Powder vs liquid

NJ104

Name
Juan
Which yields more a prespray or all fiber rince powder or the liquid version. I was at my local supply house and they only had a all fiber time in powder. Which made me think will I get more gallons out of a powder versus a liquid ?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Which yields more a prespray or all fiber rince powder or the liquid version. I was at my local supply house and they only had a all fiber time in powder. Which made me think will I get more gallons out of a powder versus a liquid ?
I like liquid over powder. It might cost a little more, but I see better cleaning results

Correct me if I'm wrong soap salesmen who's reading this, but liquid has more citrus that actually cleans vs the citrus in the powder that only provides the smell. And the liquid that has a ph of 8-9 has a better results over a powder with a ph of 12-14.

Keep in mind this is for cleaning normal soiling. If you clean trashed commercial, you need to mix in a higher ph powder and add soy (butyl) liquid and maybe a splash of some citrus

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

Two different questions.

Are you asking concerning rinse agents or presprays?

All Fiber Rinse Liquid and All Fiber Rinse Powder are somewhat different products (bad name choice in the powder).

All Fiber Rinse Liquid is primarily used for neutralizing alkaline presprays or residues, preventing browning on cellulose fibers, limiting color bleeding, and leaving pile fabrics with a salt hand....as well as assisting in the rinsing process.

All Fiber Powder has a mildly acidic pH, will somewhat neutralize alkaline cleaners, may restrict browning or bleeding, and won’t assist in the rinsing process. It is, however, also a cleaning agent, which All Fiber Rinse Liquid is not.

Last edited:

NJ104

Name
Juan
Two different questions.

Are you asking concerning rinse agents or presprays?

All Fiber Rinse Liquid and All Fiber Rinse Powder are somwjat different products (bad name choice in the powder).

All Fiber Rinse Liquid is primarily used for neutralizing alkaline presprays or residues, preventing browning on cellulose fibers, limiting color bleeding, and leaving pile fabrics with a salt hand....as well as assisting in the rinsing process.

All Fiber Powder has a mildly acidic pH, will somewhat neutralize alkaline cleaners, may restrict browning or bleeding, and won’t assist in the rinsing process. It is, however, also a cleaning agent, which All Fiber Rinse Liquid is not.
I was wondering on both. I was on a site and saw prochem had a powder all fiber time in powder form. That had me wondering if it would yeild more in powder then liquid. I did not know that the powder was more on the acid side then the liquid.

Luky

Name
Mario
I was wondering on both. I was on a site and saw prochem had a powder all fiber time in powder form. That had me wondering if it would yeild more in powder than liquid. I did not know that the powder was more on the acid side than the liquid.
Prochem Axiom free rinse liquid does it for me, I love the scent.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I was wondering on both. I was on a site and saw prochem had a powder all fiber time in powder form. That had me wondering if it would yeild more in powder then liquid. I did not know that the powder was more on the acid side then the liquid.

I’m sorry that I wasn’t more clear.

All Fiber Rinse Liquid is more acidic than All Fiber Rinse Powder.

If you are cleaning natural fiber upholstery that might brown or bleed, you are safer to use All Fiber Rinse Liquid.

All Fiber Rinse Powder is more helpful when cleaning carpet, as it has enough cleaning power to help remove soil in areas that don’t have oily residues or protein based spots that respond better to prespray products that are alkaline.

Mikey P

Administrator

If you are cleaning natural fiber upholstery that might brown or bleed, you are safer to use All Fiber Rinse Liquid.

All Fiber Rinse Powder is more helpful when cleaning carpet, as it has enough cleaning power to help remove soil in areas that don’t have oily residues or protein based spots that respond better to prespray products that are alkaline.
The powder does not store/ age well...

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I generally use half the prescribed amount 32 to a 5 gal metered at 2 gph.

I use 16 metered at 3-4 gph.

Powdered pre spray all day for economy,

If you need solvency you can boost with citrus or hArvards soy booster.

Or even a alkaline tile and grout cleaner.

Reactions: Mikey P

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
The powder does not store/ age well...
I was getting ready to point that out. My jar , not old , has turned into a brick.

I like Pro Chem Deep Clean. a liquid. However my interlink does not stock it . I prefer the smell( personal preference) and it is BLUE !!!vs. the green of PC All fiber! LOL!! 😜

i don't use day to day. I carried it for a rinse agent when getting rid of harsh stuff causing chem damage I was getting ready to try and correct.

But, it's label implies some cleaning attributes. Hopefully the Manufacturer is not lying about it. ( that will be the day!!🙂)

OH, not what you were really asking. !! but, what happens here often! lOL!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I was getting ready to point that out. My jar , not old , has turned into a brick.

I like Pro Chem Deep Clean. a liquid. However my interlink does not stock it . I prefer the smell( personal preference) and it is BLUE !!!vs. the green of PC All fiber! LOL!! 😜

i don't use day to day. I carried it for a rinse agent when getting rid of harsh stuff causing chem damage I was getting ready to try and correct.

But, it's label implies some cleaning attributes. Hopefully the Manufacturer is not lying about it. ( that will be the day!!🙂)

OH, not what you were really asking. !! but, what happens here often! lOL!

I am recommending our customers to switch to All Fiber Deep Clean too. It doesn't have quite the cleaning power as All Fiber Rinse Powder, but its close, and it really is much easier to work with.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
All Fiber Deep Clean: 2.05 per ready to use gallon in your rinse container.

All Fiber Rinse Powder: 2.94 per ready to use gallon in your rinse container.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
There is an unexpected redeeming quality of powders:

They are harder for employees to overuse.

If your guy tries to use too much powder, it may not dissolve into a solution.

Liquids? A guy can glug away or use them straight without inconvenience

I compared product use in multi truck companies, and found this to be a fairly consistent truth.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
There is an unexpected redeeming quality of powders:

They are harder for employees to overuse.

If your guy tries to use too much powder, it may not dissolve into a solution.

Liquids? A guy can glug away or use them straight without inconvenience

I compared product use in multi truck companies, and found this to be a fairly consistent truth.
I use a lot of powders. I usually dissolve them with hot water, stirring with a stir stick in a pail before pouring it off into a hydro -force or other sprayer. I find powders seem to have more defoamers built in.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I use a lot of powders. I usually dissolve them with hot water, stirring with a stir stick in a pail before pouring it off into a hydro -force or other sprayer. I find powders seem to have more defoamers built in.

I agree.

Powders really do work better in hard water too. Its just a matter of convenience and potential waste versus performance.

Ever-Fresh

Name
Jeff Paton

I have always been disappointed in acid rinses since they stop the cleaning action and if you need to repeat a pass, it does not do much of anything. That is, until I tried Prochem All Fiber Rinse. This is the first acid rinse that still offers detergency that I tried. It changed my mind about acid rinses.

Upholstery, wool and berber were the only areas I used to keep an acid rinse for. I am now 80% acid rinse.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Ever-Fresh

Name
Jeff Paton
I loved Lockhart's trick to mixing in a hydroforce.. Put liquid/powder in HF, then use your HF gun and spray inside the jug.. Mixes while filling.. Genius!

Only thing that janitor taught me..
It didn't go that well for me!
1709736519251.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom