Power max?

I know some here use allot of this stuff. I have 3 questions for you...

1, what kind of rinse agent do you use with it, or can you use plain water and not have residue issues?
2, On Cobbs website it says after a rinse (unclear whether it's plain water or rinse agent) the ph is 9, so does that mean it's ok for nylon carpet?

3, Strong chemical smells or fumes give me migraines, also I like to used "safe" products for my customers. Is this stuff right for me?

I appreciate your help, thank you!! :D

Name
Nate W.
Padden McFadden said:

1, what kind of rinse agent do you use with it, or can you use plain water and not have residue issues?
2, On Cobbs website it says after a rinse (unclear whether it's plain water or rinse agent) the ph is 9, so does that mean it's ok for nylon carpet?

3, Strong chemical smells or fumes give me migraines, also I like to used "safe" products for my customers. Is this stuff right for me?

I've used it with plain tap water. No problems that I knew about. It was fine for nylon and had a pleasant smell to it. The dilution for pump/electric sprayers is rediculous IMHO. They say to use less, but why would the manufacture put 8oz per gallon if they had great success with 2oz per gallon? I don't get it. The price is cheaper if you live in the 48states. Between the dilution ratios and shipping of the product, it wasn't all that cheaper to use then other presprays. I've went through the jar like it was nothing.

Name
George Valliant
guess i been using it about 18 months now.

Clear water rinse.

No soil attracting residue that I'm aware of.

pleasant odor

can be used for tile/grout cleaning

it has deliminine, eznymes and color brightner built in.

economical. about 90'ish dollars for a 50 lb pail plus shipping. There's also a discount on shipping if ordered in quantity.

I don't know the safety rating but it does not kill cochroaches on contact like some stuff i used in the past. Hope that helps.

to boost brightning I add a couple ounces of Dynachem Powder Brightner and for pet odors I'll boost deodorizing by adding an ounce or two of Dynachem Cherry OdorSolve.

I set my heat for 170 degrees before mixing in the hydroforce and pre-spray at about 500 psi. Then, clear water rinse with greenhorn wand.

Works tit's-up for me!

Thanks for the info! :)

Nate, I just looked on the website and it says 3oz per gallon? Maybe it's a misprint, or they changed the dilution rate??

Carpet Cleaning fool, I'm curious to hear more about your deodorizing method. Seems simple, easy and I like it.
I assume your using this on just the mild pet urine jobs?

Am also wondering if power max by it's self will handle urine stains real well, due to the enzymes? It would be nice to just hose down a urine spotted carpet with pre spray and have it handle both stains and odor issues with out all the extra steps and products that I normally have to use.

Thanks again.

Name
Nate W.
Padden McFadden said:
Thanks for the info! :)

Nate, I just looked on the website and it says 3oz per gallon? Maybe it's a misprint, or they changed the dilution rate??

I bought it over a year ago, so maybe they changed it.

Name
George Valliant
I've had one complaint since switching to Cherry OdorSolve.

Five days after treating nasty cat piss smell the custy called and complained the cherry odor was too strong. So, I went back and gave it a killer rinse.

The tech working with me that day was unsure the dilution ratio so we accidently overdosed her. My bad...

frank

Name
frank pulido
I been using power max for over three years and fresh water with no residue problem, and I use only two oz normal cleaning and 4oz heavy soiled or a lot of pet stains

frank
www.pulidoscc.com

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I use it everyday. I have two sprayers that I use, one for powermax and one for dynachem best liquid. The liquid is supposed to leave less residue and smells incredible good. The powermax I use for carpets that are heavily soiled or for properties that resoiling is not an issue, such as rentals, foreclosures. Great stuff and free shipping with $300 dollar order. Suggestion for you, I collected a bunch of 20oz gatorade bottles. I use a scoop that correctly measures the correct ammount and pre-fill about 10 bottles at a time. Saves so much time compared to trying to scoop out 8 little scoops of it on the job site. If I want a higher dilution, which is rare, I will just under fill the hydroforce jug. I do the same for the liquid. I buy in buckets only and this saves so much time during the day and the amount I use is 100% accurate every time.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
frank said:
I been using power max for over three years and fresh water with no residue problem, and I use only two oz normal cleaning and 4oz heavy soiled or a lot of pet stains

frank
http://www.pulidoscc.com

ditto....

also i use a plastic measuring cup, screw scooping it out at 2oz a wack.. i been saving my 6lb tubs to scoop it out of the 45lb bucket

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Padden McFadden said:

Most of my customers use typical local water to rinse with.

Using a plain water rinse, the pH will be 8.5 to 9, depending on the local water pH.

The solvent we utilize is d-Limonene, which is a natural citrus solvent.

Very few people have adverse reactions to citrus solvent.

Larry

P.S. The variations in concentrations used per gallon are due to the differences between:
1. a Rug Doctor (26 PSI) and a
2. Fire-Breathing Big Blower Truckmount.

Larry Cobb said:
P.S. The variations in concentrations used per gallon are due to the differences between:
1. a Rug Doctor (26 PSI) and a
2. Fire-Breathing Big Blower Truckmount.
[/quote]

Thanks for chiming in Larry, But could you be any more vague?? Simple question , what is the dilution rate per gallon? No one here is using a rug doctor.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Entry-level portable - 8oz/ gallon
High-End portable - 5oz/ gallon
Entry-level TM - 3oz/ gallon
24 HP up TM -2oz/ gallon

Somebody just posted using PowerMax with an Entry-level portable.

Larry

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
lol what does different levels of TM have to do with anything????

hahahhaah

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom