Post padding

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have only recently started post padding some of my jobs. Nasty Berber and CGD mostly. How many Sq. Ft do you pad before flipping or changing the pad? For example how many Sq. Ft. on CGD with a 17” bonnet?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you are HWEing before it then you can hang onto that pad for a good while...maybe 500 sqft or better.

Depends on how well you could HWE it.

Mikey P

Administrator
Unlike most OPonly guys, you should probabaly look at the pad every so often and flip it when it gets dirty.

On Commercial it can be jet black in 20 RPMS.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I don’t really pick up any dirt on the pad so, I must be getting a good extraction. Is the idea of post paddings not so much to dry the carpet with a bonnet but to make the moisture uniform?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The padding also helps with the stuff you don't see as well. The sticky stuff that becomes a spot again later.
Also helps with wicking.

It allows you to go a little quicker with the wand, and the padding also helps prevent bubbles or wrinkles.

And you can use it to let the customer know that they are getting the best 2 stage cleaning available.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you have to work too hard on glue down, steaming the hell out of it and using powerful presprays, I have seen the wrinkles that turn into holes if not fixed.

Your bringing down the heat and solution and increasing the agitation...you know how that works, right porky?

My local UPS store used a guy who ruined the carpet because of this.

Greenie

You don't even get a "gray" pad?

Hard to believe you are getting it That clean each and every time.

Try a Cotton bonnet/pad and report back.

Back
Top Bottom