower? I thought the aqua had a 20 hp and a 4mp blower which should be ok till 15-16hg.
On the heater issue I don't think you will have the dump issue if you are running 12 flow and pipe the water through the heat exchanger then the heater. The heater should only fire when needed and your heat exchangers will only dump if they get too hot.

jeg1983

I already have a 3ht so I was going to be using that one. I dunno if the thing is dumping right now when it gets to hot. Yesterday was the hottest I have seen it get at 230 atm, using my drimaster upholstery tool. So I will be OK using the 3ht? It will go from the water box to the little giant right? As far as one hose coming in from the water box and the other hose out to the male QC on the front of the machine. So I really should not have to worry about the water dump thing to much anyways I'm thinking, could be wrong though... thanks for all the info!

Jamie

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
no, run your solution line from the machine to the little giant and out to your and.

Kelly

I've personally always just run a hose to the little giant from the front of the machine Makes it easy to service and I'm able to put the propane heater anywhere I want to in the vehicle. Then just leave a nice little hose to clip on to coming off the propane heater and you can put that one anywhere you want too. Good luck with the experiment!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom