PowerBurst or PowerStrike??

hanks75

I mainly do rentals and residentials. The residentials can be tough at times. Which prespray would you go with?

TimP

Whatever is cheaper......

As far as residential you shouldn't be using either unless you're doing rat nasty rentals.

If you're doing restaurants then powerburst is adequate. Powerstrike doesn't have the enzymes in it as far as I know, other wise I think they are about the same. In my opinion powerstrike works well on dirt soil that's not grease. Only you can really make the choice on what is better for you through experience. Buy both and find out.

Powerstrike. The smell still sucks..But,much more bearable compared to Powerburst. You can add some Citrus Solve if you encounter grease.

topnotchman

Energy has lots of solvents in it, and smells bad (think raid). Citrus solve obviously is a Citrus solvent that smells great. I like Citrus solve in a residential setting where the homeowner is present. I like energy on those nasties where its a vacant place, and can open up all the windows! Haven't used Energy that much but it seems like it cuts the hard to remove soil a bit easier then Citrus Solve, but I'm still testing it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
worth repeating

TimP said:
Buy both and find out.

and do side by side evaluations on a couple different type carpets and soils.
It's the best way to find out

BTW, does your local disty carry any DSC products?
I decided I needed to show my local disty a little more love.
I've re-kindled a new love affair with an old girlfriend..DSC Relief .
It's an emzyme pre-spray and must be mixed hot.
It has a specific temp range
(between 120 and 150 i "think")

we used it regularly 15-17 years ago and it kicked azz.
Then the price spiked over night and we stopped using it.
(I was an even broker dck then than I am now)

since all the other comparable chems have caught up, or surpassed it in price, it's competitive again.
We've been using it regularly for the ratholes again
if you feel the need for a d'lime spike, add some DSC Krush to the Relief for a "one-two" knock out punch

I'm not nutz over d'lime based pre-sprays due to more flushing required to rinse them fully, but Krush has a mild PH of 8 and pleasant non choking orange scent if you need a mild PH, but effective pre-spray.
albeit, like most d'limes, max dwell time is important to it's efficacy

..L.T.A.

tim

I use CTI Extreme Clean. It does not have to be mixed hot, 2 scoops a gallon, inexpensive, mixes well, can boost with a little Enzall if you want a enzyme (like Powerburst) for grease or food spills

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
get some powermax from cobb and you will hardly need anything else..and when you do
it will be a little boost of powerburst..on tile and carpet.

TimP

James Cooper said:
Yep , Cobbs stuff is really good, nice fresh scent too.

The only problem with powermax is that it's not inline sprayer friendly.

Like I said try it all make your decision.

I always mixed 4 oz ps, 4 oz pb, and some citrus as my staple prespray on nasty carpet for years.

If I had to choose just one, it would be power strike.

If you haven't tried redline powder, gets some and you will like it. It's the best I have used and I have used most.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
TimP said:
James Cooper said:

The only problem with powermax is that it's not Inline sprayer friendly.

I use powermax in my inline. Is there something I should know?

I add it straight to the jug, fill with hot water, shake it up on my way into the house and I've never had an issue.

TimP

joey895 said:
TimP said:
James Cooper said:

The only problem with powermax is that it's not Inline sprayer friendly.

I use powermax in my inline. Is there something I should know?

I add it straight to the jug, fill with hot water, shake it up on my way into the house and I've never had an issue.

It clogged my filter up. I think if you dilute it down it might be ok. But no way you're doing 40 oz in a 5qt jug. That's 4oz to a gallon.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
TimP said:
It clogged my filter up. I think if you dilute it down it might be ok. But no way you're doing 40 oz in a 5qt jug. That's 4oz to a gallon.

Gotcha. Your right the most I ever put in my 7 qt jug is 24 oz. Usually on 18-20 oz.

TimP

Actually I'm tired of powders not mixing well so I'm making the move to all liquid from now on. I'm too lazy to fight the crap to get it to mix.

Holy Moly on those powermax dilutions.

Jim Martin knows his stuff and says he mixes 8 oz or a cup of powermax in his 5 quart. You guys are overdoing it for sure.

All I use is 6 oz of powder redline in my 5 quart with yellow tip and it kicks power strikes ass.

I boosted it with a little sodium p on a bad pet job the other day. The results were fabulous.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Powermax has been going down hill lately......this last pail I have been using was hard as a brick...I had to take my drill and paint mixer to break it up so I could use it......It does not clean as good as it use to..I think Larry is sneaking in that new and improved stuff on me again.... I have used this stuff for years and I know what it will and will not handle and lately I have had to up the mix just to get it to clean......The stuff use to dissolve as soon as the water hit it and now it clumps in the bottom of the sprayer.......

All I use is 6 oz of powder redline in my 5 quart with yellow tip and it kicks power strikes ass.

where do you get this stuff......

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
hummm my last 2 orders where soft and fluffy...

Whats going on Larry??

i need to order again sooo

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jim Martin said:

Redline is a Masterblend product, Jim.
It's a pretty darn good pre-spray, but ain't no way in hell it'll cut it on on a soiled carpet at the dilution Dan uses...

maybe that's why Dan is moving toward more bonnet and encRapping?
I wouldn't be surprised he's getting just as good or better results with spray 'n wipe or dirt grinding
cause he's not pre-spraying with much more than conditioned water....

..L.T.A.

TimP

meAt said:
Jim Martin said:

It's a pretty darn good pre-spray, but ain't no way in hell it'll cut it on on a soiled carpet at the dilution Dan uses...

I wouldn't be surprised he's getting just as good or better results with spray 'n wipe or dirt grinding

..L.T.A.

I haven't used the Redline stuff but I have used powermax before and I found 4 oz to a gallon to work good in my battery sprayer. I don't see how 6 oz to a 5 qt inline is going to do squat with any detergent. That's 6 oz to 11-12 gallons rtu. Makes no sense that it should work. Anyways Powermax is some good stuff, however I think the quality control isn't where it needs to be and it don't mix well in strong concentrations for inline sprayers. Larry has been very vague with his instructions for use and I think he knows it don't dissolve well for inline sprayers but doesn't want to admit it. The answer is dilute it down and go without a tip in the HF which makes more work because you're constantly mixing up sprayers in large commercial jobs. It's nice to only need to mix up 2-3 jugs a day in large cgd settings. it saves a ton of time. Anyways like I said before I prefer liquid for peace of mind that it's not clogging my sprayer and that it's mixed even with one shake. Time and consistency is worth buying a liquid. I have found traffic slam to be doing the job and when bought in case quantity of 4 that the cost is competitive especially when you factor in free shipping.

Jim you have been more than fair with me.

I am going to send you a jug of Redline.

Mix three two oz scoops in your hf. I use a yellow tip. I know that is insanely low, but it cleans great and even filthy carpet.

If you encounter a really bad dog pee carpet etc, add some citrus and OSR.

You will like it for sure. I have been more than impressed with all the Master Blend chems.

I use an enzyme such as powerburst for protein soiling etc. Using one on residential is not a good idea imo.

There is almost no smell, it mixes easy, very cost effective, no butyl, and it works.

Tim Powerstrike is 12 oz so the redline is half. All the presprays I have used except one I won't mention have done a good job. I just prefer this for residential. At 6 oz in the hf it comes out nice and white. In a pump sprayer I mix 1-2 oz per gallon.

I tried a sample of soap free and really liked it, but I have a ton of dry slurry and mix 8 oz in my 5 gallon jug just to have a little surfactant in the rinse.

p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbQKpxeCwUsp]

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
danielc said:
At 6 oz in the hf it comes out nice and white. In a pump sprayer I mix 1-2 oz per gallon.

Dan, I agree Masterblend has some good chems.
But why would you mix 1-2 oz in a pump up, if it's as effective for you at one TENTH of that in a HF?

I'll "speculate" some reasons why.
You run an on board water softener and are applying MUCH more liquid with the Hydrosoaker .
Plus the added detergent of the Dry Slurry

..L.T.A.

TimP

danielc said:
Jim you have been more than fair with me.

I am going to send you a jug of Redline.

Mix three two oz scoops in your hf. I use a yellow tip. I know that is insanely low, but it cleans great and even filthy carpet.

If you encounter a really bad dog pee carpet etc, add some citrus and OSR.

You will like it for sure. I have been more than impressed with all the Master Blend chems.

I use an enzyme such as powerburst for protein soiling etc. Using one on residential is not a good idea imo.

There is almost no smell, it mixes easy, very cost effective, no butyl, and it works.

Tim Powerstrike is 12 oz so the redline is half. All the presprays I have used except one I won't mention have done a good job. I just prefer this for residential. At 6 oz in the hf it comes out nice and white. In a pump sprayer I mix 1-2 oz per gallon.

I tried a sample of soap free and really liked it, but I have a ton of dry slurry and mix 8 oz in my 5 gallon jug just to have a little surfactant in the rinse.

h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbQKpxeCwUsh]

No offense my friend but that is not heavy soiled carpet in the vid.

I've used the MB soap free and it's decent stuff it just don't mix worth a damn cause it's powder. I used 2 buckets of it and I'm done with it, wont order it again. I've purchased prolon and I'm happy with it.

With what you're cleaning I'd use Judson O2 liquid 2 oz per gallon. And it would smell great and less spot cleaning than any other TLC'er I've used.

Glad to see it works for you, I'd say the dry slurry is making it work that well. It seems to be a good comibination that does the job for lighter to medium soiled jobs. Of course if you up the dilution it appears it would do the job for medium to heavy but I'd have to try it myself to see.

I have never used JJ so I can't comment on it but will try some one day.

Tim I try not to clean rat nasty carpet, but I come accross some from time to time.

For regular residential cleaning the redline works great. A lot of people seem to like the JJ.

I have used most brands of presprays and they all work good.

Give me a minute and I will post a nasty that was spray and suck. I used Powerstrike and some off brand citrus.

This is some nasty carpet.

If you can wear gloves Conquest is a great citrus and the only one that every single customer raved about the smell at 4 oz to a hf. A gallon costs about 20 bucks. I think it is too harsh though. It cleans like no other citrus I have ever used.

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

DSC00184.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

TimP

Yep that's a trashed one alright. Good job....

The purpose of powerburst or powerstrike is to clean places like that.

That's the point of the thread.....otherwise the question would be ultrapac or some other lower ph cleaner like your redline.

meAt said:
Jim Martin said:

..L.T.A.
Just following the directions on the label Larry.

The directions call for 6 oz in a 5 quart jug with a 1:9 sprayer. It works. If it makes you feel better, you can always add an extra scoop, but no way do you need 24 oz etc.

http://www.masterblend.net/index.php?op ... &Itemid=78

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
screw the hydro force unless in a pinch.....

oie glad i have my old porty turned presprayer...

2-4 oz of powermax works great...on terrible nasties i go up to double

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
floorguy said:
hummm my last 2 orders where soft and fluffy...

Whats going on Larry??

i need to order again sooo

exactly.............the stuff use to be all soft and fluffy......now it is more like hard dried together sand and has lost a lot of its cleaning punch.................

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom