PowerBurst or PowerStrike??

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:
Jim you have been more than fair with me.

I am going to send you a jug of Redline.

Mix three two oz scoops in your hf. I use a yellow tip. I know that is insanely low, but it cleans great and even filthy carpet.

If you encounter a really bad dog pee carpet etc, add some citrus and OSR.

You will like it for sure. I have been more than impressed with all the Master Blend chems.

I use an enzyme such as powerburst for protein soiling etc. Using one on residential is not a good idea imo.

There is almost no smell, it mixes easy, very cost effective, no butyl, and it works.

Tim Powerstrike is 12 oz so the redline is half. All the presprays I have used except one I won't mention have done a good job. I just prefer this for residential. At 6 oz in the hf it comes out nice and white. In a pump sprayer I mix 1-2 oz per gallon.

I tried a sample of soap free and really liked it, but I have a ton of dry slurry and mix 8 oz in my 5 gallon jug just to have a little surfactant in the rinse.

t]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbQKpxeCwUst]

I will be more then happy to pay for it and give it a try..............

TimP

danielc said:
Just following the directions on the label Larry.

The directions call for 6 oz in a 5 quart jug with a 1:9 sprayer. It works. If it makes you feel better, you can always add an extra scoop, but no way do you need 24 oz etc.

http://www.masterblend.net/index.php?op ... &Itemid=78

Yeah I looked at what that page said and it don't make sense. First it tells you 2 oz to a gallon. Then turns around and tells you in a 1-10 hf (which are 1-8 anyway) to mix up 6 oz to the 5qt jug. Make sense??? NO!!!! Should be at least 18-20 oz in a hf to get 2 oz to a gallon.

tim

If I am not mistaken, Redline is an Enzyme like Powerburst. It doesnt mix well, that's for sure, but does clean well. I mixed it in my Mytee sprayer and it clogged the filter even after mixing hot and shaking. Dilution ratio not great either. Extreme Clean does just as well, mixes better, doesnt have to be mixed hot and lower dilution ratio. The frequent reports of inconsistent PowerMax is what has prevented me from trying it but I have tried about everything else!

tim

Redline did a nice job, no better than extreme clean or powerburst in my opinion and took more product to do the same job. Clogged the filter on my mytee sprayer, no other product has done that! Truth is alot of presprays "kick ass", the question us which one kicks MORE ass. I like to compare products side by side with all the best products before I settle on one. All things considered, performance-same as other quality enzyme cleaners, dilution rate- higher than alot of comparable products, mixing- takes longer to dissolve than some other products= not my first choice. Others that took the time to compare it with other heavy jitters may have had different results.

Tim Redline is not an enzyme prespray.

Masterblend makes a prespray called "Enzyme Prespray."

The whole reason for using this powder is the great performance, no toxic smell, lower ph, and great diluiton ratio.

If you want the strongest juice just mix up some purple power and oven cleaner. That will cut through anything.

Extreme Clean is not an enzyme prespray either. Prozyme is the powder enzyme.

I don't see how a cleaner can use a prespray that smells like stripper in a high end home.

The bottom line is Redline is a premium powder for premium cleaners.

My next move is to get some JJ because of the high citrus content for greasy carpets and pet urine jobs.

That combo is a winner. Maybe some 40 vol as well.

I have never needed to boost the redline. Well I did add some OSR on a bad pet job.

Jim Martin is getting some. He may hate it or love it. I would like to know how he likes it.

My bet is he will love it.

I just prefer powders and yes the redline mixes with no effort.

tim

I never claimed Extreme Clean was an enzyme, I was unsure about Redline. When I want an Enzyme I use Enzall or Powerburst. Redline is certainly not any more of a "premium" product than any other quality prespray. As for the fragrance, I have NEVER had a complaint on Extreme Clean, in fact, most of my clients love how their house smells when we are through. Have you even smelled stripper OR Extreme Clean? I use Judsons for my everyday cleaning and Extreme Clean for the nasties, Powerburst for Restaurants.

By the way, PH on Redline is 10, 2 scoops per gallon of HOT water. Extreme Clean mixes in cold or hot water at 1 scoop per gallon and if Redline mixed well a brand new Mytee sprayer would not have clogged. Hasnt clogged with ANY other product. I could give you a long list of every prespray I have tried side by side.

As for "premium" cleaner, our company has 3 IICRC Master Cleaners, bring in 4 Airpath airmovers to leave carpets dry to the touch when we leave and are on the high end of our market on price. My question is, have you tried the products side by side? If you have, and had different results than I have then stick to what works for you. I encourage everyone to try products themselves. Different areas have different types of soil and hardness of water etc. which can affect performance.

I have fallen into the bulletin board hype and found very mediocre products recieving praise from people that jumped on a bandwagon or never compared the products with other quality products. I merely wanted to state my experience. Redline cleaned well, but in my experience, no better than Ultrapac or Judsons and I did not like the dilution ratio, or mixing it with hot water. To each his own

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom