post your web link

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
brent said:
Also never steal or copy stuff from another companies website like pics or content and use it for your own that is a very bad idea. A local company here did it and got caught. Ooops......
What happened to them? Think I should sue? or at least ask him to remove my content?

It is a nice site. Very simple and clean, easy to read.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
FCC said:
brent said:
Also never steal or copy stuff from another companies website like pics or content and use it for your own that is a very bad idea. A local company here did it and got caught. Ooops......

To add to this ALWAYS watermark your images.....even the ones that you upload elsewhere (photobucket).....

found quite a few people using pics I've uploaded
latest one (red stain removal). Not planning on using those pics but JHC...show your own f'n work:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... 1%26um%3D1

what does a watermarked image look like??

Name
I'm Rick James
steve g said:
FCC said:
brent said:

To add to this ALWAYS watermark your images.....even the ones that you upload elsewhere (photobucket).....

found quite a few people using pics I've uploaded
latest one (red stain removal). Not planning on using those pics but JHC...show your own f'n work:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... 1%26um%3D1

what does a watermarked image look like??

I use the apple part on my logo for my watermark. Its an image or logo that blends in with the background but still noticable.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I run a droid phone when I need something, much of the time I don't even go upstairs to my computer. I just wip out the droid, its at my fingertips, the way we do business is about to forever be changed in the next couple years with the advent of smart phones.
One of the latest trends is to have a button on your site that says something like "optimized for mobile" that goes to a simplified section of your site that reads well on a small screen.

It's not that expensive to have a site made anymore, so your best use of time is probably making sure your web design matches the rest of your marketing materials.

PS: This site cost a little money, and is optimized by pros. http://www.daburns.com

This site cost $700. http://www.ccinw.org

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
It's also important or maybe more important to optimize your Google Local listing.

Since, they can come up before the organic listings on mobile devices.

Do it now before your competition figures it out.

Google local listing may become the new king.

Google is now testing the selling of the top 4 google local listings.

It will be a new revenue source simular to Adwords.

Since they don't make money on organic listings they will get less and less priority on the first page,

C

cory kenyon

Garrett,
Your wise to go with Mark and Andrechelle. They always go out of their way to help people out.
They should be charging more for what they do. They have helped several carpet cleaners on mikeys board, and ask
little in return. People shouldn't be a tight ass and try to do it themselves. They will build it, host it, make changes, give you suggestions,
etc. You would be hard pressed to find anybody in the industry that knows as much as they do in carpet cleaning and in
websites. EVERYBODY here needs to support them and the other sponsors here. It's their livelihood not a hobby. Just like us
cleaning for people. We do it to pay the bills not doing just for the hell of it. My sites are still under construction. I still need to send
pics and text.
http://www.utahcarpetclean.com
http://www.saltlakecarpetclean.com
Cory

Albert Lazo said:
I have seen some nice sites and some not so nice sites. I like this site because it has a nice flow and does a great job convincing the customer to pick up the phone and call. I think something like this might work for you or atleast you can get some ideas.

http://www.rugrunnercarpetcleaning.com/

Wow, I agree, that site has everything. Visually appealing, the offer, great message. I want that Mike dude to clean my carpet. and it's all in one page too. It loads beautifully too. Great use of flash, javascript, simple but very effective. Needs a little seo but no big deal. I'd want that person building my site.

Albert

You like the site because you are an owner operator as this guy is. He works it to his advantage by saying that as an owner operator he doesn't have all the expense and overhead a franchise does and that he will actually do a quality job. I noticed that he cleans tile and upnholstery as well but does not go into detail. I personally think a site that is short and to the point makes it easier for the consumer to comprehend what you are saying.

I thought I had a great referral program but now I feel like I am whoring myself out. Plus my customers are not following the program correctly. Basically I either give them some referral cards or mail them some with reminder cards. They sign their name and pass them out to anyone they like. The person they pass them out to can use the card to get 20 dollars off their cleaning. When I collect a card I see the name on it and sign the card and mail it back to the customer. They can collect as many as they like as long as it is for a first time customer and use them to get 20 off as well. It sounds simple but only a few people have done it correctly. Usually they hand me a card because it says 20 dollars off. I think you are supposed to pass it out and be rewarded for your referral. Atleas they work by getting people to call. I have went back to just handing business cards out and saying thanks for the referral. So sometimes simple is better.

Also here is a site that I have no clue what they are trying to say. It is all over the place and just too much info.
Maybe Mikey knows who they are. I see they service Santa Cruz.

http://www.carpetfresh.com/

clean one

I tried doing my own , just leave it to the pros @ andrechelle.com i'm all the time getting calls from someone that said they found me on the internet. Mark and Andrechelle are great to work with. I'm glad they are on my side

Now i really need to get to work on my blog

www.carpetmagicofwilson.com

C

cory kenyon

I can't complain. I'm on the first page of google, and have been for awhile.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Since they don't make money on organic listings they will get less and less priority on the first page,

Bummer, It's possible that this will eventually happen. One big yellowpage. SEO won't mean crap anymore.

Albert

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
SEO is turning into local web credibility is what matters.

Time are a changing it's not just keywords and back links anymore.

Reviews and links to local associations and directories will turn you into a top player.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Yawn...

www.bensurdi.com

www.nwgreenclean.com

Steve, no offense to andrelle or whoever, but have you looked at the work shes done? It's kind of outdated and lacks that sophisticated appeal in my own personal opinion. She has done a few nice looking sites though.. so i guess you'll see whatcha get!

bensurdi said:
have you looked at the work shes done? It's kind of outdated and lacks that sophisticated appeal in my own personal opinion. She has done a few nice looking sites though.. so i guess you'll see whatcha get!

I have noticed you have made derogatory remarks about Andrechelle multiple times now, very unprofessional for a "competitor" to make such remarks. Do you talk shit about your local carpet cleaners too?
Very revealing about your character.

First off, some of the websites are outdated, some being designed early and mid 2000's (some even in the 90's!).
Second, not everyone wants, needs, or can afford a $3000 website. We have packages starting at about $150!
Third, and most important, Andrechelle's websites WORK. They rank well, and get phones to ring.

Keep in mind, most clients dictate to us what they want their website to look like, modeled after other websites they like, or to match their marketing material, or whatever. Andrechelle can make a site to look however the customer wants.

And in many cases, for clients with a limited budget, it is recommended that most of the funds go toward seo and Internet marketing rather than graphic design.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
bensurdi said:
Yawn...
Steve, no offense to andrelle or whoever, but have you looked at the work shes done? It's kind of outdated and lacks that sophisticated appeal in my own personal opinion. She has done a few nice looking sites though.. so i guess you'll see whatcha get!

Definition: I like Tre

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
bensurdi said:
Yawn...

http://www.bensurdi.com

http://www.nwgreenclean.com

"No one cleans like us" ... "can't beat our patented cleaning process"
Wanna bet? :wink:

Hey Ben, did you just revamp your whole website from a month or so ago?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the reason why I went with andrechelle over others is because it looks to me like they have a set system for handling customers, they have packages and options. I started another company with a partner and he had a buddy that "did websites" and the site sucks and it ended up costing alot more money than was originally quoted. it also took freakin forever to get it done, like over 6 mos. this guy was supposed to be a pro and does work for Hyundai and some other very large companies. so I wanted someone established, someone who does this all the time.

I think as them being sponsors of this board and being out there in the public eye, I am confident one way or the other I will end up happy. I do agree some of their stuff does look dated, but the important thing is I KNOW what I am looking for, I spent nearly a day looking at tons of sites and picked some ideas from them that I want on mine. mine is not going to be a dated looking site, it will be simple and easy to read, something I think alot of people miss out on, carpet cleaners try to say too much. sometimes less is more.

ben, I like your own site, it has a fresh and clean look, however I still think it has too much on it.

and lastly the packages they have are affordable, if I am not happy for some reason I am out 500 bucks, not 2 grand.

Name
I'm Rick James
bensurdi said:
Yawn...

http://www.bensurdi.com

http://www.nwgreenclean.com

So what do you think of my site?

You ever make the changes to your site I mentioned?

Name
I'm Rick James
MarkCermak said:
bensurdi said:
have you looked at the work shes done? It's kind of outdated and lacks that sophisticated appeal in my own personal opinion. She has done a few nice looking sites though.. so i guess you'll see whatcha get!

I have noticed you have made derogatory remarks about Andrechelle multiple times now, very unprofessional for a "competitor" to make such remarks. Do you talk shit about your local carpet cleaners too?
Very revealing about your character.

First off, some of the websites are outdated, some being designed early and mid 2000's (some even in the 90's!).
Second, not everyone wants, needs, or can afford a $3000 website. We have packages starting at about $150!
Third, and most important, Andrechelle's websites WORK. They rank well, and get phones to ring.

Keep in mind, most clients dictate to us what they want their website to look like, modeled after other websites they like, or to match their marketing material, or whatever. Andrechelle can make a site to look however the customer wants.

And in many cases, for clients with a limited budget, it is recommended that most of the funds go toward seo and Internet marketing rather than graphic design.

Boy I sure hope not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom